By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever experienced something unexplainable?

Have you ever experienced something unexplainable?

Yes- I have seen a ghost 26 15.12%

Yes- I have seen a UFO 9 5.23%

Yes- I have seen ball lig... 8 4.65%

Yes- Multiple strange thi... 32 18.60%

Yes- Not a ghost or UFO but something else 17 9.88%

No- But I know of a famil... 10 5.81%

No- People who claim to have are crazy 28 16.28%

No- But I'd love to 40 23.26%

Total:170
PowerOverAuthority said:
Dr.Grass said:
Yup.

Out of body experiences/Astral travelling: About 25 times over a span of 4 years. Whilst practicing celibacy. Always during the early morning hours - before the sun rises.

Saw strange beings 3 times during these adventures.

Went outside the earth globe and space looked way different to what science explained.

This is what I experienced. I'm a science man and I usually call BS most of the time when people start talking about things like this, but I was sober as sober can be, celibate and very clear headed when all this happened.

So let me get this straight.

1) Nothing you saw had any basis in reality (space looked different, saw strange beings, etc)

2) Why is celibacy relevant?

3) Man of science, yet takes personal experience as evidence despite having no verification outside of self.

Yep, it's clear you'll never be a scientist in any sense of the word.

Astral Projection is hilariously conceptualized. If these out of body experiences were real, then the countless experiments (ONGOING ad infinitum) would turn up ONE single example of verification.

I'll cite just one example. 

http://www.horizonresearch.org/main_page.php?cat_id=38

"...they will also be testing the validity of out of body experiences and claims of being able to see and hear during cardiac arrest through the use of randomly generated hidden images that are not visible unless viewed from specific vantage points above."

So far, exactly as one might expect - jack shit. 

Time to begin skepticism with self...

I have two degrees in physics and lived in a monastary where I studied eastern mysticism for almost 3 years.

Take you first post ever and shove it up your ass.

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
YouKnow said:
JakDaSnack said:
ExistentialNihilist said:
NNN2004 said:
I'm sure most have had some experience like this.

The problem is when people circumvent their mental faculties in order to justify their insane belief systems. Most of these experiences happen when you're tired, so you're already in a compromised state - couple that with darkness, drugs, booze, etc and it's almost trivial to infer why they happen.

They are fun hallucinations and nothing more. Anyone arguing to the contrary has a long road of establishing it.

Some people caught paranormal activities in cameras so is the cameras have hallucinations too ?! 

Oh my god there is a spec of dust on the lens of the camera, it's an orb a ghost! You are either joking or extremely gullible.

Why would he be joking or extremely gullible?

Really? That's a serious question?

Do some skeptical analysis, instead of simply gathering any fragment of hope you can possibly muster. Lol

I find it interesting that you are avoiding the question.

is the poltergeist activity is a dust in the camera too ? i know now you will tell me they move the objects with wires like all the skeptical analysis in the internet claim when they dont understat something they pull some facts from their .... , i told you come and see yourself its happen always inside the cemetery am not the only one who witness this strange activities in some cemeteries its all over the world or is the cemeteries is a place to get hallucinations from a skeptical view ?!

Dr.Grass said:
PowerOverAuthority said:
Dr.Grass said:
Yup.

Out of body experiences/Astral travelling: About 25 times over a span of 4 years. Whilst practicing celibacy. Always during the early morning hours - before the sun rises.

Saw strange beings 3 times during these adventures.

Went outside the earth globe and space looked way different to what science explained.

This is what I experienced. I'm a science man and I usually call BS most of the time when people start talking about things like this, but I was sober as sober can be, celibate and very clear headed when all this happened.

So let me get this straight.

1) Nothing you saw had any basis in reality (space looked different, saw strange beings, etc)

2) Why is celibacy relevant?

3) Man of science, yet takes personal experience as evidence despite having no verification outside of self.

Yep, it's clear you'll never be a scientist in any sense of the word.

Astral Projection is hilariously conceptualized. If these out of body experiences were real, then the countless experiments (ONGOING ad infinitum) would turn up ONE single example of verification.

I'll cite just one example. 

http://www.horizonresearch.org/main_page.php?cat_id=38

"...they will also be testing the validity of out of body experiences and claims of being able to see and hear during cardiac arrest through the use of randomly generated hidden images that are not visible unless viewed from specific vantage points above."

So far, exactly as one might expect - jack shit. 

Time to begin skepticism with self...

I have two degrees in physics and lived in a monastary where I studied eastern mysticism for almost 3 years.

