By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The VGX was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in years.

VGX 2013?

The VGX was stupid! 300 95.24%

The VGX was awesome! 13 4.13%

Total:313

So much awkwardness...

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Haven't watched since the first one, so there should be a poll option of, "I didn't waste my time on this." It sounds like it was terrible though, but all awards shows are terrible in my opinion.

The Oscars are still pretty good most of the time except two years when James Franco and Anne Hathaway hosted it.  Seth MacFarlan killed as a host this year unfortunately he pissed off to many people so he will probably never host it again and last year it was Billy Crystal the best Oscar host of all times.

Yeah Seth was pretty good, but he can't save the very concept of the awards show. The Oscars is nothing but politics with expensive dresses and tuxedos.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Seriously, it was so boring and stupid that I actually had to turn it off on multiple occassions when trying to watch, even when there was nothing else on.

When even your HOST looks disinterested and making fun of everything on the show, you know you have a stinker.

adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Haven't watched since the first one, so there should be a poll option of, "I didn't waste my time on this." It sounds like it was terrible though, but all awards shows are terrible in my opinion.

The Oscars are still pretty good most of the time except two years when James Franco and Anne Hathaway hosted it.  Seth MacFarlan killed as a host this year unfortunately he pissed off to many people so he will probably never host it again and last year it was Billy Crystal the best Oscar host of all times.

Yeah Seth was pretty good, but he can't save the very concept of the awards show. The Oscars is nothing but politics with expensive dresses and tuxedos.

Still the best award show going even though a lot of times the best peformances do not get nominated. 

Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:

Still the best award show going even though a lot of times the best peformances do not get nominated. 

I can agree with that.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

'Shambolic' was truly the only word I could think of to describe it. Truly painful stuff to watch.

Wow it seems that the show sucked. Glad I missed it then!

Too bad for Nintendo only announcing Cranky Kong, but I won't complain. I am really looking forward to Tropical Freeze. They can show Zelda on the next E3 .

Of all the games that where nominated, Super Mario 3D World and The Last of Us deserved the game of the year in my opinion

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

like the article said on the front page...twas a fucking atrocity

Chris Hu said:
The only award show worth watching is the Oscars and even that can be incredibly dull at times or just bad period especially two years ago when James Franco and Anne Hathaway where the co hosts.

but anne hathaway is hot.  so hot that every moment was a joy to watch.  joel on the other hand...

I like Geoff a lot, he's a good dude. But he's too much of a push-over. That VGX was absolutely terrible, and I don't believe it was Geoff's fault. Joel McHale was a terrible choice as co-host, very unprofessional. Show should go back to being a 2 hour awards show, and get rid of all the nonsense. World premieres are great, but they're not the reason the show exists. I think the VGX gives our whole industry a poor image and undermines the progress this industry has made in the last ten years.

For comparison's sake, I thought VGA 2011 was good.  Not great...but pretty good. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.