By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

ethomaz said:

It is official.

Yes I have just seen it! Also look at the user score of Forza!

Anyway GT6 score is still going up. It will overtake Forza 5 soon.

Around the Network
pezus said:
TurboElder said:
Whithout car destructions this is a joke and not a "real" driving simulator.

It's a real driving simulator because nobody destroys their car

In real life you can destroy your car while driving slowly. You just cant hit another car with 80mph speed. Destruction would chenge the way you play, it would be a real driving simulator and not a big matchbox racing wannabe simulator.

ethomaz said:
TurboElder said:

Give us back Destruction Derby

Im waiting for this game: http://youtu.be/FcmD1RojjM0

globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

It is official.

Yes, because user-score is at least something we can trust on metacritic ;)

pezus said:
TurboElder said:

It's a real driving simulator because nobody destroys their car

I would like to invite you to a weekend to Nürburgring so you can see for yourself how many people destroy their car in their free time. I have seen so many Porsche's crashing I stopped counting long time ago.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

It is official.

It is another indication of how real the game is scored among gamers (not professionnals).

And in my experience, this user score is often more accurate than normal score. COD is regurlarly given 3/10 average score by real gamers for instance.

Go see the X360 user score metascore and check a few games, I am sure you will objectively often more agree with them than the pro scores. For instance Mass effect 3 score versus pro-reviewers score?

globalisateur said:
walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

It is official.

It is another indication of how real the game is scored among gamers (not professionnals).

And in my experience, this user score is often more accurate than normal score. COD is regurlarly given 3/10 average score by real gamers for instance.

Oh, "real" gamers, yes... So you totally missed the drama around Turkish and his meta-account? I don't want to start this again but as anybody can make an account and vote for stuff he doesn't even own it's not even close to an indication, in my opinion.

globalisateur said:
walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

It is official.

Go see the X360 user score metascore and check a few games, I am sure you will objectively often more agree with them than the pro scores. For instance Mass effect 3 score versus pro-reviewers score?

Horrible example, ME3 was awesome. Mass effect trilogy is one of my favorite series, ME3 is mot definitely not a 3.4 from that ridiculous user score. Thousands of angry people giving it a 0 because of the last 10 minutes of the game is ridiculous.

walsufnir said:
[...]

Oh, "real" gamers, yes... So you totally missed the drama around Turkish and his meta-account? I don't want to start this again but as anybody can make an account and vote for stuff he doesn't even own it's not even close to an indication, in my opinion.

Haters hate on every game, so it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

About "real" gamers: In my book, everyone who is playing games is a real gamer. Doesn't matter what plattform or what games, even if it's just Tetris. So yes, the scores are from real gamers most of the time.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
walsufnir said:
globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

It is official.

There are always trolls for anormal 10/10 and 0/10, those scores should by in roughly equal measure.

But you didn't answer me about the very low user score of Mass effect 3 or COD compared to high scores of pro reviewers... Would you rate COD 3/10 or 8/10? Would your rate mass effect 3  6/10 or 9/10?

An honest answer is expected...