By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita, Do you have one? How do you like it?

Got one, play it loads. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network

I have one, and I love the hardware and interface. The only downside is that there are few quality games worth paying 40$ for. I bought the CoD bundle when it was on sale, and I only have 2 games as of now ( CoD and Persona 4). Persona 4 is amazing and is a must buy, while CoD declassified is an insult to gaming in general and CoD fans. The multiplayer sucks because it always disconnects, the story is barely enjoyable, there is no zombie mode (even the ipod touch has one...c'mon), and it just feels like a cheap and rushed game.

So ya... great hardware, but it's lacking in software.

I got mine a month after the NA launch. Still loving it.

I have one and it's enjoyable. The wide selection of PS1 and PSP games on the store is something I've been meaning to get into, but I need more money for that. P4G is easily the best game on Vita imo.

If you want to utilize PS+ for your vita, you will definitely need a bigger memory card, just keep that in mind. 16 GB should be the minimum, 32 GB is recommended.

had one for a little over a year now, it's been getting about as much play time as my ps3

Around the Network

I got one on launch and it's okay. I have yet to play a game that really draws me in that makes it worth it. Uncharted was nothing spectacular, and I didn't like Gravity Rush. The most time I've put on a game for it is Mortal Kombat. Rayman Origins was excellent on it, and I'm currently playing LittleBigPlanet. I have yet to play Soul Sacrifice and I will buy Tearaway in time.

Like my PSP (which I love) I tend to play PS1 classics just as much as it's dedicated games so that says something. The hardware itself is really nice and solid.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

It's awesome! Those games you mentioned are wonderful btw! I've played both.

I highly recommend Hotline Miami. The perfect "playNgo" game for spurts of great gameplay.

The console itself is great. Downloads are fast, multitasking works surprisingly well, and all in all it feels like a next gen handheld. A leap above the PSP imo.

Some downsides include digital pricing. Imo some games are just way overpriced. Even older games. While Tearaway deserves it's $35 price tag, does a release of a yearly Fifa game that doesn't have any updated gameplay? Shit like that...

Some other minor stuff, but overall I love mine.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Playing Guacamelee right now - great game.

Had one since launch and I actually love it. It gets more play time than my PS3 most often. Plenty of good retail games to snag, many for free due to PS+. Also a plethera of small budget titles too. I think I own about 25+ games for it digitally and retail.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

well i bought one a few weeks after it came out in America. I immediately bought Uncharted and Escape plan for it, and promptly beat both. Then MLB 12: The Show came out and i played that a lot. I then played Uncharted GA 2 more times in attempt to get the platinum. I could never get about 5 of the bounties, as they were ridiculously rare and hard if not impossible to get. So i gave up, i played the show for periodically, but mostly on PS3.

So i played a good amount between Febuary until May. Then effectively stopped playing. DIdnt buy a game again, until now. One week ago to be precise. I found out Uncharted had a patch to make getting bounties easier, and I finally Platinumed Uncharted. That made it about 1 year and 10 months between my first trophy and my last.  

Furthermore, I had been wanting Killzone, but didnt want to pay $40 for it. It finally, and only temporally dropped to $20 on amazon a few days ago. so i bought it. But i dont want to play it until my flight home for Christmas. I then bought Need For Speed Most Wanted for $20 on PSN Store. great deal. I have been playing it know stop since. i love it. i never have particullarly cared for the racing genre, and i kinda just bought it, to actually play my Vita for the first time in over a year. But boy was it a good purchase.

im tempted to buy tearaway, but again $40 is wayyy to much for a genre i dont think im really into. I almost bought Resistance when it came out, was initially hyped for Call of Duty, until i found out what it was really. Really wanted to get and Like Assassin's Creed, but they decided to but a french female pirate? as the main character. So i held off.

but lately ive been loving it, but overall havent really played enough to justify the purchase. hopefully that changes, but it seems 3rd parties have all been given up on the Vita, and Sony has all been given up on courting 3rd parties like Activision, and no call of duty.