By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Critics Pick Top 10 Shows of 2013

Hmm most people despised season 2. It completeley failed pacing-wise. I'll explain why but I need to know how to add spoiler tags first. 

When you say most you've talked to the 10+million people who've watched it?

And to add spoilers go to the top where you can edit your post.  Click where it says styles and switch to spoiler.

Around the Network

Dat Breaking Bad domination.

Seems like mostly old shows.

Is there a thing for new shows of 2013?

JayWood2010 said:

Hmm most people despised season 2. It completeley failed pacing-wise. I'll explain why but I need to know how to add spoiler tags first. 

When you say most you've talked to the 10+million people who've watched it?

And to add spoilers go to the top where you can edit your post.  Click where it says styles and switch to spoiler.

I don't need to talk to ten million people to get a general consensus over a show's quality. Go to the IMDB forums, read the reviews, it's pretty easy to tell which season are like and which are hated.

Now the biggest problem with the second season was the pacing. They spent like 7 episodes looking for Sophia, when it was clear by episode two that she was dead. They basically spent the first half the season walking around a forest. Even less happened in the second half. Characters just sat around the house and complained, the only way they knew to create drama was to make the characters act completely retarded.

Why was Lori mad at Rick for killing Shane even though she flatout told him to kill Shane? Why is Carl always running around like an idiot and never staying put? Why was Dale waking around, alone at night? Why did Glenn tell Maggie he was scared of loving her? What does that even mean? He's like one of only 7 people in the world having sex and he's complaining about it? Why did Rick bring some random guy who tried to kill him back to camp, only to decide to kill him later? I could go on but there's no point. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

Now the biggest problem with the second season was the pacing. They spent like 7 episodes looking for Sophia, when it was clear by episode two that she was dead. They basically spent the first half the season walking around a forest. Even less happened in the second half. Characters just sat around the house and complained, the only way they knew to create drama was to make the characters act completely retarded.

Why was Lori mad at Rick for killing Shane even though she flatout told him to kill Shane? Why is Carl always running around like an idiot and never staying put? Why was Dale waking around, alone at night? Why did Glenn tell Maggie he was scared of loving her? What does that even mean? He's like one of only 7 people in the world having sex and he's complaining about it? Why did Rick bring some random guy who tried to kill him back to camp, only to decide to kill him later? I could go on but there's no point. 

Hey you got the spoiler to work now xD
l

Heyol The writing was horrednously bad in season 2 at times.  I swear Carl was like kid houdini or something and Andria -_-  When she shot Daryl ugh >.<  But yeah it was slow paced and oh seasons has had that bad decision element to them.  That is why people hate characters like Andria.  I think the Shane and Rick element to season 2 was why many people liked it. When i say many im not saying majority as I nor you can speak for the majority as we do not know for 100% but I've talked to people who has and who hasn't liked it.  Depends on who you are.

Around the Network

Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Mad Men are the ones i've been keeping up with. The first two had amazing seasons with BB ending the series on a high note. It really was one of the best shows ever.

I felt that Mad Men first half of the season was bit weak but it got somewhat interesting again. I think next season is the last, so am looking forward to that.

I also used to watch Park & Req but haven't been keeping up with it. As for Homeland, season 3 is a huge improvement but the plot is kind of really out there after that brilliant first season.

Well obviously Breaking Bad is awesome, unlike overrated garbage like Game of Thrones.

TheFallen said:
Well obviously Breaking Bad is awesome, unlike overrated garbage like Game of Thrones.

You sure you have not been smoking Mr. White's blue. Everyone has such strong opinions. Either it is best meth ever or it is garbage.

green_sky said:
TheFallen said:

You sure you have not been smoking Mr. White's blue. Everyone has such strong opinions. Either it is best meth ever or it is garbage.

Well maybe garbage is too far. But is certainly is EXTREMELY overrated . Terribly slow plot development , very little BATTLE scenes (just references ) , and the killing off of any interesting main character one by one.

TheFallen said:
green_sky said:
TheFallen said:

Well maybe garbage is too far. But is certainly is EXTREMELY overrated . Terribly slow plot development , very little BATTLE scenes (just references ) , and the killing off of any interesting main character one by one.

No, not certainly. Everything you just said is subjective. There's no objective way to prove which plot development speed is ideal. Nothing's necessarily bad about litte battle scenes; it's just against your preference. Also, "killing off any interesting character" is also an opinion.