By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Super Smash Bros U releasing next Spring 2014

Super Smash Bros U for next spring...

Zelda U for holiday! 41 42.27%

Zelda U confirmed! 10 10.31%

Zelda U at January Direct! 23 23.71%

I love Zelda U! 14 14.43%

Zelda U rocks! 8 8.25%

Total:96
oniyide said:
AgentZorn said:
http://nintendoeverything.com/next-super-smash-bros-not-planned-for-spring-after-all/

Guess it is not coming out at spring.

anybody who thought this was thinking with their heart...or better yet not thinking

Or even better, thinking with a little business sense.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

i think its gonna be shown at january nintendo direct

im talking about zelda u

Pavolink said:
oniyide said:
AgentZorn said:
http://nintendoeverything.com/next-super-smash-bros-not-planned-for-spring-after-all/

Guess it is not coming out at spring.

anybody who thought this was thinking with their heart...or better yet not thinking

Or even better, thinking with a little business sense.

because its good buisness to release a game that is NOT ready?

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

more than 2 years isn't a short time, especially with namco helping. and the 3ds version isn't much more than a graphical downgrade with different stages.

it isnt more that two years though, as production didnt start till the beginnng of last year. But its almost two years so that is a good amount of time. especially since they are not doing a crappy story mode, ill still believe it when i see it ive already been let down by this series and dont want to get my hopes to up

it started development after kid ikarus uprising. so, yeah, more than 2 years.

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(Wii_U_and_3DS)  it started development after KI RIsing RELEASED that was March of 2012 thats not more than two years.

if it's suposed to release in may/june, it is more than 2 years. and kid ikarus uprising, like any other game, was already completed some weeks before launch. meaning sakurai was free to start smash before kid ikarus released.

the source specifically says he started AFTER release. its not that hard to grasp. yes he could have done it before but he clearly didnt

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

more than 2 years isn't a short time, especially with namco helping. and the 3ds version isn't much more than a graphical downgrade with different stages.

it isnt more that two years though, as production didnt start till the beginnng of last year. But its almost two years so that is a good amount of time. especially since they are not doing a crappy story mode, ill still believe it when i see it ive already been let down by this series and dont want to get my hopes to up

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(Wii_U_and_3DS)  it started development after KI RIsing RELEASED that was March of 2012 thats not more than two years.

if it's suposed to release in may/june, it is more than 2 years. and kid ikarus uprising, like any other game, was already completed some weeks before launch. meaning sakurai was free to start smash before kid ikarus released.

the source specifically says he started AFTER release. its not that hard to grasp. yes he could have done it before but he clearly didnt

He seems to think the day after Kid Icarus completed was the day Sakurai began Smash Bros when its likely that he was working some crazy hours in order to get the game complete and probably took a bit of time off before jumping into development.

Either way a Spring release would give the game about 2 years of development time.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:

How do you know it's not ready?

Namco has been developing for almost 2 years or more. If it's not ready, then it's because Nintendo is incompetent.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
oniyide said:

How do you know it's not ready?

Namco has been developing for almost 2 years or more. If it's not ready, then it's because Nintendo is incompetent.

if it was ready they would put it out, no reason not too especially with Wii U sales. If its not then Ninty is incompetent and thats something we will have to accept...BUT to be fare they are making two different versions of it.

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

He seems to think the day after Kid Icarus completed was the day Sakurai began Smash Bros when its likely that he was working some crazy hours in order to get the game complete and probably took a bit of time off before jumping into development.

Either way a Spring release would give the game about 2 years of development time.

He thinks alot of things...half of them wrong. I kid. But yeah that is what most likely happened