By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: PS4 half a million ahead of Xbox One in the US during November

ethomaz said:
Landguy said:
Another day, another guesstimate!

Well you are in a sales guesstimate site...

Exactly!!

THat's what makes it all the more interesting to see Pachter throw out his info.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

IMO ps4 overtracked xbox undertracked just because etho claims otherwise

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Dark_Feanor said:

So, Xbox did much, much better in other markets... and that does not look to be the case of continental Europe.

Any way, if the Pachter number are acurated, the situation of gaming as a whole is dire in the USA.

UK + AUS = 206k alone... VGC have 330k for Europe... unless you think Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and New Zealand sold only 130k together... I think it is under in these countries.

I think a fair number is a mininum of 200k for these countries that already put Europe over 400k.

ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

So, Xbox did much, much better in other markets... and that does not look to be the case of continental Europe.

Any way, if the Pachter number are acurated, the situation of gaming as a whole is dire in the USA.

UK + AUS = 206k alone... VGC have 330k for Europe... unless you think Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain and New Zealand sold only 130k together... I think it is under in these countries.

australia isnt in europe...

generic-user-1 said:

australia isnt in europe...

I just copied the launch countries... fixed now.

And VGC tracks Australia and New Zelandia inside Europe (PAL territory).

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
IMO ps4 overtracked xbox undertracked just because etho claims otherwise

PS4 is on spot with Sony numbers... I think at least it is right.

HokageTenshi said:
So their sales is on par since PS4 had a week advantage...

Supply constraints got hit by day 3.

ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

UK + AUS = 206k alone... VGC have 330k for Europe... unless you think Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and New Zealand sold only 130k together... I think it is under in these countries.

I think a fair number is a mininum of 200k for these countries that already put Europe over 400k.

When we use Pachter guestimatives we should not look at VGChartz guestimatives.

From Pachter number we can assume:

First day USA: 500K

We, know UK and Aussie number - 200K

Microsoft said "more than a million in less than 24h", then we end up with what? 200K continental Europe and 100K LA+NZ!

200K for EU is feseable, but not 100K for LA and NZ is not.

But what really bothers me is the BF numbers for this count to close.

@pezus whatever man, if you think that im the one who looks foolish here enjoy that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

HokageTenshi said:
So their sales is on par since PS4 had a week advantage...

No it doesn't work that way.....