By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Super Smash Bros U releasing next Spring 2014

Super Smash Bros U for next spring...

Zelda U for holiday! 41 42.27%

Zelda U confirmed! 10 10.31%

Zelda U at January Direct! 23 23.71%

I love Zelda U! 14 14.43%

Zelda U rocks! 8 8.25%

Total:96
Dv8thwonder said:
oniyide said:
superchunk said:
oniyide said:
superchunk said:
Honestly, this game and Mario Kart before March 31 is the only way Wii U has a chance of meeting its 9m fiscal year goals.

i think we can throw that 9m by end of fiscal year right in the trash. I seriously doubt Smash will be out before april or they would have said something, hell they would have shown that at VGX instead of DKC, so the fact they havent means its not ready...or it is and they are stupid.  Even if they did I imagine the 3ds version will eat into some sales granted they release the same date.

OR DKC is the next big game out (feb) and they're waiting for a January ND to blow the lid off a mid/late March SSB release.

However, yes I agree that the 9m will be greatly reduced.

Dont buy it. Why wouldnt they show SSB at VGX where that would have been a PERFECT game for that audience. DKC comes in Feb? so what we've seen enough of that game that it didnt even need to be at VGX we know what it is, we know how it plays. Hell we barely seen Smash for either system in comparison, unless you considered 2 gameplay trailers and slow reveals to be adequate coverage. ANd smash is bigger than DK by a long shot.

Do you honestly think Nintendo would waste such a great game on that crap of a show. The DKCTF stunt was deliberate. And it worked to Nintendo's advantage. Super Smash Bros 4 and MK8 will be shown at Nintendo Directs only!

So they knew it would be crap going in? or they decided on the fly and pulled Smash(or whatever) and went with DK instead? Believe what you want. They need to show Smash and MK at more than directs people who watch those are very well aware of those games, its everyone else that needs to know.

Around the Network

For all those people hoping for Zelda to be released in the holidays. Remeber that Wind Waker was rushed and had a good chunk of content removed.

oniyide said:

Dont buy it. Why wouldnt they show SSB at VGX where that would have been a PERFECT game for that audience. DKC comes in Feb? so what we've seen enough of that game that it didnt even need to be at VGX we know what it is, we know how it plays. Hell we barely seen Smash for either system in comparison, unless you considered 2 gameplay trailers and slow reveals to be adequate coverage. ANd smash is bigger than DK by a long shot.

Because Nintendo importance was higher for a "big" game release date announcement than for a game that doesnt' have more than a likely general target.

Smash is a huge title. It will sell like crazy. It will create a lot of buzz all on its own.

Right now, in early december, they are focused on current games and deals and bundles. They want those to sell and not have people just waiting for a hopefuly smash deal/bundle. Therefore they show a final detail on the next "big" game to launch plus its now certain release date.

In January, once xmas hype is done, that's when you show the final Smash details in its own exclusive ND. That's when you drive Q1 sales in prep for a massive game to launch, hopefully, before March 31.

AgentZorn said:
For all those people hoping for Zelda to be released in the holidays. Remeber that Wind Waker was rushed and had a good chunk of content removed.

this. it seems some gamers care more about a system selling than the games actually being all they can be, unless you own stock i cant imagine why

superchunk said:
oniyide said:

Because Nintendo importance was higher for a "big" game release date announcement than for a game that doesnt' have more than a likely general target.

Smash is a huge title. It will sell like crazy. It will create a lot of buzz all on its own.

Right now, in early december, they are focused on current games and deals and bundles. They want those to sell and not have people just waiting for a hopefuly smash deal/bundle. Therefore they show a final detail on the next "big" game to launch plus its now certain release date.

In January, once xmas hype is done, that's when you show the final Smash details in its own exclusive ND. That's when you drive Q1 sales in prep for a massive game to launch, hopefully, before March 31.

create buzz on its own? like all the other Wii U titles so far? I hope to god they dont think like this as they will be in for another rude awakening.

The last part is backwards. why not hype it DURING xmas where people are much more likely to buy a console, its silly to wait after where people are less likely to buy cause then done blown their wad. History shows that after xmas its the slowest months.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

more than 2 years isn't a short time, especially with namco helping. and the 3ds version isn't much more than a graphical downgrade with different stages.

it isnt more that two years though, as production didnt start till the beginnng of last year. But its almost two years so that is a good amount of time. especially since they are not doing a crappy story mode, ill still believe it when i see it ive already been let down by this series and dont want to get my hopes to up

it started development after kid ikarus uprising. so, yeah, more than 2 years.

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(Wii_U_and_3DS)  it started development after KI RIsing RELEASED that was March of 2012 thats not more than two years.

if it's suposed to release in may/june, it is more than 2 years. and kid ikarus uprising, like any other game, was already completed some weeks before launch. meaning sakurai was free to start smash before kid ikarus released.

http://nintendoeverything.com/next-super-smash-bros-not-planned-for-spring-after-all/

Guess it is not coming out at spring.

3DS and wii U version will be launch in the same day?

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

more than 2 years isn't a short time, especially with namco helping. and the 3ds version isn't much more than a graphical downgrade with different stages.

it isnt more that two years though, as production didnt start till the beginnng of last year. But its almost two years so that is a good amount of time. especially since they are not doing a crappy story mode, ill still believe it when i see it ive already been let down by this series and dont want to get my hopes to up

it started development after kid ikarus uprising. so, yeah, more than 2 years.

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(Wii_U_and_3DS)  it started development after KI RIsing RELEASED that was March of 2012 thats not more than two years.

if it's suposed to release in may/june, it is more than 2 years. and kid ikarus uprising, like any other game, was already completed some weeks before launch. meaning sakurai was free to start smash before kid ikarus released.

We're flying under the assumption that it will release before that(not that i think it will) so it wont be a full 2 years or more. And read the link it specifically says AFTER the game released, which was mid March. Unless you work at Ninty and you are a developer. THe wiki is more reliable

AgentZorn said:
http://nintendoeverything.com/next-super-smash-bros-not-planned-for-spring-after-all/

Guess it is not coming out at spring.

anybody who thought this was thinking with their heart...or better yet not thinking