By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

With only 204, 784 copies moved in its first week (compared to 424,737 for GT 5) it would seem that the GT 6 has not even managed to move half the copies of the previous entry in the series which was also released to a smaller userbase. Will we see a similar scenario in  N.A & the E.U? Thoughts? 

Update: I missed this from Monday but it seems GT6 only moved 1/5th of what GT5 did in the UK
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-gran-turismo-6-launch-sales-were-just-a-fifth-of-gt5s

(First Week GT5 sales) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/3ds-wii-u-have-another-strong-sales-week-in-japan

Let's wait and see if it outsells any of the Forza games on the X360????

Around the Network
Ashadian said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

With only 204, 784 copies moved in its first week (compared to 424,737 for GT 5) it would seem that the GT 6 has not even managed to move half the copies of the previous entry in the series which was also released to a smaller userbase. Will we see a similar scenario in  N.A & the E.U? Thoughts? 

Update: I missed this from Monday but it seems GT6 only moved 1/5th of what GT5 did in the UK
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-gran-turismo-6-launch-sales-were-just-a-fifth-of-gt5s

(First Week GT5 sales) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/3ds-wii-u-have-another-strong-sales-week-in-japan

Let's wait and see if it outsells any of the Forza games on the X360????

Under normal circumstances that would be a safe bet. However, that may not happen with this one! I really do not see it reaching  50% sales of GT5. I'll go out on a limb and say it reaches 4-4.5 mill tops, which is horrible for Gran Turismo.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
DonFerrari said:
He provided you the source PD page have total sales, vgchartz page have physical estimative. For GT5 they are close, for Gt5p and Gtpsp vgchartz
Is Almost 30% under PD page, and this is assumed due to digital. If you can't enter PD page, check vgchartz numbers I'm not sure you have intracromossomial capacity to discuss teu matter. And by seeing your thread, replies and intention I believe this is the case, even more when you can't infer this much by the available data.

You know what they say about assuming.....Also by that logic you could assume all other games that are undertracked on VG charts are due to digital sales??? No you could not. He never provided any evidence whatsoever to back up his claims. I was able to find EA (who's information is more credible than any of us, even if they are pricks) stating we are far away from even reaching 30% digital. This would not have been stated if digital sales were representing 15-20% by this point.  Considering the terrible spelling you would think you are related to Mr.Elite or an alt account!

So you will consider 30% divergence for gt5p or Gtpsp but not for gt6 even if the others had a lot of time for correction. And still complain about changing arguments. I'm no one alt not know elite. About assuming, because EA posted that a long time ago them all struggle the same? I should think you are mr. Puggsly or selnor alt by your attitude towards gt? By your logic it seems so.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
DonFerrari said:
He provided you the source PD page have total sales, vgchartz page have physical estimative. For GT5 they are close, for Gt5p and Gtpsp vgchartz
Is Almost 30% under PD page, and this is assumed due to digital. If you can't enter PD page, check vgchartz numbers I'm not sure you have intracromossomial capacity to discuss teu matter. And by seeing your thread, replies and intention I believe this is the case, even more when you can't infer this much by the available data.

You know what they say about assuming.....Also by that logic you could assume all other games that are undertracked on VG charts are due to digital sales??? No you could not. He never provided any evidence whatsoever to back up his claims. I was able to find EA (who's information is more credible than any of us, even if they are pricks) stating we are far away from even reaching 30% digital. This would not have been stated if digital sales were representing 15-20% by this point.  Considering the terrible spelling you would think you are related to Mr.Elite or an alt account!

So you will consider 30% divergence for gt5p or Gtpsp but not for gt6 even if the others had a lot of time for correction. And still complain about changing arguments. I'm no one alt not know elite. About assuming, because EA posted that a long time ago them all struggle the same? I should think you are mr. Puggsly or selnor alt by your attitude towards gt? By your logic it seems so.

No, I aksed him to provide links proving 30% overall sales of each game are digital. I never stated that I beleived those numbers and comparing the difference between VGC and PD numbers and assuming that is digital would be of ignorance. I thought he had actual digital sales at first, not false assumptions. Also if you look through my profile, you can clearly tell I am not either of those two. 

P.S - I own GT5

Still fighting the good fight I see. Even though you were off by nearly 200k copies not including digital sales. What, racing game one either the PS3 or Xbox 360 (or PS4 or One for that matter) besides GT5 did that well?

Yeah..."bomb"...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

GT6 will be probably the most bundled game during the next 3 years with the PS3, while still being the best driving sim out there for a least until GT7 is released on PS4.

They will probably heavily bundle this game (along with TLOU) with the super super slim PS3 (20nm cell) in 2014.

The game will have lonnnnnng legs.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

You assume just casue Ea has low digital sales, GT would also.  You assume most have low broadband (even though you dont) you assue 15gb is to much to choose digital for most.

Your point of view is based on assumptions, you assume Vg innital numbers are correct even though just the week prior they were 40% wrong.  And have already adjusted GT6 numbers up once.  

You lack consistent arguement and you flip flop to whatever side supports your feeling.  Your posts are riddled with hypocracy, you base your opinion of vg numbers yet when i use em to show digital you flip agianst them.  

What games final sales has VG under/over tracked by 30% that have no digital version ?

Dont just assume Prove they have.

To show that my extrapolation of digital sales by comparing vg and PD numbers is flawerd you must prove large release like GT with no digital version has been undertracked by 30% thus showing my fallancy.  Should be easy nuf just show the sales numbers.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

You assume just casue Ea has low digital sales, GT would also.  You assume most have low broadband (even though you dont) you assue 15gb is to much to choose digital for most.

Your point of view is based on assumptions, you assume Vg innital numbers are correct even though just the week prior they were 40% wrong.  And have already adjusted GT6 numbers up once.  

You lack consistent arguement and you flip flop to whatever side supports your feeling.  Your posts are riddled with hypocracy, you base your opinion of vg numbers yet when i use em to show digital you flip agianst them.  

What games final sales has VG under/over tracked by 30% that have no digital version ?

To show that my extrapolation of digital sales by comparing vg and PD numbers is flawerd you must prove large release like GT with no digital version has been undertracked by 30% thus showing my fallancy.  Should be easy nuf just show the sales numbers.

And if someone believe 15Gb is too much for a digital game how can PS+ be such a sucess, MS go cloud and digital sales crazy and Sony invest in Gaikai?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

You never provided links for these digital numbers, until then your talking out of your arse. Also I feel very sad for you if you do not believe that EA's  #'s would be in correlation to PD's. Are you forgetting they have multi million selling franchises on PC as well? 

With all do respect your argument is an absolute fail. Instead of asking questions, provide an answer to mine. Link the digital percentages for the games you provided as they PD's own site does not seem to have them. 

P.S I have never flip flopped once. You simply avoid my questions and go off into a nonsensical rant!

DonFerrari said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

And if someone believe 15Gb is too much for a digital game how can PS+ be such a sucess, MS go cloud and digital sales crazy and Sony invest in Gaikai?

The majority still purchase games on disc, please refer to EA comment. Digital content sells, but that is usually addons, dlc, indie games, etc of small size. M$ and Sony are investing in the future as companies are increasing data caps (some eliminating them) and will eventually pressure these companies to change their policies. At the current time, 15GB is still to large for a lot of people (time & bandwith)