By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Has Barrack Obama set African American's back 20-50 years?

Yes/No?

Yes 148 33.04%

No 274 61.16%

Other ( post below) 26 5.80%

Total:448

From what I can tell (outsider perspective, I know) - Barack Obama did nothing particularly wrong; he just couldn't get anything done in the country because Republicans in Congress always completely refused to agree to anything he suggested, and refused to compromise.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

The title is racist and the contents of the OP are ignorant. Are you trolling?

He's set America back 20-50 years

Most of the world does not think he did a horrible job. He also still has three years left, so we shouldn't exactly be using the past tense.

People who are racists are usually idiots, so i suspect that it could possibly as said idiots will just think "well all black people are the same, and obama did nothing right so none of them can".

Disclaimer, I am going on the assumption that he did nothing right from what you said because I don't actually know, as I live in Australia and don't take much notice of America

Around the Network

No, I think his election just cemented further ignorance among Americans. He was mainly elected because he was black, not for his policies or anything, but vague promises of change.

If anything it just portrays Americans as even dumber than before.

But there is no way he set blacks back, definitely improved race relations. He's just a shit president in general.

legend92(3) said:
People who are racists are usually idiots, so i suspect that it could possibly as said idiots will just think "well all black people are the same, and obama did nothing right so none of them can".

Disclaimer, I am going on the assumption that he did nothing right from what you said because I don't actually know, as I live in Australia and don't take much notice of America

What the president does right or wrong is largely subjective.  Let's say that.  It depends on how you feel his actions were the time he made them.  Also, "right" decisions don't always have to yield positive results.  A "right" decision can simply be a decision that best fit a scenario where only bad things can happen.

Lol no. Republicans in Congress has kept us int he Bush era.

d2wi said:
No, I think his election just cemented further ignorance among Americans. He was mainly elected because he was black, not for his policies or anything, but vague promises of change.

If anything it just portrays Americans as even dumber than before.

But there is no way he set blacks back, definitely improved race relations. He's just a shit president in general.

The alternative was Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan: I'll take Obama any day.

In thefirst election, our vice preisdent would've been Sarah Palin: again knowing the situation we're in now  - I'd still Choose Obama Biden.

spurgeonryan said:
MDMAlliance said:
The title is racist and the contents of the OP are ignorant. Are you trolling?

I thought African American was the politically correct term?

Never said that "African American" was the racist part.  I think it's racist to assume that "African Americans" can be set back, and that how Obama seems to be portrayed will be a reflection of African Americans "progress" in society.