By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread (Drama!!)

Panicnausia said:

Yes sounds I forgot sounds, PD just seems to be ignoring the legacy issues fans have wanted for years. Credit payout is also brutally slow, worse then gt5....MAkes me wonder if Microtransactions  had a part to play, I hope not.

Really? The credits are fast than GT5... the Sunday Cup for example give almost twice the credits than GT5.

Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
adriane23 said:
ethomaz said:

EDGE

"Polyphony has produced a handling and physics model that is unmatched by any other racer, but failed to provide AI competition capable of showcasing it to its fullest."

http://www.edge-online.com/review/gran-turismo-6-review/

7/10

I think maybe they didn't reace with AI set to max (10) because it is a hell of competition.

I think a lot of the complaints about AI come from reviewers only going through the novice part of the main races. It took reviewers weeks to get through GT5 when it came out, but now it seems like they just got the game, went through a few races and modes and called it a day.

I also think a lot of the gripes about engine sounds is due to them leaving the sound setting to Living Room instead of bringing it up to small theatre or large theatre. Collisions noise suck no matter the sound setting though, so they're right about those.

The AI is horrendous as are the sounds, and I am a big GT fan. It has nothing to do with reviewers only going through a few races. Career mode IN GT is really bad.

It's designed to get progressively more difficult, that doesn't mean the AI is bad. Other than the collision sound effects, and the lack of echo in tunnels, you can't say that the sound is bad. If that were the case, the sound in every racing game to date is bad because most don't match the level of authenticity in GT6.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Panicnausia said:
adriane23 said:
ethomaz said:

EDGE

"Polyphony has produced a handling and physics model that is unmatched by any other racer, but failed to provide AI competition capable of showcasing it to its fullest."

http://www.edge-online.com/review/gran-turismo-6-review/

7/10

I think maybe they didn't reace with AI set to max (10) because it is a hell of competition.

I think a lot of the complaints about AI come from reviewers only going through the novice part of the main races. It took reviewers weeks to get through GT5 when it came out, but now it seems like they just got the game, went through a few races and modes and called it a day.

I also think a lot of the gripes about engine sounds is due to them leaving the sound setting to Living Room instead of bringing it up to small theatre or large theatre. Collisions noise suck no matter the sound setting though, so they're right about those.

The AI is horrendous as are the sounds, and I am a big GT fan. It has nothing to do with reviewers only going through a few races. Career mode IN GT is really bad.

It's designed to get progressively more difficult, that doesn't mean the AI is bad. Other than the collision sound effects, and the lack of echo in tunnels, you can't say that the sound is bad. If that were the case, the sound in every racing game to date is bad because most don't match the level of authenticity in GT6.

I can say they sound is bad..because it is....The cars sound horrible, like vacumn cleaners.... The AI does not get better it's the worst I have seen ina  racing game period. No challenge, never fight for position, constantly sticking to the line and breaking whe it is not needed. Almost every race, the car that starts last ends up last and vice versa. Every other game has betetr AI, sounds. The racing is horrible. Gt right now  is ablout collecting cars and time trial, the racing is not good at all.

Turkish said:

Still crying about it hahahaha. I own all the games I rate therefore I can give them whatever score I like, even if you dont agree with it or with my reasoning. Its really low if you're upset about user scores. lol

Turkish about a year ago I believe  you were caught writing fake Xbox reviews slamming the games.  So i'm not sure you own all the games you rate.

shakarak said:
Turkish said:

Still crying about it hahahaha. I own all the games I rate therefore I can give them whatever score I like, even if you dont agree with it or with my reasoning. Its really low if you're upset about user scores. lol

Turkish about a year ago I believe  you were caught writing fake Xbox reviews slamming the games.  So i'm not sure you own all the games you rate.

I do own them, I shall post a pic of my 360 collection tomorrow

Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
ethomaz said:

Panicnausia said:

How does that help in career mode?? The mode that needs better ai the most??? Just another really poor decision from PD.....A-spec needed better Ai for the last 5 years, yet they improve it in...arcade mode, making carer mode generally bad. I love GT but it  really is frustrating seeing the really bad decisions being made at PD.

The AI in GT6 is not bad... it is good and harder... the Carrer Mode is supposed to be easy... that's didn't allow you to say the AI is terrible or bad.

What our friend are saying the reviewers just played the first Carrer races and wrote "terrible AI" when the AI in the game is way more complex than what they saw... so if you want to challenge the AI for real you need to set it to higuest possible... so you will have everything the AI in GT6 can delievy... you will be surprised.

Reviews should be surprised with the AI too if they invest more time with the game.

Career mode is NOT supposed to be that poor at racing....nor that easy................ Other games do ti fine, why can't GT? No damage is also ridiculous in a  sim, smnashing into a wall, bumper car your way to first undermines GT's sim nature. Game needs a lot of work.

i dont get the whines about carrer mode.

career mode in Forza4 was utter shit.  I gave up on it as its was totally meaningless, there was no accomplishemnt to it.

so what racing sim has this awesome career mode ?

Any one crying about sounds just be honest.

you want fake overblow fast and furious Forza sound effects.

hate to break it to you real cars don't sound like that, i doubt any of you ever driven real sports cars at wot to know what they sound like. Pd sounds are boringly realistic to a greater extent then all the bs sounds in other racing games.

Panicnausia said:

Yes sounds I forgot sounds, PD just seems to be ignoring the legacy issues fans have wanted for years. Credit payout is also brutally slow, worse then gt5....MAkes me wonder if Microtransactions  had a part to play, I hope not.

pure bs right there

iv gotten to 900k in credits while buying cars i dont need and modyfing them with out ever running the same race twice to grind money, gt5 was a brutal grind fest for me.  

BeElite said:
Panicnausia said:

pure bs right there

iv gotten to 900k in credits while buying cars i dont need and modyfing them with out ever running the same race twice to grind money, gt5 was a brutal grind fest for me.  

You're correct. Rose tinted glasses I guess. Graphics weren't better in GT5, certainly not at launch. And it was a grind before the addition of bloated payout seasonal events and daily login bonus. The only way to get decent money at the start was in the special events and they only paid out once. I did a lot of B-Spec grinding before the changes. At some point I was so used to it I could start the next race and repeat the tournament just by looking at the hdd indicator, no need to switch from tv. To be fair I wanted all the expensive le mans cars, I didn't actually need them to progress.

The grinding is way faster in GT6 than GT5... you get credits fast.