By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

Gran Tourismo always makes good threads :D

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Seems like you are still not factoring in the $20 difference and the size of the game. Now to add to the insanity, you throw in a handheld game into the mix. Handheld vs. Console digital sales are not even close to being in the same league at this point in time. Companies also provide "shipped" numbers not sold to consumers. Your logic is flawed once again.

I also try to refrain from swearing but are you ever going to provide the f#@$ing links like you've been asked over and over again? It is not my responsibility to go searching for your numbers!

What big factor is $20 difference? ohh yahh none.  Wheres your proof that its a factor, not just what you feel.

Yes 15 gigs such a massive deterrent from getting digital.  Oh the horror i only have 500Gb in my PS3, and i have ther freedom to upgrade to even more.

Iv proven that the GT fanbase is used to digital sales, its a fact.  you have no argument agianst it.  

Sales.

VG GT5 10.69
PD GT5 10.66

VG GT4 11.66
PD GT4 11.76

less then 1% differance between Vg and offical PD numbers.  Once agian my logic is legit, you are just plain wrong.  I use mathemitcal facts you only have fanboy feelings.

PDs site has the numbers, VGC has the numbers.

No your just delusional , nothing more, nothing less. You haven't proven anything. All you've provided are illogical arguments to accompany your fanboy pipe dream. 

Where is your proof that 15gbs is not a big deal to some people? You were clearly advised of isp limitations but choose to ignore it . Your also forgetting the clear lack of interest and poor marketing for the game.Your also using a glorified demo and a psp game as evidence, considering the size of each game? GTFO!

Where is your proof that GT6 is selling this magical amount of unheard digital sales for a console game?

You clearly have nothing. When week 2 sales are in, it will further cement this!

Yahh lets pretand gamers tend not to be on the forftont of lateast and greatest tech adoption, lets pretand for you arguments sake all gamers have shit low capped internet.  Sure bud sure.  US bandwith is so bad, netflix bankruptcy is imminent.  

Post facts not feelings, no one cares what some fanboy feels.

If GTPSP or GT5p lacks releveancy post something that does.  Discredit my numbers using numbers, or is that to hard fort you to do.  

Post something more relevent then those two. Show some games sales and its failure in the digital relm to support and prove your theory.

Since my numbers are so irrelevent to GT6, you shoudl have no trouble at all posting ones that are much much more so relevent.

Come on lets see em, im sure you got em since your so sure of your self.  

Using Netflix as an example does not work in your favor. Netflix has the ability to limit bandwith by reducing quality, therefore not consuming a significant amount of the data cap. 

There basically are no digital numbers to post as they are not relevant. Do you seriously and I mean seriously believe that if any major release had a greater than 10% in digital sales that they would not provide those figures? It's also been explained to you now by a few members why GTPSP & Prologue lack relevancy.  If you cannot comprehend this you never will.

Your question to that has already been answered. You claimed PD released digital figures previously for Prologue due to high sales. Can you name any other developer who has done that for console? No, you cant because as I stated there #'s are not significant. NPD will start releasing the figures (hopefully soon) and you'll begin to understand that digital is not a significant contributer to consoles as of yet.

As I advised you in my last post. Week 2 will cement the fact that I am right, plain and simple and we will give it a month to see what sort of digital sales # PD scrambles to release (best bet 10%)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-02-npd-preparing-to-track-digital-sales-this-year

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Seems like you are still not factoring in the $20 difference and the size of the game. Now to add to the insanity, you throw in a handheld game into the mix. Handheld vs. Console digital sales are not even close to being in the same league at this point in time. Companies also provide "shipped" numbers not sold to consumers. Your logic is flawed once again.

I also try to refrain from swearing but are you ever going to provide the f#@$ing links like you've been asked over and over again? It is not my responsibility to go searching for your numbers!

What big factor is $20 difference? ohh yahh none.  Wheres your proof that its a factor, not just what you feel.

Yes 15 gigs such a massive deterrent from getting digital.  Oh the horror i only have 500Gb in my PS3, and i have ther freedom to upgrade to even more.

