By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

globalisateur said:
walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

It is official.

Yes I have just seen it! Also look at the user score of Forza!

Anyway GT6 score is still going up. It will overtake Forza 5 soon.

Yes, because user-score is at least something we can trust on metacritic ;)

It is another indication of how real the game is scored among gamers (not professionnals).

And in my experience, this user score is often more accurate than normal score. COD is regurlarly given 3/10 average score by real gamers for instance.

Oh, "real" gamers, yes... So you totally missed the drama around Turkish and his meta-account? I don't want to start this again but as anybody can make an account and vote for stuff he doesn't even own it's not even close to an indication, in my opinion.

There are always trolls for anormal 10/10 and 0/10, those scores should by in roughly equal measure.

But you didn't answer me about the very low user score of Mass effect 3 or COD compared to high scores of pro reviewers... Would you rate COD 3/10 or 8/10? Would your rate mass effect 3  6/10 or 9/10?

An honest answer is expected...

"Is expected" Oh, that's so nice of you but yes, I will answer. First, I never played a console version of COD (I own the first PC versions, though). But given the time spent on this game and how money people buy it, it seems to be fun for a lot of people. Or do you disagree with that? Thing is: Most just play the game while others (most probably people who don't even own the game) shit on it everytime possible, even here on VGC you get attacked if you openly say you like COD.

Mass Effect 3? Easily 9/10, the game was soooo much fun, so much variety. Of course some things were broken (couldn't do all side-quests) but overall it was a pleasure to play this game, so emotional moments. Ending? Yes, is important but this doesn't ruin the fun I had till the ending.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

There are always trolls for anormal 10/10 and 0/10, those scores should by in roughly equal measure.

But you didn't answer me about the very low user score of Mass effect 3 or COD compared to high scores of pro reviewers... Would you rate COD 3/10 or 8/10? Would your rate mass effect 3  6/10 or 9/10?

"Is expected" Oh, that's so nice of you but yes, I will answer. First, I never played a console version of COD (I own the first PC versions, though). But given the time spent on this game and how money people buy it, it seems to be fun for a lot of people. Or do you disagree with that? Thing is: Most just play the game while others (most probably people who don't even own the game) shit on it everytime possible, even here on VGC you get attacked if you openly say you like COD.

Mass Effect 3? Easily 9/10, the game was soooo much fun, so much variety. Of course some things were broken (couldn't do all side-quests) but overall it was a pleasure to play this game, so emotional moments. Ending? Yes, is important but this doesn't ruin the fun I had till the ending.

Fair enough.

By the way, didn't you just lost your bet with Ethomaz?

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/12/09/xbox-one-hard-drive-full-at-362gbs

globalisateur said:
walsufnir said:

Fair enough.

By the way, didn't you just lost your bet with Ethomaz?

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/12/09/xbox-one-hard-drive-full-at-362gbs

No because we don't know if there is really not more space. It just won't allow anymore installs.

The bet will be over if anyone takes out the hdd of the Xbone, plugs it into a "normal" computer and then you see how much data is really available.

walsufnir said:
betacon said:
walsufnir said:

OT: 80 meta is really low :( But the game will still have decent sales, it's the only really high selling exclusive Sony has since psx.

6 million isn't high selling?

Show me a Sony exclusive which lasts more than one generation and has high sales (>10 million). But also this will make it off-topic, there is none. GT *IS* the most important exclusive for PS - always was.

Hahahahaha is that your counter argument? Really terrible lol. Why does it matter which is a +10 million selling franchise for multiple gens? You're disregarding high sales of God of War and Uncharted, just becoz they didnt sell 10 million, as if there are so many franchises that sell so much.

walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

It is official.

Yes I have just seen it! Also look at the user score of Forza!

Anyway GT6 score is still going up. It will overtake Forza 5 soon.

Yes, because user-score is at least something we can trust on metacritic ;)

It is another indication of how real the game is scored among gamers (not professionnals).

And in my experience, this user score is often more accurate than normal score. COD is regurlarly given 3/10 average score by real gamers for instance.

Oh, "real" gamers, yes... So you totally missed the drama around Turkish and his meta-account? I don't want to start this again but as anybody can make an account and vote for stuff he doesn't even own it's not even close to an indication, in my opinion.

Still crying about it hahahaha. I own all the games I rate therefore I can give them whatever score I like, even if you dont agree with it or with my reasoning. Its really low if you're upset about user scores. lol

Around the Network
Turkish said:

I own all the games I rate...

Say what you want, I won't believe you and many others won't.

walsufnir said:
Turkish said:

Thats your problem, not mine. But are you really gonna be upset about what I think of games? Damn dude.

Turkish said:
walsufnir said:
Turkish said:

Thats your problem, not mine. But are you really gonna be upset about what I think of games? Damn dude.

I am far from upset, I just took you as a perfect example of how unimportant user-critics are on metacritic.

walsufnir said:
Turkish said:
walsufnir said:
Turkish said:

I am far from upset, I just took you as a perfect example of how unimportant user-critics are on metacritic.

And real reviewers are more important because... ? In the end its just an opinion, its bad if you let your self influence by someone else's opinion on something. There are many games that get 60 on average that I like and many games that get 90 that I thought sucked ass.

I really dont get why people say a film was great or sucked just because Roger Ebert said so. My opinion on most films he reviewed was opposite.

Turkish said:
walsufnir said:
Turkish said:
walsufnir said:
Turkish said:

And real reviewers are more important because... ? In the end its just an opinion, its bad if you let your self influence by someone else's opinion on something. There are many games that get 60 on average that I like and many games that get 90 that I thought sucked ass.

I really dont get why people say a film was great or sucked just because Roger Ebert said so. My opinion on most films he reviewed was opposite.

So we should quit scores and leave it up to plain-text-reviews without a verdict?