By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

BeElite said:
kabamarutr said:

Given GT5p overall sales were 23% digital no 30 would not be high, Euro GT5p numbers should to be somewhere in the middle of 30/40% digital thats 5 years ago.  

Especially given your point of brodband prices affecting people chooseing digital or disk, Europe has much better likley hood of higher digital % of sales compared to NA with its overpriced stone age broadband. 

Iv seen them adjust massivly up and down, them undertracking GT6 in Europe by as much as if not more then 50% would be nothing new.

GT6 second week is liekly to have a lower % drop comapred to GT5.   Shorter first week and closer to xmas.

lol they have already adjusted their numbers up, expect this to be a trend.  

And 850k, digital will easily push it past 1m.  thats in Two days of sales.

Have you got any link verifying that, so we can all have a better picture of GT6 sales?

43/35 % Europe
23% Japan
7% NA

Digital vs disk for GT5p

Mind you this is using Vg numbers vs PD, who knows how wrong VG numbers are.  

Though this would support Nirvana_Nut85 theory of brodband pricing affecting digital sales and makes logical sense given NA inferior broadband comapred to rest of ther developed world.  

Thank you. I wish more people would see those figures, so they stopped making false impressions of the situation at hand. There are various threads dealing with the matter and it seems to be the popular issue these days. Perhaps they should all include them.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
kabamarutr said:

Given GT5p overall sales were 23% digital no 30 would not be high, Euro GT5p numbers should to be somewhere in the middle of 30/40% digital thats 5 years ago.  

Especially given your point of brodband prices affecting people chooseing digital or disk, Europe has much better likley hood of higher digital % of sales compared to NA with its overpriced stone age broadband. 

Iv seen them adjust massivly up and down, them undertracking GT6 in Europe by as much as if not more then 50% would be nothing new.

GT6 second week is liekly to have a lower % drop comapred to GT5.   Shorter first week and closer to xmas.

Have you got any link verifying that, so we can all have a better picture of GT6 sales?

43/35 % Europe
23% Japan
7% NA

Digital vs disk for GT5p

Mind you this is using Vg numbers vs PD, who knows how wrong VG numbers are.  

Though this would support Nirvana_Nut85 theory of brodband pricing affecting digital sales and makes logical sense given NA inferior broadband comapred to rest of ther developed world.  

Our broadband speeds are excellent (top tier upwards of 250mb), it's the pricing and caps that are utter B.S, although in Canada at least they are starting to go back to unlimited.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Lets just assume that digital sales reach 30% (it wont)  which would be high. That would only account for 15k-20k on a game that sold 56K or so in the UK. Doersn't really make much of a difference does it?

No, it wont make a difference and I am not blind Had you followed VGC #'s recently you would notice a significant amount of games were "adjusted down" . You will realize the loss of interest in this series once the second week sales are posted. 

GT5p is irrelevant!! You cannot compare a game that was under 2gbs to a 15gb game! Also please provide links for the numbers.

I'd also be willing to bet that GT6 will have an even larger drop that GT5 I'd be suprised if it manages over 200K

Also pelase support your claims with data where digital sales will contribute to approx 20 percent of sales as you are claiming. Please provide similar statistics for "full" games, not prologue.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Absence of proof, plausible deniability, the mystery of the unknown and untrackable.........

Guys, I get it. Digital sales are out there. It isn't enough to change the big picture. This damage control is getting kinda sad. Is it too much to man up?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Lets just assume that digital sales reach 30% (it wont)  which would be high. That would only account for 15k-20k on a game that sold 56K or so in the UK. Doersn't really make much of a difference does it?

No, it wont make a difference and I am not blind Had you followed VGC #'s recently you would notice a significant amount of games were "adjusted down" . You will realize the loss of interest in this series once the second week sales are posted. 

GT5p is irrelevant!! You cannot compare a game that was under 2gbs to a 15gb game! Also please provide links for the numbers.

I'd also be willing to bet that GT6 will have an even larger drop that GT5 I'd be suprised if it manages over 200K

Also pelase support your claims with data where digital sales will contribute to approx 20 percent of sales as you are claiming. Please provide similar statistics for "full" games, not prologue.

LOL sure GT5p is irelevent it supports my theory not yours.

im providing the data that is most relevent, as in digital sales shown in the franshise we are discussing.

If you feel digital sales matter not, PROVE IT.  find sales to show it.

Around the Network

GTPSP
vg numbers 3.08
PD numbers 4.22

If you trust vg numbers are correct and compared to official PD numbers that shows 27% of sales were Digital

GT5p feb/march 2008
22.62% Digital sales.

GT PSP 2009 Oct
27% DIGITAL sales.

sales2099 said:
Absence of proof, plausible deniability, the mystery of the unknown and untrackable.........

Guys, I get it. Digital sales are out there. It isn't enough to change the big picture. This damage control is getting kinda sad. Is it too much to man up?

Do you prefer those sales are not taken into account?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

BeElite said:
GTPSP
vg numbers 3.08
PD numbers 4.22

If you trust vg numbers are correct and compared to official PD numbers that shows 27% of sales were Digital

GT5p feb/march 2008
22.62% Digital sales.

GT PSP 2009 Oct
27% DIGITAL sales.

I think file size has something to do with it. It was easy to download it. Can you find digital numbers for GT5.....a more comparable game?

But ok.....were looking at 250k digital, and thats being optomistic. That still puts it well below GT5 retail opening week. So what are you trying to prove when its all so futile?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
GTPSP
vg numbers 3.08
PD numbers 4.22

GT5p feb/march 2008
22.62% Digital sales.

GT PSP 2009 Oct
27% DIGITAL sales.

I think file size has something to do with it. It was easy to download it. Can you find digital numbers for GT5.....a more comparable game?

GT5 had no digital version.

GT6 does, to many seem absent of this fact when comapring their sales.

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
GTPSP
vg numbers 3.08
PD numbers 4.22

GT5p feb/march 2008
22.62% Digital sales.

GT PSP 2009 Oct
27% DIGITAL sales.

GT5 had no digital version.

GT6 does, to many seem absent of this fact when comapring their sales.

But ok.....were looking at 250k digital, and thats being optomistic. That still puts it well below GT5 retail opening week. So what are you trying to prove when its all so futile?