By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL Next Gen systems are going to fail!

Nem said:
small44 said:
Nem said:
small44 said:
Nem said:
Angelv577 said:
yeah, because ps3 sell 80 million thanks to the casual crowd. Thanks to them ps3 stay in the competition for 7 years. Sarcastic mode: OFF

Are you serious? You think theres 80 million of hardcore gamers on the PS3? The playstation is very casual friendly here in europe at least. People buy it for FIFA, Skyrim and stuff like that.

Fifa,Skyrim are not casuals gamers cookmama and Nintendo dogs are.

Like he later replied, there are different views of what casual gamers are. My definition of casual games is someone that doesnt buy more than 1-2 games a year. What games they are are irrelevant to me on this definition.

For me a casual gamers is a person who play rarely games,some one could buy only 2 games a year but play them everyday.

Many peoples buy a console only for Fifa or COD why do you think those peoples will stop buying Fifa and COD.

I dont think they will stop doing that. But it doesnt mean they will buy a new console to do it. Did you know that until last year i think, FIFA still came out yearly on the PS2

Soccer gamers care about graphics they will buy ps4 version just because it has better graphics,so what even even if Fifa still came on ps2 ,it's a minority.

Number of people who buy a ps3 is more then people who buy a ps2 because of fifa.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
I gotta come back to this one later. its laughable what people are saying.
PS4 will sell more than PS3 in less time cause tablets and cellphones have taken a huge chunk of the market??? What? That doesn't even make sense at all. Less sales would yes but not higher sales.
People actually think first week sales are going to stay that way beyond the first month? wow.....

I doubt PS4 will ever push the same numbers as PS3 simply because of the pay to play scheme Sony has going. Yes the die hards wont have issues but those people couldn't give the Vita decent numbers so how can they impact PS4 that much when they couldn't Vita and these people buy anything Sony. Just not going to happen

My guess is Nintendo in first with 100m. they have the games and the price
X1 in close 2nd because its more than just a graphical upgrade console and people are use to how MS does business plus they have the games atm too
Sony last with 40-60m sold. Charging scheme and lack of innovation/lack of games will hurt sales. Sony's primary group is 13-24 and that group depends on their parents for most of their purchases.

With the bolded in mind, I don't think you should come in here later to have a laugh. This is the craziest post in here by far. And who said that the PS4 would sell more in less time than the PS3? Are you clumping different peoples arguments together or have seen something I haven't? I don't think anyone thinks any console will keep selling first week numbers either, I don't think you can find anyone who thinks that the PS4 will sell 52 million in a year with a weekly average of 1 million units, that's more John Lucas territory and he doesn't do Sony or Microsoft crazy.

ListerOfSmeg said:
PS4 will sell more than PS3 in less time cause tablets and cellphones have taken a huge chunk of the market??? What? That doesn't even make sense at all. Less sales would yes but not higher sales.
People actually think first week sales are going to stay that way beyond the first month? wow.....

I doubt PS4 will ever push the same numbers as PS3 simply because of the pay to play scheme Sony has going. Yes the die hards wont have issues but those people couldn't give the Vita decent numbers so how can they impact PS4 that much when they couldn't Vita and these people buy anything Sony. Just not going to happen

X1 in close 2nd because its more than just a graphical upgrade console and people are use to how MS does business plus they have the games atm too
Sony last with 40-60m sold. Charging scheme and lack of innovation/lack of games will hurt sales. Sony's primary group is 13-24 and that group depends on their parents for most of their purchases.

Is this a troll ? I mean nobody can still really  believe that the Wii U will sell Wii numbers its already behind 10 Million to suddenly sell vastly more is just unrealistic especially to catch up the Wiis first year by selling even more than Wii for the next 5 years ?

Netyaroze said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

Is this a troll ? I mean nobody can still really  believe that the Wii U will sell Wii numbers its already behind 10 Million to suddenly sell vastly more is just unrealistic especially to catch up the Wiis first year by selling even more than Wii for the next 5 years ?