And still as dimwitted as ever at basic reasoning. I'd demand a refund for your degrees if this is how you were taught to think scientifically. LOL

Dr.Grass said:

Unfortunately it's not his first (nor will it be his last I'm afraid) post. Just an Alt ID of an Alt ID (The user YouKnow) of DSGrue3, a user who can't take a hint that he's not wanted on this site anymore (but hey, bonus points for persistence? ).

While I'm here I might as well contribute. ^_^

So we all know about the game "Bloody Mary" correct? Where you (whether alone or with friends) go into a room with a large mirror (usually a bathroom), turn off all the lights, spin around 3 times while chanting "Bloody Marry" and then see what happens. Well my friend, my sister, and myself did this when I was around 11/12 years old. We all went into the bathroom, turned off the lights, spun around 3 times while chanting "Bloody Mary" and then peered into the mirror. What I saw I'll never forget: my sister's face (who was 12/13 at that time) was old and wrinkled, with grey spindly hair. I screamed and ran out of the bathroom.

I really can't explain what I saw, but I'll never forget. @_@

Smeags said:
Dr.Grass said:

Unfortunately it's not his first (nor will it be his last I'm afraid) post. Just an Alt ID of an Alt ID (The user YouKnow) of DSGrue3, a user who can't take a hint that he's not wanted on this site anymore (but hey, bonus points for persistence? ).

While I'm here I might as well contribute. ^_^

So we all know about the game "Bloody Mary" correct? Where you (whether alone or with friends) go into a room with a large mirror (usually a bathroom), turn off all the lights, spin around 3 times while chanting "Bloody Marry" and then see what happens. Well my friend, my sister, and myself did this when I was around 11/12 years old. We all went into the bathroom, turned off the lights, spun around 3 times while chanting "Bloody Mary" and then peered into the mirror. What I saw I'll never forget: my sister's face (who was 12/13 at that time) was old and wrinkled, with grey spindly hair. I screamed and ran out of the bathroom.

I really can't explain what I saw, but I'll never forget. @_@

You can't explain it because of one of two reasons.

1) You haven't even bothered to look.

2) You're too stupid to understand the science

http://www.cracked.com/article_19506_6-scary-tricks-that-amazed-us-as-kids-explained-by-science.html

All I can do is facepalm at the laziness of people.

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
JakDaSnack said:
YouKnow said:
JakDaSnack said:
NNN2004 said:

The problem is when people circumvent their mental faculties in order to justify their insane belief systems. Most of these experiences happen when you're tired, so you're already in a compromised state - couple that with darkness, drugs, booze, etc and it's almost trivial to infer why they happen.

They are fun hallucinations and nothing more. Anyone arguing to the contrary has a long road of establishing it.

Some people caught paranormal activities in cameras so is the cameras have hallucinations too ?! 

Oh my god there is a spec of dust on the lens of the camera, it's an orb a ghost! You are either joking or extremely gullible.

Do some skeptical analysis, instead of simply gathering any fragment of hope you can possibly muster. Lol

is the poltergeist activity is a dust in the camera too ? i know now you will tell me they move the objects with wires like all the skeptical analysis in the internet claim when they dont understat something they pull some facts from their .... , i told you come and see yourself its happen always inside the cemetery am not the only one who witness this strange activities in some cemeteries its all over the world or is the cemeteries is a place to get hallucinations from a skeptical view ?!

Poltergeist fables are exactly that - anecdotal.

There is no objective evidence for them.

LaughingAtStupidity said:

You can't explain it because of one of two reasons.

1) You haven't even bothered to look.

2) You're too stupid to understand the science

http://www.cracked.com/article_19506_6-scary-tricks-that-amazed-us-as-kids-explained-by-science.html

All I can do is facepalm at the laziness of people.

What is this now... your 10th, 11th alt?

Keep it up. Gotta get my quota in.

(Thanks for the link though. Very interesting stuff!)

NNN2004 said:
JakDaSnack said:
YouKnow said:
JakDaSnack said:
NNN2004 said:

I'm curious, what would objective evidence be in this case?

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:
NNN2004 said:
JakDaSnack said:
YouKnow said:
JakDaSnack said:
NNN2004 said:

I'm curious, what would objective evidence be in this case?

Objectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to reality and truth, which has been variously defined by sources. Generally, objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. A proposition is generally considered objectively true (to have objective truth) when its truth conditions are met and are "mind-independent"—that is, existing freely or independently from a mind (from the thoughts, feelings, ideas, etc. of a sentient subject).

Examples would be numerous from videography to measurement devices. If *something* is doing this, the it is affecting this natural world in *some* way. This effect would be measureable. 

I have seen both a ghost and UFO

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3