By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

Are digital sales included?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:

Of couse they are not.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Grasping at straws!!! LMAO!! Your the one who was trying to blame winters storms for poor sales and seem to have this pipe dream that magically, digital sales are going to contribute a significant amount to a low selling game. There is absolutely no logic to it. Please advise where the figures are for Gran Turismo 5??? (full game not prologue).Had there been the signifant amount of digital sales like there was with prologue, would the data have not been released?  15 gigs is significant for most people. A lot of caps start from 50gb and go upwards of 250gb. My ISP does not cap you until you get into the higher tiered  services 50-250mb(i'm sitting at 20mb for the time being).

I'm willing to bet that when NPD numbers are released, Vg will have overtracked GT6 for N.A. I am also willing to bet that PD will not release digital sales figures for GT6 because the fact of the matter is, it's not going to contribute anything significant (Probably around 5-7%). 

lmao

You want logic.

GT5 no digital version, DISK ONLY.  GT6 yes available on PSN.  

Next time can you educate yourself on the matter before posting bs.  Do you comprehand the significence of it when comapring sales between GT5 and GT6? 

Any one with half a brain knows how negativly weather can affects retail, im sure some one here worked in stores and can tell you.  And i know it did going by plenty on Gtplanet changing to digital over disk due to winter storms in their area.  Surprisingly a lot of them went digital over disk from day one, or maybe not digital sales are rather good on PC.  Natural progression.

Thought GT5 was available digitally my bad.

This isn't fairy tale dream land where a game that "BOMBS" magically sells an astonishing amount of digital copies at $59.99. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about and your fanboyism is blinding you! Please for a moment, take off the rose coloured glasses. Bad weather affects reail however, I highly doubt there was this significant number of people waiting that day  going "oh no bad weather, guess i'll go download". I mean, even assuming that is completely illogical. 

Also please provide links to where exactly these winter storms were occuring during that weekend. Seems like all the other games released from what the figures show, still managed reasonable sales. 

It must be a fairy tale to you, casue to know something bombed you first need to know its numbers.

And none here do.  Only legit numbers we know are Japan and thats disk only no digital, vg numbers are miss quite often and holidays sales make it even harder for them to guesstamate.  

Ill be some time before real ww numbers are known.  

Maybe research shit out your self, actually know wtf you are posting about.

We have a clear indication of the numbers. Actually if anything, VG numbers are probably a little too high for the U.S (I suspect it's lower). 

I did my research, as the previous comments indicate but it doesn't seem that you can read very clearly.Your just commenting out of pure blind fanboyism. Did you not read the countless articles of GT6 selling 1/5th of the previous game in the UK?. We'll have theglobal numbers in the next few days, which will indicate that I was right.

Please be thorough in your own research before taking out of your ass. Good day.

So what are gt6 sales in uk including digital.

yahh no one knows.

Gt5 first week had 4 days of sales, gt6 had two.... u really so blind that you think double the sales time makes no difference.

So eel talking out ur ass without for a second wraping ur mind around facts.  Pd updates their numbers, we will have legit numbers eveantually.  

Sorry I dont much trust a guess from vgc.

Lets just assume that digital sales reach 30% (it wont)  which would be high. That would only account for 15k-20k on a game that sold 56K or so in the UK. Doersn't really make much of a difference does it?

No, it wont make a difference and I am not blind Had you followed VGC #'s recently you would notice a significant amount of games were "adjusted down" . You will realize the loss of interest in this series once the second week sales are posted. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

It is nice to see the other side for a change go into damage control. Seems to be a mix of " But teh digital" and "Its been out for less days then GT5 was"

Gimme a break. Its late in the gen and the next gen is upon us. What do you expect? Offcourse there are other factors at play, but its clear the series is on the decline.

Nothing wrong with that though if you like the game and still plan to enjoy it right?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Shinobi-san said:
Saw this coming.

GT5 did damage to the GT brand especially amongst the casual audience. GT6 is simply way to similar.

I hope this pushes Kaz into making some bigger changes in GT7..In fact they should drop the number and just make it Gran Turismo.

So it's got nothing to do with the fact a lot of people have bought the PS4! I live and learn on this site.

Well i suppose theres multiple factors at play here.

However im still of the opinion that GT5 did not impress the casual audience....

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
BeElite said:
kabamarutr said:

Of couse they are not.

Then how do we make assumptions on sales?

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Lets just assume that digital sales reach 30% (it wont)  which would be high. That would only account for 15k-20k on a game that sold 56K or so in the UK. Doersn't really make much of a difference does it?

No, it wont make a difference and I am not blind Had you followed VGC #'s recently you would notice a significant amount of games were "adjusted down" . You will realize the loss of interest in this series once the second week sales are posted. 

Given GT5p overall sales were 23% digital no 30 would not be high, Euro GT5p numbers should to be somewhere in the middle of 30/40% digital thats 5 years ago.  

Especially given your point of brodband prices affecting people chooseing digital or disk, Europe has much better likley hood of higher digital % of sales compared to NA with its overpriced stone age broadband. 

Iv seen them adjust massivly up and down, them undertracking GT6 in Europe by as much as if not more then 50% would be nothing new.

GT6 second week is liekly to have a lower % drop comapred to GT5.   Shorter first week and closer to xmas.

lol they have already adjusted their numbers up, expect this to be a trend.  

And 850k, digital will easily push it past 1m.  thats in Two days of sales.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Given GT5p overall sales were 23% digital no 30 would not be high, Euro GT5p numbers should to be somewhere in the middle of 30/40% digital thats 5 years ago.  

Especially given your point of brodband prices affecting people chooseing digital or disk, Europe has much better likley hood of higher digital % of sales compared to NA with its overpriced stone age broadband. 

Iv seen them adjust massivly up and down, them undertracking GT6 in Europe by as much as if not more then 50% would be nothing new.

GT6 second week is liekly to have a lower % drop comapred to GT5.   Shorter first week and closer to xmas.

Have you got any link verifying that, so we can all have a better picture of GT6 sales?

kabamarutr said:
BeElite said:
kabamarutr said:

Of couse they are not.

Then how do we make assumptions on sales?

You can extrapalate Digital sales if you compare GT5p Numbers to PD numbers.  

4.14m
PD 5.35m

Thats was in 2008. As a frame of reference the first Iphone relased in 2007(US).

Any one want to argue digital adoption has decreased since then ?

kabamarutr said:

Have you got any link verifying that, so we can all have a better picture of GT6 sales?

43/35 % Europe
23% Japan
7% NA

Digital vs disk for GT5p

Mind you this is using Vg numbers vs PD, who knows how wrong VG numbers are.  

Though this would support Nirvana_Nut85 theory of brodband pricing affecting digital sales and makes logical sense given NA inferior broadband comapred to rest of ther developed world.