By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

walsufnir said:
Panicnausia said:
walsufnir said:
Wake up, go to last page of thread, people moaning about comparisons from other users between forza and gt instead of talking about the bad reviews. If you don't want those comparisons, don't even mention them. Just put your thoughts about gt here and if someone wants to discuss this with you, go on. Threads won't change because you complain about how the business works here.

OT: 80 meta is really low :( But the game will still have decent sales, it's the only really high selling exclusive Sony has since psx.

So we have resorted to saying a meta average in the low 80's is bad and really low....

Do you know what context means?  Obviously I meant for GT6 it is low. It's Sony's biggest and most important exclusive, thousands of hours of work is needed to create such a game. It is one of the games with the most effort spent on. So low 80 is really disappointing, generally.

Why not igoring reviews completely? I remember how important mc was for TloU...

Show me were I said MC was ever important...that's what I thought. It is a broken system.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Turkish said:
walsufnir said:
Turkish said:
walsufnir said:
Turkish said:

I own all the games I rate...

Say what you want, I won't believe you and many others won't.

Thats your problem, not mine. But are you really gonna be upset about what I think of games? Damn dude.

I am far from upset, I just took you as a perfect example of how unimportant user-critics are on metacritic.

And real reviewers are more important because... ? In the end its just an opinion, its bad if you let your self influence by someone else's opinion on something. There are many games that get 60 on average that I like and many games that get 90 that I thought sucked ass.

I really dont get why people say a film was great or sucked just because Roger Ebert said so. My opinion on most films he reviewed was opposite.

So we should quit scores and leave it up to plain-text-reviews without a verdict?

A simple recommend or not would solve all issues, movies have been doing it for years and it works. The context of the review is more important (Gt6 being still be best game for driving enthusiasts for example), an arbitray number is moronic. What seperates an 8.3 and 8.4 game?

Panicnausia said:
walsufnir said:
Panicnausia said:
walsufnir said:
Wake up, go to last page of thread, people moaning about comparisons from other users between forza and gt instead of talking about the bad reviews. If you don't want those comparisons, don't even mention them. Just put your thoughts about gt here and if someone wants to discuss this with you, go on. Threads won't change because you complain about how the business works here.

OT: 80 meta is really low :( But the game will still have decent sales, it's the only really high selling exclusive Sony has since psx.

So we have resorted to saying a meta average in the low 80's is bad and really low....

Do you know what context means?  Obviously I meant for GT6 it is low. It's Sony's biggest and most important exclusive, thousands of hours of work is needed to create such a game. It is one of the games with the most effort spent on. So low 80 is really disappointing, generally.

Why not igoring reviews completely? I remember how important mc was for TloU...

Show me were I said MC was ever important...that's what I thought. It is a broken system.

Shwo me where I said that you said metacritic was important... it's broken to you? Ok, fine. But it's of no use to go into every mc-thread and say it's broken because people won't stop arguing about metacritic and scores.

EDGE

"Polyphony has produced a handling and physics model that is unmatched by any other racer, but failed to provide AI competition capable of showcasing it to its fullest."

http://www.edge-online.com/review/gran-turismo-6-review/

7/10

I think maybe they didn't reace with AI set to max (10) because it is a hell of competition.

SvennoJ said:
I'm having a blast with the game so far, at least when my kids let me play it. I was pleasantly surprised when friend's ghost trails suddenly showed up in the license tests. It all feels very polished, everything is easily accessible, no more need to go to the tuning shop. Can't win a race, simply buy an engine upgrade in the race overview screen and restart the race without any loading screens in between.

The handling is great, FR cars feel a lot more dangerous now, watch that weight shift in alternating corners. The eco challenge on Nurburgring was a nice touch. A bit too easy though with manual gear shift. Next up driving on the moon.

The only problem so far is that I can't seem to get my own music working, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I selected personal bgm for races, selected a song on my ps3, hit the check mark, and it's still playing the game music during races? I want to drive the Nurb at sunset listening to Journey!

