By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 49 ( Dec. 2 - Dec. 8 )

Somini said:
osed125 said:

Kinda funny how you always talk about people defensive and yet, you are being defensive now.

Pointing bias out is defensive now? I love how you're making assumptions about me without having any knowledge of me or the subject at hand!

What bias? People are pointing out the obvious and giving very good reasons as to why GT 6 flopped. You mentioning 3D World means you are at the defensive (since no one mentioned it prior to you), no need to deny it. Be honest with us, we don't bite.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Somini said:
JWeinCom said:
Somini said:
Zero999 said:

Gran bomba 6, vita tv scratching the botton, nintendo pacman, DQX expansion sold out, mario up. really interesting week.

Gran bomba? You know it's selling better than Mario 3D, right?

It sold about twice as well, but the install base for the PS3 is about 8x bigger than the Wii U.  Obviously, that doesn't mean that it should sell 8x more, but the expectations should definitely be higher.  It also opened at about half of what GT5 did. 

So in your logic, if Mario Galaxy 3 was released on the Wii it would sell more than Mario Galaxy 2?

Huh?  Where did I say that?  I never said that install base was the only factor in sales, but it is a large one.  Would you have the same expectations of a movie that released on 5000 screens and a movie that released on 500 screens?

But, since you bring up galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy debuted in Japan with about 240k in sales.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 opened with about 320K.   Pokemon Diamond and Pearl opened with 1.6 million.  Pokemon White/Black Opened with 2.6 million. 

Typically, mainline sequels open stronger than their predecessors, but do not sell as well in the longrun.  This is partially because of happy customers who enjoyed the last entry, and partially because of install base.  Having a drop of about 50% is not a good sign. 

osed125 said:
Somini said:
osed125 said:

Kinda funny how you always talk about people defensive and yet, you are being defensive now.

Pointing bias out is defensive now? I love how you're making assumptions about me without having any knowledge of me or the subject at hand!

What bias? People are pointing out the obvious and giving very good reasons as to why GT 6 flopped. You mentioning 3D World means you are at the defensive (since no one mentioned it prior to you), no need to deny it. Be honest with us, we don't bite.

I mentioned it. It doesn't to have been mentioned before for me to make a good comparisson between the 2. Is something the matter? You see the points i make as defensive, but are turning up a blind eye to all the spining!

GT6 isnt doing very good.

Somini said:
osed125 said:

I mentioned it. It doesn't to have been mentioned before for me to make a good comparisson between the 2. Is something the matter? You see the points i make as defensive, but are turning up a blind eye to all the spining!

You mentioned a game that has practically no relation to GT 6. So I ask you, why you did that? In case you are trying to spin this in calling me defensive, I don't really care if 3D World flops or not, don't even own the game.

Also, the only reason I keep talking to you is because it's a very boring day at work, need to find some sort of entertaiment.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Somini said:
osed125 said:

You mentioned a game that has practically no relation to GT 6. So I ask you, why you did that? In case you are trying to spin this in calling me defensive, I don't really care if 3D World flops or not, don't even own the game.

Also, the only reason I keep talking to you is because it's a very boring day at work, need to find some sort of entertaiment.

So you're trolling then?

Somini said:
osed125 said:

So you're trolling then?

You be the judge.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Carl2291 said:
The power of Dragon Quest. I really cant see beyond XI being on 3DS but I wonder where they will plonk XII

I think it would prove very helpfull for wii u in japan if nintendo paid for DQ XI to be wii u exclusive.

Why do people think DQX pushed that much HW? It's an expansion, meaning that you need the real game to play it. It's Holyd... I mean Nintendodays now, so it's natural.
There's no excuse to 3DS numbers, they aren't bad, but they aren't impressive. It should be at its 200's.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

IsawYoshi said:
ryuzaki57 said:
GT6 bombs as expected, but Inazuma is the mega-bomba of the week. Series fatigue or too much competition?

Vita holds pretty well

Probably a combination. It seems like there's a new game in that series every month, and there is a large amount of games that just came out.

But still, that percentage is horrible. 

It's called Level 5 legs. And I think ryuzaki should stop saying bomba to their games because Youkai and FL DLC proved him wrong.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David