By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: PS4 half a million ahead of Xbox One in the US during November

ill put it in full 1080p

with thanks to dr. House

you can deny it all you want, but what pachter says is as much gospel as what sony and microsoft say

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Somini said:

NPD can't get here soon enough.

This guy might know something we don't though, as i didn't belive for a moment that Sony sold such a miserable amount of PS4's during Black Friday weekend.

You basically get that number (165K) by extrapolating from the information SOny itself gave out: >1 million first week in USA; 2.1 million global sales as of 1 December; 700K outside of Nth&Sth America on BF week, means only ~200K consoles sold in Nth and Latin America on BF week. I thought 165K was a bit high myself.

Pachter's number for PS4 is about the same as VGC, it's the Xb one number that is a lot lower than VGC.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Like Ethomaz have said, if Australia+UK is 215k, and we have here at vgchartz around 800k for NA...., it means that only 171k Xbox One were sold in Austria, Brazil, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand and Spain. Considering the number of Australian sales... I don't believe only 171k units were sold in those countries at all. More like around 300k (around 500k worlwide except USA+Canada), leaving NA with something around 650k 1st week. From this 650k, it seems around 550-600k were sold in USA.

I've said NA 1st week Xbox One sales were around 600k, and it seems i'm going to be right.

If we take from the 2'1 million ps4 sold from Sony at the end of November, being 1'4 million in NA I bet 1'2-1'3 million are sold in USA. So, after week launch, PS4 seems to have sold around 300k in USA, and around 200k in BF week. Even if Xbox one sold more than PS4 on BF, like 300k or 400k, that will sum around 850-950k in USA, leaving an advantage of around 400-500k units for PS4 there.

So probably Pachter is right.

Panicnausia said:
Digi30 said:
So 1 week sales vs 2 week sales is not that good of an indicator. The PS4 should be leading with a 1 week head start. Question is come spring who will sell more? Sony has no major multiplayer titles launching anytime soon so MS should see a spike around March(Titanfall) when those tax returns start rolling in. Yes I know they have DriveClub and Infamous, but even with what 60mill consoles on the market Infamous averages like 2.5 mill in sales and nobody knows if DriveClub will be good.

Except if you allign the launches Ps4 is still leading. in MS strongest territory... titanfall is not going to have much of an effect like 100 cheaper will. Ps4 has a tonne of multiplats and exclusives for 2014.

No one knows how good ttianfall will be either. new IP mp onliy is going to limit it's appeal and it's on 360 and PC.

I honestly don't think the game will sell that well on 360. Its not even being made by respawn and we have yet to see any footage for current gen.

tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
HokageTenshi said:
So their sales is on par since PS4 had a week advantage...

No it doesn't work that way.....

Then what was all that aligned launch PS3 vs Xbox 360 talk?

HUh?? The ps3 sold faster despite launching later. The PS4 launched earlier but is still selling faster...not sure why i need to explain that. Allign both launches PS4 would still be ahead. Most of the sales for both are launch week.

Around the Network

The adjustments started.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5880590

Now VGC shows 936k for US instead 1.05m... PS4 1.25m like Pachter.

Xbone week:

Week 1: 640k
Week 2: 295k

The first week number is getting inline with my maths... I think the BF is a little high yet.

ethomaz said:

The adjustments started.

Xbone week:

The first week number is getting inline with my maths... I think the BF is a little high yet.

I won't be surprised if Xbox One is still 200k overtracked (550 first week, 200k BF)....leaving the number that Pachter is saying.

colafitte said:
ethomaz said:

The adjustments started.

Xbone week:

I won't be surprised if Xbox One is still 200k overtracked (550 first week, 200k BF)....leaving the number that Pachter is saying.

Xbone One Got adjusted down from 1.6 million to 1.5 million on VG.

Pachter wrong as usual. But let's keep putting more faith in him when it suits us.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Pachter wrong as usual. But let's keep putting more faith in him when it suits us.

His numbers were more acurate than vgcharts's!!