I wouldn't take listerofsmeg seriously. He probably got bored of his WII U to keep damage controling on vgchartz LOL.

fatslob-:O said:
This thread is essentially premature.

I don't think this thread is premature.  Like many threads here on vgchartz, it has a certain level of crystal ball to it. 

But, by you saying it is premature, are you agreeing with it's content but just think it's too early to be sure?

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:

I think you are underestimating the power of Mario to be honest. Nintendo proved before that they can sell more than Xbox 360 and PS3, combined. If MS can sell 90-100 million consoles and Sony 50 million, what would stop Nintendo from selling 150-200 million consoles? Also, imagine a pokemon game, for Wii U. Pokemon U. Casuals and hardcore crowd would go crazy. Everything considered, I think Sony will sell about 30 million because their console is the best game machine. MS can sell 120 million or so because of good marketing and snap feature you know the things that actually shift consoles, also you can burn extra electricity while watching the same TV you know and love. Wii U from anywhere from 150 to 250 million. A price cut to 5$ with bundles will ensure that.

michael_stutzer said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

I think you are underestimating the power of Mario to be honest. Nintendo proved before that they can sell more than Xbox 360 and PS3, combined. If MS can sell 90-100 million consoles and Sony 50 million, what would stop Nintendo from selling 150-200 million consoles? Also, imagine a pokemon game, for Wii U. Pokemon U. Casuals and hardcore crowd would go crazy. Everything considered, I think Sony will sell about 30 million because their console is the best game machine. MS can sell 120 million or so because of good marketing and snap feature you know the things that actually shift consoles, also you can burn extra electricity while watching the same TV you know and love. Wii U from anywhere from 150 to 250 million. A price cut to 5$ with bundles will ensure that.

Gamecube prove that Nintendo first party  only can't save Nintendo console Wii sold  100 millions because of casuals games but casuals don't care about wii u,do you know wii was the fastest selling console in first years and now is barely over 100 millions and wii u now sold less then wii,xbox360 has a better marketing then ps3 but ps3 still outsold it so why this generation will be different.

Ps4 will do a lot better then ps3 at least 20 millions,i expect xboxone sold sold similar to xbox360 or maybe more and wii u will be lucky to sold 30 millions.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

they will all at least be more successful than the gamecube

Landguy said:
Netyaroze said:
Landguy said:
Lawlight said:
PS4 will sell more than 100M.

What makes you think that?

I guess the fact that Xbox one and PS4 track way over their predecessors at the same point in time makes your prediction kind of logically flawed. You basically just said: "Xbox and PS4 will sell less than their predecessors because I say so"

There is no reason to believe your prediction will come true.

Logic??

Let's apply what you just said to reasoning.

Both systems just launched after 7-8 years between generations.  Demand has been built up over that time and in today's society, people who are big fans of anything Line up and pay whatever to get it right away.  That was true to some degree at last gen launchs, but it wasn't as common back then as it is today(look at any iphone launch).  Also, look at ebay.  A large number of people have learned that there is a lot of money to be made in the purchasing and reselling of the systems.  This too creates a crapload of demand from middle men.  The biggest factor is the proliferation of the HDTV.  Even though the last gen was supposed to be the HD revolution, it didn't really happen that way because there were so many people without HDTVs.  Now, the market is sturated with inexpensive HDTVs.  This allows people to go next gen with the lateest tech fora lot less.

THe Because is say so portion is the part where we have to factor in the Smartphone/Tablet/internet segments.  Those areas basically did not exist until the last 3rd of the last gen.  The tablet/smartphone market is exploding in both quantity of paroducts/sales and quality/power.  You can go buy a tablet today that is more powerful than the PS4 or XB1.  It isn't price comparable, but it will be in a few years.

considering a laptop with the power of ps4 will run you about a 1000$ today, it would probably take 5 years for a tablet to have ps4 specs and be around the same price.

Tagged