By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell me why should get an XB1

Sony fans will tell you not to get one and xbox fans will tell you to get one(hence some of the comments you see in this thread). Shocking how that works.

Get it if there is games that you want it for that isnt also for PC. Forza, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Halo, Rare games, etc. If you like that stuff then get it. Plus Kinect is pretty cool.

However if you dont like that stuff and you dont care for Kinect then dont get it. Really comes down to your preferences at the end of the day and people telling you one way or the other isnt going to change that.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
aryu said:
One reason I can think of: Xbox, on!

I would love it if my PS4+Camera could do that.

time yourself to see which method is faster.

"xbox on" Vs pressing a button.

"xbox, play forza" Vs pressing a button

From this post, you obviously don't understand the significance of the Kinect. "Xbox On" Isn't just being stubborn and using your voice for no reason, I mainly use the voice commands for when I come home from work, make something to eat, have my hands full and get to Netflix,,TV, or Hulu without even turning the controller on.

Really, and who turns on the TV?

Frequency said:
jlmurph2 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
aryu said:

From this post, you obviously don't understand the significance of the Kinect. "Xbox On" Isn't just being stubborn and using your voice for no reason, I mainly use the voice commands for when I come home from work, make something to eat, have my hands full and get to Netflix,,TV, or Hulu without even turning the controller on.

The Kinect does. ;) nice try.

jlmurph2 said:
Frequency said:
jlmurph2 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
aryu said:

And if your TV model isnt supported under the limited list of IR blaster codes? or, for example, like my TV that uses bluetooth and not Infra Red?

Well, the best thing would probably had been to wait with both PS4 and X1 if it´s the games you want. They are both weak in that department, as are all new consoles at first, and I cannot see any reason to get either one if you are not convinced to get one of them (unless you are a huge Killzone fan ofcourse :)).

For the future, it is up to your gaming tastes. If you want all the best exclusives in the 8th gen, you have to go for all three since that is the only way to get them all.

Around the Network

you still need the remote to use the DVR

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I got a X1 because it has and is getting games that seem interest me.

If you feel you need to be convinced to buy a X1, don't get it. At least not yet.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Frequency said:
jlmurph2 said:
Frequency said:
jlmurph2 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
aryu said:

And if your TV model isnt supported under the limited list of IR blaster codes? or, for example, like my TV that uses bluetooth and not Infra Red?

Well I guess if your TV doesn't use infra-red then you won't have that feature and you'll have to turn it on yourself. But you were asking about MY personal experience, which is the Kinect turning on my Xbox and TV with "Xbox On".

jlmurph2 said:

Well I guess if your TV doesn't use infra-red then you won't have that feature and you'll have to turn it on yourself. But you were asking about MY personal experience, which is the Kinect turning on my Xbox and TV with "Xbox On".

That's great for you but this threads about why the OP should get an XB1 or not, so without knowing if his TV is supported or even, if hes actually using a TV and not a monitor, it's no different than recommending a peice of pc hardware that has an accessory that only has a windows 8.1 driver, and not knowing if the OP is running windows 8.1.

fatslob-:O said:
Dead rising 3 looks fun to me so I think you should get the console for that even though it's not technically impressive.

But those graphics in an open world with countless zombies is technically impressive!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)