By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever experienced something unexplainable?

Have you ever experienced something unexplainable?

Yes- I have seen a ghost 26 15.12%

Yes- I have seen a UFO 9 5.23%

Yes- I have seen ball lig... 8 4.65%

Yes- Multiple strange thi... 32 18.60%

Yes- Not a ghost or UFO but something else 17 9.88%

No- But I know of a famil... 10 5.81%

No- People who claim to have are crazy 28 16.28%

No- But I'd love to 40 23.26%

Total:170
kirby007 said:
nothing aside from the fact that i quite often dejavu stuff

Same.

As well as ridiculously lucky guesses, the odds of which getting right really don't add up.

Around the Network

About two years ago, over a period of a few weeks, there was an occurrence that I've never figured out.

First of all, I live in a rural area. Across the road from me is a big field, behind that is a strip of forest, and behind that is a river. I have woods on one side and at the back of my house with a neighbor on the other side.

I was watching television late at night when this sound went off. When I say "sound", I'm not talking about something ordinary, I'm talking about VERY LOUD. It was like a TTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTMMMMMMMM, almost like burst fire from some kind of powerful machine gun except much louder. I could feel the vibrations. Scared the hell out of me.

When I looked out the window, I saw bright lights in the sky, like really bright, in the direction of the river. The super loud noise should reoccur at random intervals, sometimes with a very long pause of several minutes. It was so loud I kept expecting police cars to show up. I came very close to calling the sheriff myself.

There was nothing in the paper the next day. My neighbor heard nothing, though she's old, lives in a brick house, and the sound, though powerful, was very low-pitched, so it's possible it might not have woken someone sleeping.

I would hear the sound and see the lights again several times over the next month, always late at night. Nothing since.

I have a feeling that it's something like you would see on Scooby Doo. Someone is doing illegal mining over there or they've found a buried Indian graveyard but as soon as I investigate, a "ghost" will appear. Fuck that.

I had a strange occurence to me but I can explain it.

It happened on an Argentinian route at night. My mother was driving the car and we where watching through the windows to the boring landscape. It was really late, almost midnight and me and my brother where falling asleep...

But we couldnt... Our car started to go slower because we where approaching a toll gate in a few KM. And that's where our hearts froze... We where paralized with fear as we observed a tall figure in the middle of the route. My mother slowed down the car because we where on a collision course with that thing. The tall figure was there... walking in the middle of the route... It was TALL, really tall... 2 meters long probably and it was full of hair or so it seemed.

My mother rushed and went past him before it could do anything but we could see something of him when we turned our heads to see him... We saw his eyes... glittering in the middle of the night... It was definitely human...

We reached the toll and asked the girl there what we saw. And she knew what we where talking about. It seems that around the area lives a family with a "Lobizonte". It is supossed to be a myth that says that if the 7th child of a family is the first male it will be a "Lobizonte". It's a strange new born though, with extraordinary amounts of hair and are generally very tall.

Some years later we went through the same route but we never found him again.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

I had a strange occurence to me but I can explain it.

It happened on an Argentinian route at night. My mother was driving the car and we where watching through the windows to the boring landscape. It was really late, almost midnight and me and my brother where falling asleep...

But we couldnt... Our car started to go slower because we where approaching a toll gate in a few KM. And that's where our hearts froze... We where paralized with fear as we observed a tall figure in the middle of the route. My mother slowed down the car because we where on a collision course with that thing. The tall figure was there... walking in the middle of the route... It was TALL, really tall... 2 meters long probably and it was full of hair or so it seemed.

My mother rushed and went past him before it could do anything but we could see something of him when we turned our heads to see him... We saw his eyes... glittering in the middle of the night... It was definitely human...

We reached the toll and asked the girl there what we saw. And she knew what we where talking about. It seems that around the area lives a family with a "Lobizonte". It is supossed to be a myth that says that if the 7th child of a family is the first male it will be a "Lobizonte". It's a strange new born though, with extraordinary amounts of hair and are generally very tall.

Some years later we went through the same route but we never found him again.

That must have been horrifying.

Lyricant said:

That must have been horrifying.

It was! I was like 15 years old when that happened but I still remember the details. Your experience was pretty hardcore too.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

My dad was once at a hotel where in the night his alarm clock woke him up beeping what seemed to be Morse Code. After telling somebody at the hotel afterwards, he was told there is a spirit they call the Admiral who sometimes does things like that. I have no reason to believe that he was lying- apparently he sounded terrified about it when he phoned home immediately after the event

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

LiquorandGunFun said:
Stayed at a friends house one night and was by myself in the living room watching tv, everyone went to bed, i was flipping channels and then I saw a shadow figure of a person walk by and in front of the tv which dimmed the light as it passed and went into the wall.. I said fuck this, grabbed my things and walked home at 3 am. I was a teenager then so I didnt have a car yet.

After talking with him later he mentioned that when they got the house there was rooms with small entrances that were painted black and had a bunch of weird symbols and pentagrams on the floor and walls. I wish i knew that before hand. I would not have stayed the night.

Ive been fascinated with the paranormal since.

3 am is the witching hour.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Lyricant said:

--

Do you know if your house has any unusual history to it? Your story is incredible

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I was giving birth to marcus fenix

There's some pretty cool stories in here! Keep 'em coming :D I shouldn't read these kind of things this late, but I just can't help myself ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.