By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More Impressive turnaround...3DS or PS3?

3DS or PS3

3DS 135 41.80%

PS3 164 50.77%

My memory is short and I ... 24 7.43%

Total:323

3DS had a drastic pricecut before its competition even launched. Nothing impressive about that,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

3DS by a landslide IMO.

Probably the PS3 because its competition was doing really well. The 3DS didn't have competition, unless you consider smart phones competition.

but ps3 had the Bonus that many People bought it because they wanted a Blu ray player, so i find the 3ds much more impressive

d21lewis said:
walsufnir said:
There never was a real turnaround for PS3. They just took way too long to close the gap due to a delayed launch. Several threads already discussed this topic.

Really, this.  People expected the PS3 to explode in sales but instead, it just sold really well.  I think we even had graphs that showed the PS3 was selling better than the PS2 when you alligned launches.  It lost a lot of money, sure.  The reason it looked like it was doing badly was because the Xbox 360 was doing better than anyone expected.  Hell, how many people posted in threads saying "The PS3 outsold the 360 every year!".  

As far as I remember it was doing really bad before the slim model released, but I'm not sure if I remember correctly.

And lol at the bolded. :p

Around the Network

I made a series of threads last year calling every console "gaming's biggest underdog" and pretty much everybody felt their console was the one that rose up against all odds to become a huge success. It's funny how that worked. I only compared home consoles, though.

--PS3--came back from a horrible start, losing exclusives to Xbox 360, overpriced, tremendous competition from Wii and360, etc. and somehow rose up against all odds.

--Wii-- came back from the Gamecube's third place position, lack of hardware power, unusual new control scheme, poor third party support, and lack of features. Somehow, it rose up against all odds.

--Xbox 360--came into a market dominated by Sony, was considered a "Dreamcast", faced a more powerful console, didn't have Blu Ray, had the RRoD. Somehow, it rose up against all odds.

Like how Sony fans feel like everybody is against them, how Nintendo fans feel like they're being attacked by all sides, and how that one Xbox fan feels like the underdog, EVERYBODY likes to feel like they're the victim that's winning in the face of adversity. In this thread, Nintendo fans will choose 3DS and Sony fans will choose PS3. People are familiar with what their favorite company had to overcome and their vote will reflect it.

Ofc ps3, 3ds never had the competition nor the doom and gloom to fail.

d21lewis said:
walsufnir said:
There never was a real turnaround for PS3. They just took way too long to close the gap due to a delayed launch. Several threads already discussed this topic.

Really, this.  People expected the PS3 to explode in sales but instead, it just sold really well.  I think we even had graphs that showed the PS3 was selling better than the PS2 when you alligned launches.  It lost a lot of money, sure.  The reason it looked like it was doing badly was because the Xbox 360 was doing better than anyone expected.  Hell, how many people posted in threads saying "The PS3 outsold the 360 every year!".  

Sales rose 1000% after the release of the slim model in 2009 - the year that marked the turnaround for the ps3. Before then it was selling worse than PS2.

Talal said:
d21lewis said:
walsufnir said:

As far as I remember it was doing really bad before the slim model released, but I'm not sure if I remember correctly.

And lol at the bolded. :p

We're on a sales site.  Have somebody look it up.  I don't pull this stuff out of my ass!

Figgycal said:
d21lewis said:
walsufnir said:

Sales rose 1000% after the release of the slim model in 2009 - the year that marked the turnaround for the ps3. Before then it was selling worse than PS2.

I don't know how to do it but use the assets on this site to align the launches, Nas.  If memory serves, I'm like positive the PS3 was selling better than the PS2!