By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

Wake up, go to last page of thread, people moaning about comparisons from other users between forza and gt instead of talking about the bad reviews. If you don't want those comparisons, don't even mention them. Just put your thoughts about gt here and if someone wants to discuss this with you, go on. Threads won't change because you complain about how the business works here.

OT: 80 meta is really low :( But the game will still have decent sales, it's the only really high selling exclusive Sony has since psx.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

OT: 80 meta is really low :( But the game will still have decent sales, it's the only really high selling exclusive Sony has since psx.

6 million isn't high selling?

betacon said:
walsufnir said:

Show me a Sony exclusive which lasts more than one generation and has high sales (>10 million). But also this will make it off-topic, there is none. GT *IS* the most important exclusive for PS - always was.

walsufnir said:
betacon said:
walsufnir said:

Show me a Sony exclusive which lasts more than one generation and has high sales (>10 million). But also this will make it off-topic, there is none. GT *IS* the most important exclusive for PS - always was.

God of War, Ratchet & Clank.

On-Topic: Games really well done, absolutely saddened that the soundtrack is not as good as GT5 though that's really not a big issue. Online is fabulous, menu's look much improved, the car count is astronomical, moon missions are comical, tracks absolutely astounding, game looks visually very beautiful with a few hick-ups here and there to be expected.

my biggest issues is in multiplayer(splitscreen) the game only gives you 20 cars for you and your partner to pick and choose from, or you have to use cars your purchased which will add a good amount more. That's one thing I hate, really was expecting atleast 100 cars to choose fromin splitscreen. 

Microtransactions are also crazy its gonna cost me 50 dollars if I want to purchase the Red Bull Prototype 2011 which I own in GT5 WTF polyphony. I'm okay with microtransactions but give me a little more bang for my buck.

Otherwise I'm glad reviews hold no validity over me whatsoever the game is great and worth 60$ thus far for me.

i walked into bestbuy today are i really was surprised they were sold out with all systems and other games coming out.

Around the Network

didn't arrive in post, it's still the best sim out there you don't need to play it to give your opinion O_o

it's that good

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
didn't arrive in post, it's still the best sim out there you don't need to play it to give your opinion O_o

it's that good

le the haters play Midnight racers on the Nurburgring, they would understand how awesome GT6 is.

I doubt any reviewers made it that far.  

Couple more reviews have come in. At 29 now, Forza had 55 and the last GT had 82 so we still have quite a few left :o 

Gran Turismo 6 isn't perfect, but it's still the best videogame out there for driving enthusiasts. It's what Gran Turismo 5 should have been.

It's the best form a Gran Turismo can take and could be a fitting conclusion to 15 years of Real Driving Simulation. Now, the only thing that has to happen is for the "Driving" part of this equation to evolve into "Racing".

While some small flaws and occasionally dated features edge it closer to deposition, Gran Turismo is still the king of racing.

Accomplished as GT6 is, the team will need to revisit some fundamentals if future iterations are able to stand wheel arch to wheel arch with the Forzas of the world. Indeed, the prospect of how the developer may be willing to evolve the franchise for PS4 is a riveting one. But knowing Polyphony Digital, that's a few years down the road yet.

A useful improvement over the last game but one that still avoids instituting any of the serious changes that the series now desperately needs.

gt6 is an extremly good game, but the timing of it is lost im afraid, i kinda dont want to turn ps4 off i predict a ps4 port next year i hope so

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
gt6 is an extremly good game, but the timing of it is lost im afraid, i kinda dont want to turn ps4 off i predict a ps4 port next year i hope so

They're already working on GT7, so a port of this is unrealistic. Also, a lot of people won't get the PS4 for a while, so GT6 should still sell pretty well., just not as well as previous entries.

I am the Playstation Avenger.