By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 49 ( Dec. 2 - Dec. 8 )

Nicely done.

Around the Network
benao87 said:
I'm actually worried about 3DS, it won't reach 2012 numbers, has it peaked?

Pokemon had a huge boost, I would expected a similar thing with MH4, but it's actually down.

I'm wondering this too.  I thought it was a lock that Pokemon & Monster Hunter > Animal Crossing & 2D Mario in terms of hardware shifting, but it seems not.  Animal Crossing really, really, really did wonders for moving hardware to a broader userbase last year.

tbone51 said:

Its lame? 120k+ is lame? Really O.o

Well look at next weeks numbers and see if its still lame :P

It's gonna need something like 400k+ a week from now until the end of the year to match 2012; and more than that if it wants to beat it.  That's quite an uphill battle for Puzzles & Dragons to do alone.

Wow, that Wii U increase! I can't believe Dragon Quest pushed that much har- *looks at the Famitsu chart* Ahh, that's what really happened.

3DS could be better, but that Pokemon increase is promising.

Silly me for asking if it was possible for GT6 to open below 3D World's first week. But still, that is a low number for GT6, even if it is the second GT being released on the PS3. Maybe it won't drop off that much next week (compared to GT5).

Hmmm... 13 out of the top 20 games are for handhelds. Them train rides...

Pavolink said:
IsawYoshi said:

I know, I'm full of 'em.

There's a perfectly good reason for having that sig, and you just uncovered it. Bravo I say.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Somini said:
Zero999 said:

Gran bomba 6, vita tv scratching the botton, nintendo pacman, DQX expansion sold out, mario up. really interesting week.

Gran bomba? You know it's selling better than Mario 3D, right?

It sold about twice as well, but the install base for the PS3 is about 8x bigger than the Wii U.  Obviously, that doesn't mean that it should sell 8x more, but the expectations should definitely be higher.  It also opened at about half of what GT5 did. 

ps3 had at a point like 10x the install base of psvita yet several multiplat games sold better on the psvita. Gran Turismo is by no means a fucking "bomba". Sumini is simply pointing out the blatant bias in some people's comments.

pezus said:
Incubi said:

"The sales you see right now is the lowest you will see from WiiU in Japan for the rest of 2013:)

I predict the following WiiU sales moving forward:

Week ending dec 8: 40 000

Week ending dec 15: 65 000

Week ending dec 22: 90 000

Week ending dec 29: 150 000

And that is a worst case scenarioXD

Quoting myself from the last media create thread

I predicted 40 000+ sales for the week ending dec 8. Media Create posted 48 000 WiiU sales. Pezus said my numbers where crazy. I guess so far so good:)

Your last weeks were crazy. Not the first week, with DQ and after a week where it sold close to 30k.

We'll see how crazy they are when the time comes:P

Such a pleasant sight:

:D

Looks like 3DS will end up below 2012 in Japan, there's no way it can match the 2012 numbers now with only a few weeks remaining. And here I thought Pokemon would have been enough to beat last year, guess not. Wii U though, numbers are decent now. Vita TV.....more like Mortem TV.

Incubi said:

"The sales you see right now is the lowest you will see from WiiU in Japan for the rest of 2013:)

I predict the following WiiU sales moving forward:

Week ending dec 8: 40 000

Week ending dec 15: 65 000

Week ending dec 22: 90 000

Week ending dec 29: 150 000

And that is a worst case scenarioXD

Quoting myself from the last media create thread

I predicted 40 000+ sales for the week ending dec 8. Media Create posted 48 000 WiiU sales. Pezus said my numbers where crazy. I guess so far so good:)

*pic*

Week ending in dec 22, is very likely to be bigger than the week ending in dec 29. And, your numbers are way too high.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Its lame? 120k+ is lame? Really O.o

Well look at next weeks numbers and see if its still lame :P

It's gonna need something like 400k+ a week from now until the end of the year to match 2012; and more than that if it wants to beat it.  That's quite an uphill battle for Puzzles & Dragons to do alone.

Do not forget about Zelda, Japanese people are ignoring it, but you must not do the same!

Interesting.

Also, I can't wait for people who haven't been following COMG to see next week's MC/Famitsu chart. It's gonna be fun.