Iv proven that the GT fanbase is used to digital sales, its a fact.  you have no argument agianst it.  

Sales.

VG GT5 10.69
PD GT5 10.66

VG GT4 11.66
PD GT4 11.76

less then 1% differance between Vg and offical PD numbers.  Once agian my logic is legit, you are just plain wrong.  I use mathemitcal facts you only have fanboy feelings.

No your just delusional , nothing more, nothing less. You haven't proven anything. All you've provided are illogical arguments to accompany your fanboy pipe dream. 

Where is your proof that 15gbs is not a big deal to some people? You were clearly advised of isp limitations but choose to ignore it . Your also forgetting the clear lack of interest and poor marketing for the game.Your also using a glorified demo and a psp game as evidence, considering the size of each game? GTFO!

Where is your proof that GT6 is selling this magical amount of unheard digital sales for a console game?

You clearly have nothing. When week 2 sales are in, it will further cement this!

Yahh lets pretand gamers tend not to be on the forftont of lateast and greatest tech adoption, lets pretand for you arguments sake all gamers have shit low capped internet.  Sure bud sure.  US bandwith is so bad, netflix bankruptcy is imminent.  

If GTPSP or GT5p lacks releveancy post something that does.  Discredit my numbers using numbers, or is that to hard fort you to do.  

Post something more relevent then those two. Show some games sales and its failure in the digital relm to support and prove your theory.

Since my numbers are so irrelevent to GT6, you shoudl have no trouble at all posting ones that are much much more so relevent.

Using Netflix as an example does not work in your favor. Netflix has the ability to limit bandwith by reducing quality, therefore not consuming a significant amount of the data cap. 

There basically are no digital numbers to post as they are not relevant. Do you seriously and I mean seriously believe that if any major release had a greater than 10% in digital sales that they would not provide those figures? It's also been explained to you now by a few members why GTPSP & Prologue lack relevancy.  If you cannot comprehend this you never will.

Your question to that has already been answered. You claimed PD released digital figures previously for Prologue due to high sales. Can you name any other developer who has done that for console? No, you cant because as I stated there #'s are not significant. NPD will start releasing the figures (hopefully soon) and you'll begin to understand that digital is not a significant contributer to consoles as of yet.

As I advised you in my last post. Week 2 will cement the fact that I am right, plain and simple and we will give it a month to see what sort of digital sales # PD scrambles to release (best bet 10%)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-02-npd-preparing-to-track-digital-sales-this-year

By the fact you cant post anything better it shows im right and GT5p and GTpsps are the most relevent numbers we have, its the best we have to guess with potential digital sales for GT6.  Other devs numbers would mean less even if you could find em which you cant yet you are arguing agianst ones we can lol cry wolf much.  I got proof of Gran Turismos digital sales history.  That the franchise has already welcomed in digital game ownership.  Digital sales having a decent % of the sales pie on GT6 would be nothing shoking for this franchise.

None explained how GT5P or GTpsp lack relevency since NONE of you have any numbers to prove them lacking relevency.  All you all have is feelings and opinions backed by NO facts.  In the big boy world you need facts numbers as proof to get your point across, you feeling that its not relevent just does not cut it.

Hey waht the hell  ill help you since you are having such a hard time with this.

If you want to show GT5p digital sales are and anomoly due to its price, you must show a full priced  game selling far less digtal on PSN.  Show a few examples to prove you are right.  To prove Gtpsp is irrlelevnt show how some other franchsie did well digitally on PSP yet its conosle digital sales were next to nothing.  This would nullify the Gtpsp GT6 potential correlation. 

Just post facts to prove your current hypothesis more correct them mine, it really is this simple. 

But if you still struggle to comprehand that an agruemnt with out merit is worthless then so be it.

By the way if you truely think 15gb dw is hold back digital sales you full of it.  US providers are actualy quite good comapred to the nazis in canada and u dont see me crying 15bg is much.  Comsact lowest cap is 300gb from what i gather on a $40 plan, $55 in nazivile gets you a pathetic 60/80BGB and yet your are bitching lol.  Anything to support your baseless argument ehh hehe.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Sales.

