By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Super Smash Bros U releasing next Spring 2014

Super Smash Bros U for next spring...

Zelda U for holiday! 41 42.27%

Zelda U confirmed! 10 10.31%

Zelda U at January Direct! 23 23.71%

I love Zelda U! 14 14.43%

Zelda U rocks! 8 8.25%

Total:96

My guesses if this is legit. 

Jan - Wii Fit U (retail)
Feb - Donkey Kong Country: TF
March - nada
April - Mario Kart 8
May - Wii Sports Club (retail)
June - Super Smash Bros. U
July - Bayonetta 2
August - Yarn Yoshi
September - Xenoblade 2
October - Pokken Fighters (?)
November - New EAD IP
December - Fire Emblem x SMT

Super Smash 3DS is for December spacing the two out a bit.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Jan - Wii Fit U (retail)
March - nada
April - Mario Kart 8
July - Bayonetta 2
August - Yarn Yoshi
September - Xenoblade 2
November - New EAD IP

They should indeed space them out. I've come to the theory that part of what's cannibalizing the Wii U is the 3DS, since the 3DS games are now "console enough" and the Wii U versions, while superior on the whole, are not different enough, sort of the reverse of what's going on with the tepid reception for Sony first party games on Vita compared to PS3/4 (though Vita's situation is exacerbated because Sony's usually putting inferior developers there, too). They're going to want to put the Wii U version of For out front and center and let the 3DS version bring up the rear, months later.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Soundwave said:

Jan - Wii Fit U (retail)
March - nada
April - Mario Kart 8
July - Bayonetta 2
August - Yarn Yoshi
September - Xenoblade 2
November - New EAD IP

July and August are dry months.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

oniyide said:
i doubt it. They barely shown any actual gameplay, we dont even know most of the roster. And we havent seen anything from the 3ds versio. Im supposed to believe that they are going to get TWO games out in such a short time? I dont buy it. And IMHO i dont want it to come out this soon, I dont want them rushing anything. This game needs to not be a let down like the last Smash was.

more than 2 years isn't a short time, especially with namco helping. and the 3ds version isn't much more than a graphical downgrade with different stages.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
oniyide said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
oniyide said:
i doubt it. They barely shown any actual gameplay, we dont even know most of the roster. And we havent seen anything from the 3ds versio. Im supposed to believe that they are going to get TWO games out in such a short time? I dont buy it. And IMHO i dont want it to come out this soon, I dont want them rushing anything. This game needs to not be a let down like the last Smash was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlz-WOglHgo

3DS version shown at E3.

ive seen that trailer 3 times and this is the first time i noticed the first gameplay was on 3ds screen. Please dont suck Ninty, take your time. This series has a history of delays though.

Irrelavent if you ask me, its not being made by the same developer as the previous games, Nintendo, its being made by Namco.

it's being made WITH namco, not BY namco, probably to finish the game faster.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Irrelavent if you ask me, its not being made by the same developer as the previous games, Nintendo, its being made by Namco.

it's being made WITH namco, not BY namco, probably to finish the game faster.

And that's what we know. It could well have other studios involved.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Honestly, this game and Mario Kart before March 31 is the only way Wii U has a chance of meeting its 9m fiscal year goals.

oniyide said:

It doesnt sound like you have any concrete evidence to say it was rushed. For all we know they could have been working on the game since they started working on the GC as a concept. It didnt look or feel rushed because it probably wasnt rushed.  We've been gaming long enough to tell if a game was rushed or not. But we might have to agree to disagree on this point.

Not disagreeing with that, i just dont think thats really a good thing, especially since many consider the GC to have the weakest library of Ninty 1st party titles on a home console (not me)

smash brothers was a new franchise released in 1999. certainly, they waited a few months to measure it's sucess and flash the blue light for a sequel. that means melee took less than two years to develop.

Mr Khan said:
Soundwave said:

Jan - Wii Fit U (retail)
March - nada
April - Mario Kart 8
July - Bayonetta 2
August - Yarn Yoshi
September - Xenoblade 2
November - New EAD IP

They should indeed space them out. I've come to the theory that part of what's cannibalizing the Wii U is the 3DS, since the 3DS games are now "console enough" and the Wii U versions, while superior on the whole, are not different enough, sort of the reverse of what's going on with the tepid reception for Sony first party games on Vita compared to PS3/4 (though Vita's situation is exacerbated because Sony's usually putting inferior developers there, too). They're going to want to put the Wii U version of For out front and center and let the 3DS version bring up the rear, months later.

no. what WIi U versions of 3ds games are you even talking about? serious question. weve seen Lego city stories which isnt evne the exact same game. I could see how that cannabilzed. And we've seen Sonic LW which again isnt exactly the same game. There arent enough WiiU/3ds multiplats to make such a comparison. No they are not going to want to put anything front and center. If the 3ds version will be ready by the time the WIi U version is out, then it better be on that shelf. I dont see how holding the 3ds version back benefits gamers.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

more than 2 years isn't a short time, especially with namco helping. and the 3ds version isn't much more than a graphical downgrade with different stages.

it isnt more that two years though, as production didnt start till the beginnng of last year. But its almost two years so that is a good amount of time. especially since they are not doing a crappy story mode, ill still believe it when i see it ive already been let down by this series and dont want to get my hopes to up