By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is no one complaining about paying for PSN?

Goatseye said:
Blood_Tears said:
Goatseye said:
Well Netflix is free also right?

It's an app that Sony puts on their consoles at no charge for it but others like to scam money and put it behind a paywall.

That's not MS's fault they're not the owner.

I have a PC, I can stream it for free. XBL is a paying service, Netflix's fault.

It costs nothing extra on Wii, nothing extra on WiiU, nothing extra on Vita, nothing extra on PS3, nothing extra on PS4, costs extra on 360 and XBone.

That's not MS fault? It is clearly MS fault.

You really think Netflix said "We are going to make it available at no extra cost on every single device in the world but MS consoles"? Netflix being behind the XBLive paywall is clearly MX fault and it was done to give the sense of "value" when signing up XBLive.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Goatseye said:

That's not MS's fault they're not the owner.

I have a PC, I can stream it for free. XBL is a paying service, Netflix's fault.

Speaking of free games, shouldn't you be off playing the "free" games that MS gave you for being a "gold member"?   you know those AAA games A world of Keflings and Iron Brigade?   Now there's 60 dollars well spent.

What's the problem with Iron Brigade?

I don't mind paying, last gen I did not pay for psn it was free lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I complained about Xbox Live with the 360. I straight out said I wouldn't pay for the service and hence, not buy an Xbox. I also never bought an xbox because it's exclusives give me little incentive to buy the console. (MY OPINION, I'm not much into shooters though I'll play them sometimes)

As time went on, I began to notice the games PSN+ where renting out. I did the math and decided to spend $50 dollars to test out how many good games I could rent. After 1 year and 2 months later, I feel like got my months worth. I spent another $50 dollars last september, and if they continue to lease out content the way they are now, I'll be happy to give them more of my money.

I've never liked the idea of having to pay to play online, but I never said I wouldn't mind paying for a rental service. I give Netflix $8.00 a month and don't complain. Why? I'm getting content that feels equivilant to the money spent or more.

Now for PS4 PSN+ vs Xbox One Live. I don't own any of these systems nor the WiiU. Non of these sytems has attracted my attention. I'll wait another year or two to decide if its worth upgrading and on to which. I don't even know if PS4 PSN+ plus is worth it. I didn't like that they are making it a requirement to play online (retail games); its made me pause and think because I don't know if the game rental service is going to change or possibly degrade. I understand they want to invest on servers, but my wallet won't open until I see value that appeals to me.

To sum it all up:  PSN+ is value that appeals to me over the competition.

I am upset that I have to pay for XBL to play online for the 360 and Xbone and I am also irate that I have to pay for PS+ to play online for PS4. With that said at least PS+ is throwing in games like Grid 2, Binary Domain, Resogun where with XBL I get fucking Kingdom of Keflings or some crap like that.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
Goatseye said:

They're selling their service in XBL.

Pretty sure Netflix being behind Gold isn't a Netflix policy.  I seem to recall some issue with getting the BBC iplayer to come to the 360 because laws didn't allow it to be behind a paywall.

It's not like they don't know the policy.

sony can do no wrong

This is the top excuse I hear:
"I don't mind paying for PSN because I get so much value out of it"
Even though just a year ago you would see a bunch of people crying about MS charging for XBL.

NobleTeam360 said:
This is the top excuse I hear:
"I don't mind paying for PSN because I get so much value out of it"
Even though just a year ago you would see a bunch of people crying about MS charging for XBL.

Come on guys, bring better arguments than this sense of "double standards".

People were bitching about XBLive because other than online gaming, what did it give you? Take a moment to answer that.

Once you are done answering please answer this:

What do you get with PS+?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Cobretti2 said:
sony can do no wrong

Seems like it, there were certainly enough people yelling and shouting about mandatory fees for Live Gold in the 7th gen.