VG GT5 10.69
PD GT5 10.66

VG GT4 11.66
PD GT4 11.76

By the fact you cant post anything better it shows im right and GT5p and GTpsps are the most relevent numbers we have, its the best we have to guess with potential digital sales for GT6.  Other devs numbers would mean less even if you could find em which you cant yet you are arguing agianst ones we can lol cry wolf much.  I got proof of Gran Turismos digital sales history.  That the franchise has already welcomed in digital game ownership.  Digital sales having a decent % of the sales pie on GT6 would be nothing shoking for this franchise.

None explained how GT5P or GTpsp lack relevency since NONE of you have any numbers to prove them lacking relevency.  All you all have is feelings and opinions backed by NO facts.  In the big boy world you need facts numbers as proof to get your point across, you feeling that its not relevent just does not cut it.

Hey waht the hell  ill help you since you are having such a hard time with this.

If you want to show GT5p digital sales are and anomoly due to its price, you must show a full priced  game selling far less digtal on PSN.  Show a few examples to prove you are right.  To prove Gtpsp is irrlelevnt show how some other franchsie did well digitally on PSP yet its conosle digital sales were next to nothing.  This would nullify the Gtpsp GT6 potential correlation. 

Just post facts to prove your current hypothesis more correct them mine, it really is this simple. 

But if you still struggle to comprehand that an agruemnt with out merit is worthless then so be it.

By the way if you truely think 15gb dw is hold back digital sales you full of it.  US providers are actualy quite good comapred to the nazis in canada and u dont see me crying 15bg is much.  Comsact lowest cap is 300gb from what i gather on a $40 plan, $55 in nazivile gets you a pathetic 60/80BGB and yet your are bitching lol.  Anything to support your baseless argument ehh hehe.

The fact of the matter is you have yet to back up any of your apprent facts with links or proof. Plain and simple. You seem to hypocritcally call me out for this yet you are doing the same in your delusional fanboy state of mind. So once again, post the links, post the links, post the links, post the links, post the links!

Your whole argument claiming that GTpsp and GT5p are not irrelevant are null and void for digital sales until you can link the actual figures which I have asked more than several times now.  You are asking me to provide statistics that you cannot even seem to find yourself, therefore claiming that a game that has had terrible marketing, complete lack of hype and poor (for the series) physical sales, yet has this magical amount of digital sales (which you cannot provide either) is complete and utter insanity. Why should you help me? Well, it seems that you cannot even help yourself when it comes to linking these digital sales and completely avoid the question! If we go by EA's most recent comments "It's a long way off" before digital downloads contribute to 30% of sales as "PHYSICAL GAME SALES STILL DWARF DIGITAL"!!!!!! http://ap.ign.com/en/news/10404/ea-physical-game-sales-still-dwarf-digital. If digital contributed to even 15-20% revenue vs physical, quotes like this would not have been made. 

300GB a month is sweet F! all. I go through 50gb every two days with streaming, netflix, downloads,etc. I'm sure a lot of people as well can attest to the same sort of usage. Why the hell is anyone going to waste 15gb of data for the a full price game when they can simply own the physical copy.  You need to face the reality that GT6 is a bomb. End of story. 

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

The fact of the matter is you have yet to back up any of your apprent facts with links or proof. Plain and simple. You seem to hypocritcally call me out for this yet you are doing the same in your delusional fanboy state of mind. So once again, post the links, post the links, post the links, post the links, post the links!

Your whole argument claiming that GTpsp and GT5p are not irrelevant are null and void for digital sales until you can link the actual figures which I have asked more than several times now.  You are asking me to provide statistics that you cannot even seem to find yourself, therefore claiming that a game that has had terrible marketing, complete lack of hype and poor (for the series) physical sales, yet has this magical amount of digital sales (which you cannot provide either) is complete and utter insanity. Why should you help me? Well, it seems that you cannot even help yourself when it comes to linking these digital sales and completely avoid the question! If we go by EA's most recent comments "It's a long way off" before digital downloads contribute to 30% of sales as "PHYSICAL GAME SALES STILL DWARF DIGITAL"!!!!!! http://ap.ign.com/en/news/10404/ea-physical-game-sales-still-dwarf-digital. If digital contributed to even 15-20% revenue vs physical, quotes like this would not have been made. 

