By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Abortion survivor story

A lot of abortion cases not rape/abuse ?

True 46 67.65%

False 5 7.35%

We don't know 15 22.06%

Total:66
BlowoverKing said:
Jay520 said:
menx64 said:

I know is her body, but shouldnt the father have the right to decide as well? I can understand the case of a rapist or a a one night stand, but what about a husband or a long time boyfriend?

Just because a man donated his seed to a woman, that doesn't mean the woman should have to follow through and use that seed to form a child.

Then why did she have sex with him?

You should know better. In the West it is a culture of irresponsibility and "I'm not responsible" for my actions if there is a way out. So we create these terms and attempt to justify the abominable means in order to jusitfy our own perception on what is right and wrong. Some people beleive an unborn child (living being) has a right to life, others believe an unborn child (living being) has right to life at a certain trimester and that it should be determined by the mother as it is her body/child. People who are sick in the head beleive the women has the right to abort while the baby as long as the baby is still touching the female's body post birth. I guess we wont find out who's right until we're dead.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:
IMO abortion in the form of "oops! I had sex and now i'm pregnant, how did that happen?" is wrong. If you choose to have sex then you accept that you may have a baby, cuz ya know thats kind of what sex is for. Therefore once a couple get's pregnant they have already chosen that they are going to have a baby. There is no such thing as an "unexpected pregnancy" when you knowingly and willingly have sex.

I'm Guessing you have never had sex then 
jkjk
But in all seriousness if people take preventative measures against Pregnancy (such as condoms and Birth control) but still end up getting pregnant, I don't think it's fair to say that they have "chosen that they are going to have a baby". Because even with all the birth control in the world it is still possible for a women to become pregnant as most Birth control measures are not 100%.
So in short yeah if you have sex without birth control methods then yes you are screaming for a baby and you should deal with the consequences, but in a good number of cases the couple were actually being as safe as they could and some women still managed to get pregnant.
But if you honestly think sex is just for making babys' then you should really try and look at it differently because most people believe that Sex is more about loving someone than actually trying to procreate 

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BlowoverKing said:
Jay520 said:
menx64 said:

I know is her body, but shouldnt the father have the right to decide as well? I can understand the case of a rapist or a a one night stand, but what about a husband or a long time boyfriend?

Just because a man donated his seed to a woman, that doesn't mean the woman should have to follow through and use that seed to form a child.

You should know better. In the West it is a culture of irresponsibility and "I'm not responsible" for my actions if there is a way out. So we create these terms and attempt to justify the abominable means in order to jusitfy our own perception on what is right and wrong. Some people beleive an unborn child (living being) has a right to life, others believe an unborn child has right to life at a certain trimester and that it should be determined by the mother as it is her child. People who are sick in the head beleive the women has the right to abort while the baby as long as the baby is still touching the female's body post birth. I guess we wont find out who's right until we're dead.

This was my point. You can have sex for pleasure all you want but in the end the main function for sex is to reproduce so don't be suprised if you have sex and then all of the sudden your pregnant.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BlowoverKing said:
Jay520 said:
menx64 said:

You should know better. In the West it is a culture of irresponsibility and "I'm not responsible" for my actions if there is a way out. So we create these terms and attempt to justify the abominable means in order to jusitfy our own perception on what is right and wrong. Some people beleive an unborn child (living being) has a right to life, others believe an unborn child has right to life at a certain trimester and that it should be determined by the mother as it is her child. People who are sick in the head beleive the women has the right to abort while the baby as long as the baby is still touching the female's body post birth. I guess we wont find out who's right until we're dead.

This was my point. You can sex for pleasure all you want but in the end the main function for sex is to reproduce so don't be suprised if you have sex and then all of the sudden your pregnant.

Agreed. Even if you do not beleive in the spiritual aspect of love but in the evolutionary aspect of "survival....." the main reason then would be to procreate, plain and simple. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Muffin31190 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

As stated previously, had you actually taken the time to read what the OP said (and ounce of commonse sense), you would have "cleary" understood that his goal was to see what the average reaction was after viewing the video ( as we have a diverse community here) as well as asking the question" Are the cases of rape or abuse the norm, or the exception for abortion procedures. How many are due to irresponsible sex by consenting adults?" Again please read before before you running your mouth, thank you !

OK good talking to you, you are an upstanding citizen of the internetz.
But in all thank you for being so rightous in the way you try and help people as if the interwebs wasnt a nice enough place already.
Maybe next time a question is directed at you I'll hope some one else answers it instead, kthanxbye

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:
BlowoverKing said:
IMO abortion in the form of "oops! I had sex and now i'm pregnant, how did that happen?" is wrong. If you choose to have sex then you accept that you may have a baby, cuz ya know thats kind of what sex is for. Therefore once a couple get's pregnant they have already chosen that they are going to have a baby. There is no such thing as an "unexpected pregnancy" when you knowingly and willingly have sex.

I'm Guessing you have never had sex then 
jkjk
But in all seriousness if people take preventative measures against Pregnancy (such as condoms and Birth control) but still end up getting pregnant, I don't think it's fair to say that they have "chosen that they are going to have a baby". Because even with all the birth control in the world it is still possible for a women to become pregnant as most Birth control measures are not 100%.
So in short yeah if you have sex without birth control methods then yes you are screaming for a baby and you should deal with the consequences, but in a good number of cases the couple were actually being as safe as they could and some women still managed to get pregnant.
But if you honestly think sex is just for making babys' then you should really try and look at it differently because most people believe that Sex is more about loving someone than actually trying to procreate 

Of course sex isn't just about making babies, theres an emotional side to it as well. However that's no excuse to just brush off sex's main function as a "side effect".

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

padib said:
Muffin31190 said:

I'm Sorry I didn't realize OP gave an opinion on the matter, let me read it again ... Oh wait he didn't.

I was Asking the OP if he(she) what was the main goal of what they had posted, as I said before - What were you Trying to get out of this? 

Now let OP answer the question.

Intelligent discussion. (And what Nirvana said in reply 2)

@prof. Thanks bud.

And you still never gave your opinion on the matter.

Also, my opinion of abortion don't just stem from morality, but also from the practical effects on society. If a woman is forced to have an unwanted child because abortion is illegal, then the child is more likely to grow up in a environment leading to anti-social behavior (see crime and abortion). There are even some would argue that aborting one child saves one or more lives from being victimized, but I haven't investigated that claim enough to form an opinion on it.

Sex goes way beyond mere procreation in this day and age. It's about bonding, love, fun.
It's unreasonable to expect people to be celibate just because they don't want kids. Sex is too good to miss out on, and contraception is a wonderful thing.
The very act of using contraception is a declaration that you do not sign up for a child.

BlowoverKing said:

Of course sex isn't just about making babies, theres an emotional side to it as well. However that's no excuse to just brush off sex's main function as a "side effect".

Well it might have been the main function when were starting out as a species but as of late (especially in the past 100 years) sex has been more about the love between two people and the pleasure they can feel.
So what I am trying to say now is that Sexual relation's main purpose now is to share love or pleasure between people while it's main function is to reproduce, and sense society has become more of want's rather then needs I would say Sex now in more for relations and less for function