By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and ONE. The wisdom of 33 countries versus 13.

Tagged games:

Which was wisest?

13 101 18.53%

33 305 55.96%

Somethign else 36 6.61%

See results 103 18.90%

Total:545

Disagree. SONY will do fine in the US. Maybe not dominate but that's not a must do. They're in a comfortable spot there, so why not continue to build precedent in other markets. The fact that Microsoft isn't there is a plus if anything.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I think PS4 shipping is better. No one wants to wait 20 months for next gen console. Americans are rich people, they will buy PS4 sooner or later, but Russians, Asians etc will buy one console and stay with it. PS4 is selling like crazy even in my country ( 700 $ a month ? )

Wouldn't have made a huge difference IMO since the "13" countries cover the same largest markets.  The remainder is I think just a 5 to 10% difference.

Sony has shipped a lot of stock to both US and Europe which are both important. The only reason MS has more to sell in US is because they are selling far worse in Europe.

My 8th gen collection

Sony's strategy looks smarter now in hindsight.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

still missing the point.  keep trying.

I'm on point... you just don't like that.

If Sony outsell MS in all 13 countries then Sony was wisest... it is pretty clear.

lmao

So arrogant.  you think you can read my mind and my intention with this thread?

How can you know if you have missed the point i am making.  It isnt about outselling...

Do you accept it as a possibility that someone unable to find a ps4 in say the US or UK may buy a One instead?  is that a possibilty... a simple yes or no?

The one that wants a PS4 will wait for a PS4. How is that for an answer?

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

If Sony outsell MS in all 13 countries then Sony was wisest... it is pretty clear.

lmao

How can you know if you have missed the point i am making.  It isnt about outselling...

Do you accept it as a possibility that someone unable to find a ps4 in say the US or UK may buy a One instead?  is that a possibilty... a simple yes or no?

Its a possibility, 

But does Kow Accept that someone in a Tier 2 country that cant get a XOne because there is a excess amount sitting on shelves in Tier 1 countries will just buy a PS4 instead.

Xenostar said:
Cthulhu said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

lmao

Its a possibility, 

But does Kow Accept that someone in a Tier 2 country that cant get a XOne because there is a excess amount sitting on shelves in Tier 1 countries will just buy a PS4 instead.

As others have said most people already know what system they want and will get that system. They certainly will not be switching against the cheaper, more powerful, and the one that is "better" amoung public opinion. I think Sony is smart to secure as many markets as possible and not let MS steal a couple

It seems it was proved again that 33 is bigger than 13 =], but that depends on the platform.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Had a feeling this thread would be necrobumped

Aura7541 said:
Had a feeling this thread would be necrobumped

And I had a feeling It would happen by my hands after reading a little more of the weekly sales thread.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."