By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brought a PS4 and 3DS last month, guess which I'm enjoying more

Who would you enjoy more? A hot chick who is really bad in bed and won't do certain things or a girl who has experience and really knows how to make a man feel good?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Bought the Zelda 3DSXL bundle which is my first ever handheld along with Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing New Leaf. Played all 3 for that week until the PS4 launched the next week here in Australia. Played Killzone and BF4 plus a LOT of Resogun for that week until I got plat for Resogun, so then I thought I'd play a bit of my neglected 3DS for a while...except now I'm still on Pokemon and I can't enough of it ._.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

Panama said:
You're enjoying a handheld with 3 years worth of games over a launch console.

You don't say :^)

I was looking through the replies to see who would be the first to spin it....ding, ding, ding...you won!

Stop hating and start playing.

Licence said:
greenmedic88 said:
So... the gist of it is that three year old handheld has a bigger library of games than a one month old console.

Wow. Just, wow.

So you would agree then that a rational consumer, looking to play games, should choose a 3DS at this point in time?

Actually, it depends entirely upon what said rational consumer is in the market for. 

The average adult has no need for a Nintendo handheld. The size of the library doesn't mean anything if they're not in the market for the types of games that sell on the 3DS. 

I can truthfully say there is absolutely nothing for the 3DS that I would buy today. And that's as someone who already owns one. 

greenmedic88 said:
Licence said:
greenmedic88 said:
So... the gist of it is that three year old handheld has a bigger library of games than a one month old console.

Wow. Just, wow.

So you would agree then that a rational consumer, looking to play games, should choose a 3DS at this point in time?

Actually, it depends entirely upon what said rational consumer is in the market for. 

The average adult has no need for a Nintendo handheld. The size of the library doesn't mean anything if they're not in the market for the types of games that sell on the 3DS. 

I can truthfully say there is absolutely nothing for the 3DS that I would buy today. And that's as someone who already owns one. 

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion on whether the 3DS should appeal to an adult gamer. As it turns out, as both an adult gamer and a 3DS owner, I find plenty of joy with it.

Around the Network
Licence said:

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion on whether the 3DS should appeal to an adult gamer. As it turns out, as both an adult gamer and a 3DS owner, I find plenty of joy with it.

I can assure you; you are not the average adult gamer. The average adult gamer is not in his or her 20s anymore, which I gather you are.

And while I realize just about every 20 something has a smartphone yet may still carry a portable game system around, most adults won't think twice about picking up a quick game on a phone or a tablet, which is something they're more likely to carry around regularly than a dedicated handheld gaming device that is for all intents and purposes, a toy. Typically, all a man has on his person is a set of keys, a wallet and a phone. 

But let no one take that the wrong way. Toys are awesome; it's just a little harder for adults to justify carrying one on their person once they join the working world unless they work in an industry where it's not considered unusual. 

Of course this is not to say that a lot of people don't enjoy playing handhelds at home in lieu of any other form of entertainment; I just doubt they're in the majority. 

greenmedic88 said:

Of course, the average adult, as you seem to understand and represent so well, doesn't play RPG's, Platformers or Action Adventure games.

Luck said:
greenmedic88 said:

Of course, the average adult, as you seem to understand and represent so well, doesn't play RPG's, Platformers or Action Adventure games.

Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Uncharted, God of War, Arkham, Bioshock, Witcher, etc. etc.

These are just a few franchises that are just as popular with the over 30 set as they are with the kids.  

greenmedic88 said:
Luck said:

Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Uncharted, God of War, Arkham, Bioshock, Witcher, etc. etc.

These are just a few franchises that are just as popular with the over 30 set as they are with the kids.  

No platformers listed, a very thin array of RPG's that only covers the western action/FPS rpg type and Uncharted represent the cinematic/story heavy type of action adventure games. Almost all those games I frankly find quite interesting! I am really looking forward to The Witcher 3! But it's a selection of games that covers a thin portion of the previously mentioned genres and that excluded, strangely enough, any games with non-realistic graphics.

In the end, if you like tactical and turn-based RPG's while also having a vague interest in Platformers and Action Adventure games, it's almost impossible to find the 3DS game library unattractive, even more if you take into account that it's compatible with the DS library.

Gratz on both your purchases think-man there is plenty to be had on the 3DS while the library of the ps4 starts to fluff itself out a bit over the next few months.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive