By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More Impressive turnaround...3DS or PS3?

3DS or PS3

3DS 135 41.80%

PS3 164 50.77%

My memory is short and I ... 24 7.43%

Total:323

PS3. The console was ridiculed/shunned for its price and lack of games for YEARS. It wasn't until we got games like MGS IV, Bioshock etc on there.. A new hardware revision in 2008, alongside a large price reduction that the PS3 turned things around. 3DS OTOH turned things around within 6 months due a timely release of Super Mario 3D Land and a new bundle coinciding with a price drop. Also, like others said.. the 3DS barely had any competition at the time. PS3 was up against Xbox 360 and the Wii.

Around the Network

PS3 man. What was it like a 135% increase after the first price drop? And then up another 1000% after the Slim came out. And it had the bigger handicap man - 599 American dollars. Yeah...

I say PS3, it owned the last years of the gen handily.

Easily the PS3 I mean if you had told me 6 years ago that PS3 would pass 80 million sales and possibly get over 100 million in sales I would laughed at you.

3DS while impressive with it's turn around I fully expected it to do well regardless of all the doom threads etc...

3DS, we all knew (well i did) that the PS3 only had a rough start, it's time was coming sooner or later specially after PS1 and PS2 succes, the 3DS on the other hand was once called the next virtual boy, now it'll probably be one of it's kind, the best selling videogame console in the history of gaming and for the ages to come.

Around the Network

Lol, yet another smokescreen apologist thread. The 3DS and PS3 were not the Wii U, let's stop with this madness.

Everyone's only gripe with the 3DS was the price, the take-off as a result of the price cut was noticeably effective and Nintendo never had to look back. Sony's rap sheet looked like a public telephone directory in 2006, and there was still an eerie stigma towards the system throughout the generation, even after the price was slashed to $300. But hey, that's what Sony gets for extraordinarily underestimating the prospect of their most loyal PS2 fanboys switching to the 360.

By process of elimination, the PS3, only because it had a steeper hill to climb.

The 3DS, because in a way, it sort of became the ipod touch for gaming handheld. Now it's being use as tools in a museum, bringing people together thanks to its streetpass features. But I will give props to the PS3 making a come back to, and so far, its showing with the PS4 sales.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Einsam_Delphin said:
Definitely PS3. I mean come on, 599 US dollars mawn!

This. And because 3ds doesnt really compee with anyone. PS3 had to fight the 360 mawn

PS3 because it managed to go from 3rd to being #1 every week in its later years.

3DS is doing extremely well though considering "Handhelds are dead because of smartphones"

PS3 ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS