By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita, Do you have one? How do you like it?

I've owned the Vita since launch and it's my favourite handheld ever. Cant go wrong getting one, especially since you already have a ps4, and you already seem to know what games to get.
you wont be disapointed =)

Around the Network

I can't really give a full run-down on how it performs hardware wise, but from what I have seen it's been pretty smooth and I haven't had any sort of crashes or anything, I quite like the UI.. I found it quite simple and sleek and I haven't had any issues so far with it.

I wish there was more AAA exclusives for the system but there is some gems on the system that are worth playing for sure... Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway for example.

I think the main problem the Vita has is the serious lack of AAA exclusive content, It has a solid Indie game lineup but I would not buy a system for Indie games.. So in the end it just needs the AAA games really, from a hardware standpoint it's seems to be a great system... it's sleek and comfortable to use.

The main reason I own the Vita is because of PlayStation Plus, That's where I get a lot of use out of the system.

I'd say the Vita is a system where you should take a close look at what's available on it and see if you like what it has to offer, Whilst it definitely has some real gems, but it doesn't have tons of exclusives and I don't know what is coming in the future for the system... If you do that and see that it has content that looks appealing to you... then absolutely go for it, It's one of the best Handheld systems to date in terms of hardware and how comfortable and easy it is to use.

Vita is great Handheld with great quality in everything and its just that people don't really want this due to the fact that they needs games that makes them spend lots of hours into it instead of just having experience with game we have now. It provides so much value than others except having games with tens of hours for the people to spend. Its a console with experiences that are short and sweet.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

best handheld Ive had

Weedlab said:
Yes I do. I love it so much I don't even play my PS3 anymore (no joke). When I turn on my PS3 it is to watch movies. 90% of my gaming is on the Vita. I get most games that are on both on the Vita.

This happened to me too

Now up to almost 50 no games retail plus a bunch of downloads. Actually ran out of bubbles on my home screen yesterday :(

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I've had one since launch and I haven't used it much recently but now I own a PS4 and looking through some of the games to get I might just be using it more now!

I have one and i'm playing on it daily. Never had a lack of games personally for my gaming tastes and I will have my PS4 next week so I will most likely use it even more :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I played around 40 Vita games - 21 of which I would consider enjoyable/good/great. So, yes, I love it.

have one.
decent handheld.
needs more "killer", big budget software though.

I pre-ordered which would make me a user since day 1.

As a handheld gaming system, it's a delight to use. While personal preferences factor in heavily, I can say as a gamer who has been gaming on portables since they were invented (Mattel handhelds, Nintendo Game and Watch up to present), it is easily the most comfortable and easy on the eyes portable I've used in 30 odd years.

Of course, the whole point of a handheld system is for the games. Either the PSV has what a potential buyer wants, or it doesn't have enough to justify the cost.

Regarding cost. At $199, it's a bargain. Fantastic piece of hardware. Love the display. Controls and input are better than anything else out there. But factor in the amount of memory desired as an added cost because this will determine the level of flexibility the PSV provides. 32GB cards aren't cheap, but hold a lot of games, limiting the amount of data juggling the user will have to do. The data management works great on the PS3 and a Mac or PC, but it is still an extra hoop to go through if you're the type of gamer who likes to just pick up and go on a whim.

Ironically, having more memory would mean more use and more playing as it means more software can be installed at a given time and it's because I'm still using the same 8GB card the handheld shipped with that I can't install all the games I've bought which means I use it less. And because I seldom use it, I have no desire to spend the going rate on a 32GB card (about $80 currently).

That said, the games have been solid. It's not a huge library, but the PSV is not like my iPad or iPhone where 95% of the games I install are disposable, rarely to be played before being deleted, or just taking up space for no good reason.

PSN+ gives free access to Uncharted and Gravity Rush, two of the best titles on the platform.

I was hoping after buying a PS4 I'd use it again, but the main reason is for remote play, which I don't really have much need for. Works great with Resogun. For BD games, you're obviously limited to the game in the optical drive. If you have a bunch of PS4 games installed direct to HDD, the usefulness of remote play would be greatly multiplied.