By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Abortion survivor story

A lot of abortion cases not rape/abuse ?

True 46 67.65%

False 5 7.35%

We don't know 15 22.06%

Total:66

Her doing an abortion in the 8th month of pregnancy is the problem. What kind of doctor would allow such a thing? An abortion that late is not the same thing as an abortion in, say, the 10th week. This should not be allowed anywhere.

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Muffin31190 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Muffin31190 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

As stated previously, had you actually taken the time to read what the OP said (and ounce of commonse sense), you would have "cleary" understood that his goal was to see what the average reaction was after viewing the video ( as we have a diverse community here) as well as asking the question" Are the cases of rape or abuse the norm, or the exception for abortion procedures. How many are due to irresponsible sex by consenting adults?" Again please read before before you running your mouth, thank you !

OK good talking to you, you are an upstanding citizen of the internetz.
But in all thank you for being so rightous in the way you try and help people as if the interwebs wasnt a nice enough place already.
Maybe next time a question is directed at you I'll hope some one else answers it instead, kthanxbye

Why didn't you post your previous comments? You were purposely trying to troll so I stepped in, plain and simple. Please drop the ad hominems of "being righteous, etc" because attempting to insult me because you do  not have anything intelligent to reply with does not give your comments credibility.

Well I didnt realize you made all of this come together so well, I asked One question (which was reasonable) and you took it upon yourself to be blatent and disregard it and insult me.
So In your eyes I have done all the wrong, which is fine but leave me be and if i have a question for you then answer it if i dont then leave it be unless you have something productive to bring to the coversation.

No, you were trying to troll. I called you out and you did a 180. You really do not seem to read thoroughly and jump the gun as there were no insults in  my original comments, unlike the poor attempts you made. 

Don't tell me what I can or cannot comment on thank you very much. I'll provide my opinion when I feel like it and I will call out people like you when it's needed. Good day.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I have no desire to join in an abortion conversation. One thing that always bugs me though is the idea that "It's the woman's body, she can do what she wants". This seems to only apply to the abortion decision, as any other time in our society we say she "is eating for two" and she has "a new life inside her" and other such comments. Further, we have come to hear couples say "we're pregnant" to link the father to the condition. And legally, fathers are responsible to pay child support. It's this last legal point which really baffles me. Fathers must pay for the care of a child if it is born but the child inside the mother is her body and her decision. This is a major inconsistency. Either the pregnancy and resulting child is the mother's and the hers alone, or both the pregnancy and the child belong to both. I suspect if this was properly challenged in a US court, either child support or abortion being at the mother's discretion would be thrown out. Keep in mind I'm not debating the morality of abortion, only that pregnancy/child ownership should be clearly defined as belonging to just the mother or both parents in a consistent fashion.

ninetailschris said:
Jay520 said:

Just asking a question because I'm curious where this could logical imply. Here is my question.

Couldn't one use the same logic to justify kill there 1-5 year old. Hear me out. If the parent believe the child will have social behavior problems because the child father was a rapist and her feelings towards the child will always be in a negative fashion. Then would it not be ok to kill the child because of potential negative impact of society that child may have. It is not uncommon for this to happen so, would the mother be justified in killing the child for society protection and her own child? We have to also factor in that if the mother doesn't want the child around anymore it is her choice seen she had to care the child as that's her right.

Um, adoption?

TheLastStarFighter said:
I have no desire to join in an abortion conversation. One thing that always bugs me though is the idea that "It's the woman's body, she can do what she wants". This seems to only apply to the abortion decision, as any other time in our society we say she "is eating for two" and she has "a new life inside her" and other such comments. Further, we have come to hear couples say "we're pregnant" to link the father to the condition. And legally, fathers are responsible to pay child support. It's this last legal point which really baffles me. Fathers must pay for the care of a child if it is born but the child inside the mother is her body and her decision. This is a major inconsistency. Either the pregnancy and resulting child is the mother's and the hers alone, or both the pregnancy and the child belong to both. I suspect if this was properly challenged in a US court, either child support or abortion being at the mother's discretion would be thrown out. Keep in mind I'm not debating the morality of abortion, only that pregnancy/child ownership should be clearly defined as belonging to just the mother or both parents in a consistent fashion.

Easy solution. The father should be able to disown the child sometime before birth and not be obligated to pay child support. That way it's 100% the mother's decision but also she can't force the consequences on the father.

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:
BlowoverKing said:

Of course sex isn't just about making babies, theres an emotional side to it as well. However that's no excuse to just brush off sex's main function as a "side effect".

Well it might have been the main function when were starting out as a species but as of late (especially in the past 100 years) sex has been more about the love between two people and the pleasure they can feel.
So what I am trying to say now is that Sexual relation's main purpose now is to share love or pleasure between people while it's main function is to reproduce, and sense society has become more of want's rather then needs I would say Sex now in more for relations and less for function

In humans, sex has always been about more then procreation. It has been about love and strengthening the bonds between two adults. It's a social activity, essentially. This is why only about 5% of sexual activity actually results in a child. This is why humans have developed other methods of sexual activity beyond intercourse, it's why we can mate year round and not just during specific seasons when we are "in heat" (as is the case with other animals were mating is ONLY for procreation). Humans aren't even the only animals that mate for pleasure and bonding: this has also been witnessed in Bonobos.

In fact, the idea that sex is purely for procreation is the far more recent construct, probably stemming from religious beliefs, and probably developed for practical purposes to prevent mothers from having children with unfaithful mates, and being forced to raise those children alone.

Also, in my opinion, abortions in the seventh month, when 90% of fetuses are able to survive outside the womb, should not be legal unless the mother's life hangs in the balance and there is no other way. I'm a little surprised an abortion at 8 months is even legal.

Soleron said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Easy solution. The father should be able to disown the child sometime before birth and not be obligated to pay child support. That way it's 100% the mother's decision but also she can't force the consequences on the father.

This would effectivley end child support for pre-birth seperated parents.  An unkind but legally consistent solution.  The other option, of course, is for a father to have the right to block the woman carrying his child's abortion.  The second option thus making the father able to hold a mother to a life of child-raising just as a mother can do right now - at least financially.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Soleron said:

This would effectivley end child support for pre-birth seperated parents.  An unkind but legally consistent solution.  The other option, of course, is for a father to have the right to block the woman carrying his child's abortion.  The second option thus making the father able to hold a mother to a life of child-raising just as a mother can do right now - at least financially.

You can't make someone give birth.

Soleron said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Soleron said:

Sure you can.  As much as you can make someone look after a child, pay for a child, not murder people, pay taxes and other things we force on individuals.  Society can do what it wants, rightly or wrongly.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Soleron said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Soleron said:

Sure you can.  As much as you can make someone look after a child, pay for a child, not murder people, pay taxes and other things we force on individuals.  Society can do what it wants, rightly or wrongly.

It's cruel and unusual punishment. I hate to make this comparison but for psychological effect it's probably similar to rape (nonconsensual violation of genitals)

Don't make this a political issue. This is strictly an ethical one.