300GB a month is sweet F! all. I go through 50gb every two days with streaming, netflix, downloads,etc. I'm sure a lot of people as well can attest to the same sort of usage. Why the hell is anyone going to waste 15gb of data for the a full price game when they can simply own the physical copy.  You need to face the reality that GT6 is a bomb. End of story. 

This is just hilarious.  You go through 50gb every two days so potentially doing 750gb a month yet cry about 15 for a full game,  congrats you have just disproven your bandwith argument.  Any more self examples to disprove your self?

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/ hope you are able enough to click once, then ill take some basic math when compared to VG numbers which you so ferociously support as correct.  And you get a number, if you need help just ask.

I face the reality you are a ignorant fanboy nothing more, even given Vg obvious ubdertracked numbers, 850k in two days.... yahh a bomb lol.

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Around the Network

He already provided you the source PD page have total sales, vgchartz page have physical estimative. For GT5 they are close, for Gt5p and Gtpsp vgchartz
Is Almost 30% under PD page, and this is assumed due to digital. If you can't enter PD page, check vgchartz numbers I'm not sure you have intracromossomial capacity to discuss teu matter. And by seeing your thread, replies and intention I believe this is the case, even more when you can't infer this much by the available data.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yep, GT6 bombed. (No. 1 on VGChartz's software sales list.)

Love the 'final update' in the title, the game has been out less then 2 weeks, it's final, off the shelves, let's move on.
To add some useless anecdotal evidence, only half the people who were regularly playing GT5 on my friends lists have upgraded to gt6 so far, the other half is still busy with GTA5 multiplayer.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

This is just hilarious.  You go through 50gb every two days so potentially doing 750gb a month yet cry about 15 for a full game,  congrats you have just disproven your bandwith argument.  Any more self examples to disprove your self?

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/ hope you are able enough to click once, then ill take some basic math when compared to VG numbers which you so ferociously support as correct.  And you get a number, if you need help just ask.

I face the reality you are a ignorant fanboy nothing more, even given Vg obvious ubdertracked numbers, 850k in two days.... yahh a bomb lol.

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

NO, had you properly read my posts, you would have noticed that I had stated that I have "UNLIMITED". A significant portion of people do not. If bandwith limitations were not a huge factor, companies like Netflix would not provide the option of limiting the bandwith used.

Their site does not provide digital sales. I clearly provided you a reference from EA which you were unable to refute. If your attempting to compare VGC vs PD and claim that's the diff between digital sales then you need to re-evaluate your argument.

You claim VGC undertracks then claimit doesn't (read previous posts) make up your mind. Also, you never answered nor addressed any of my points, nor have you provided a link to DIGITAL SALES. Please Google the UK #'s if you do not beleive me on that one either!

DonFerrari said:
He already provided you the source PD page have total sales, vgchartz page have physical estimative. For GT5 they are close, for Gt5p and Gtpsp vgchartz
Is Almost 30% under PD page, and this is assumed due to digital. If you can't enter PD page, check vgchartz numbers I'm not sure you have intracromossomial capacity to discuss teu matter. And by seeing your thread, replies and intention I believe this is the case, even more when you can't infer this much by the available data.

You know what they say about assuming.....Also by that logic you could assume all other games that are undertracked on VG charts are due to digital sales??? No you could not. He never provided any evidence whatsoever to back up his claims. I was able to find EA (who's information is more credible than any of us, even if they are pricks) stating we are far away from even reaching 30% digital. This would not have been stated if digital sales were representing 15-20% by this point.  Considering the terrible spelling you would think you are related to Mr.Elite or an alt account!