YES! I was driving the camaro SS to see if it finally felt how it should in real life (Drove an SS and RS in real life), and it definitely felt like the weight shift was making the rear kick out dangerously on sharp corners as opposed to Forza games and to an extent GT5, where the back might kick out but it felt manageable even at high speed.

Driving on the moon is hilariously ridiculous and fun, but probably not something I would go back to once I get gold in all the events.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

EDGE

"Polyphony has produced a handling and physics model that is unmatched by any other racer, but failed to provide AI competition capable of showcasing it to its fullest."

http://www.edge-online.com/review/gran-turismo-6-review/

7/10

I think maybe they didn't reace with AI set to max (10) because it is a hell of competition.

I think a lot of the complaints about AI come from reviewers only going through the novice part of the main races. It took reviewers weeks to get through GT5 when it came out, but now it seems like they just got the game, went through a few races and modes and called it a day.

I also think a lot of the gripes about engine sounds is due to them leaving the sound setting to Living Room instead of bringing it up to small theatre or large theatre. Collisions noise suck no matter the sound setting though, so they're right about those.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:

I think a lot of the complaints about AI come from reviewers only going through the novice part of the main races. It took reviewers weeks to get through GT5 when it came out, but now it seems like they just got the game, went through a few races and modes and called it a day.

I also think a lot of the gripes about engine sounds is due to them leaving the sound setting to Living Room instead of bringing it up to small theatre or large theatre. Collisions noise suck no matter the sound setting though, so they're right about those.

Yeap... I guess so the beggining is a lot easy.

About the sound I have mixed experience... some few cars sounds crazy accurate (like the Galardo) but other sounds like a vaccum cleaner... so bad... I think PD needs to work in the sound for PS4 (seems like they have memory limitations in PS3).

adriane23 said:
SvennoJ said:
I'm having a blast with the game so far, at least when my kids let me play it. I was pleasantly surprised when friend's ghost trails suddenly showed up in the license tests. It all feels very polished, everything is easily accessible, no more need to go to the tuning shop. Can't win a race, simply buy an engine upgrade in the race overview screen and restart the race without any loading screens in between.

The handling is great, FR cars feel a lot more dangerous now, watch that weight shift in alternating corners. The eco challenge on Nurburgring was a nice touch. A bit too easy though with manual gear shift. Next up driving on the moon.

The only problem so far is that I can't seem to get my own music working, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I selected personal bgm for races, selected a song on my ps3, hit the check mark, and it's still playing the game music during races? I want to drive the Nurb at sunset listening to Journey!

YES! I was driving the camaro SS to see if it finally felt how it should in real life (Drove an SS and RS in real life), and it definitely felt like the weight shift was making the rear kick out dangerously on sharp corners as opposed to Forza games and to an extent GT5, where the back might kick out but it felt manageable even at high speed.

Driving on the moon is hilariously ridiculous and fun, but probably not something I would go back to once I get gold in all the events.

The moon was a blast, I hope there will be some more moon challenges. The personal bgm was working for that race, surreal knocking down cones in low gravity while listening to Journey :) It's hard to keep that thing on the ground at 30 kph in low gravity.
I just started on the National A events, the new tracks look stunning. Matterhorn, Willow springs, very nice.

ethomaz said:

adriane23 said:

Yeap... I guess so the beggining is a lot easy.

About the sound I have mixed experience... some few cars sounds crazy accurate (like the Galardo) but other sounds like a vaccum cleaner... so bad... I think PD needs to work in the sound for PS4 (seems like they have memory limitations in PS3).

The AI is pretty tame in the standard races but can be a bastard in the mission events. Not that they haven't made life difficult in the standard races, it's a lot more lively then GT5.

The sound needs a lot of attention for GT7. I'm not that bothered with the engine sounds, I play in home theater mode anyway. But that the sound doesn't even change in the slightest when you drive into a tunnel breaks immersion. And how come there is sound on the moon :p

Just do the 20m credits error thing and voila.

so where are the gamespot gametrailers and famitsu GT6 reviews ?