By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

I keep hearing the bad reviews it's getting and see it's at 81? Holy crap people. GT5 had a metascore of 84 and I'm pretty sure the only reason this game was made was to get some more $ out of the long development time it took for GT5 to be made.

Around the Network

I've put around 30 hours in the game. It is great. Visually, it is improved and more impressive than GT5. Especially those stages that involve natural backgrounds. Matterhorn is absolutely gorgeous to race in. Night-time is improved as well. Many lighting effects give a more persuasive impression of night-time than on GT 5. Moon stages are quite fun and twilight is a bliss.

On gameplay terms there are some improvements that change the experience. The suspension physics work like a charm and let the player feel the weight of a car better than ever. Driving through GoodWood Hill Climb with a 750 KTM and then switching to heavy Ferrari Dino, make that obvious as never before. This addition help the driver understand the balance of the car on the most bendy curves, feel the unload when it reaches the peak and estimate how to complete a turn succesfully.

Along with some refinements in menus, post race-stats and parallel events unlocking every now and then, the game is brilliantly fun to play. It actually is fun, yes. Not the "soulless" GT we all knew. Online is as it always were.

The game's economy is also unchanged. Credits come in large amounts and seldom is the player "forced" to buy a car in-game to participate in some special events. Bonus cars are also present after every completed event or car license.

Here! I hope I've helped some people get a taste of the game.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

1) we gamers are getting fed up of the same series time for new ones! (that's imo)
2) wat happened to Ethomaz ?

I'm having a blast with the game so far, at least when my kids let me play it. I was pleasantly surprised when friend's ghost trails suddenly showed up in the license tests. It all feels very polished, everything is easily accessible, no more need to go to the tuning shop. Can't win a race, simply buy an engine upgrade in the race overview screen and restart the race without any loading screens in between.

The handling is great, FR cars feel a lot more dangerous now, watch that weight shift in alternating corners. The eco challenge on Nurburgring was a nice touch. A bit too easy though with manual gear shift. Next up driving on the moon.

The only problem so far is that I can't seem to get my own music working, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I selected personal bgm for races, selected a song on my ps3, hit the check mark, and it's still playing the game music during races? I want to drive the Nurb at sunset listening to Journey!

WagnerPaiva said:

What happened to my buddy Ethomaz? he was the coolest =/

I posted here today I was banned until last weekend.

PS. I didn't received my copy yet because the slow delivery of the Correios... they are killing me.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
WagnerPaiva said:

What happened to my buddy Ethomaz? he was the coolest =/

I posted here today I was banned until last weekend.

PS. I didn't received my copy yet because the slow delivery of the Correios... they are killing me.

Sorry to hear that, I just had my order of AC4 canceled because of that, they said it would delivered at the end of january, no way I will wait.

Hey, there is GRID2 for free at PSN, so you can play something before GT6 arrives.

And, welcome back =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Whithout car destructions this is a joke and not a "real" driving simulator.

TurboElder said:
Whithout car destructions this is a joke and not a "real" driving simulator.

Give us back Destruction Derby

It is official.

Puh, at the very least:

Forza fans are able to spot the Microtransactions. I mean, they really must have developed a third eye for them with Microsoft shoving them in everything under the sun !