By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1 (700k EU)

pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
450K for EU seems a little low, especially compared to the 250K UK pulled. I guess whatever SONY shipped sold and they simply couldn't ship enough.

In comparison PS3 did 600K in Europe in its opening two days...

Not to say PS4 didn't do very well, as PS3 itself had a blockbuster launch back then (and didn't really sell out)

But it's 700k in EU >_>. 

Its 700k for EU + AU

Around the Network

next will be asia although it won't get a huge boost but more or less get another sufficient increasing...

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/9141/playstation-4-asia-launch-date-announced

and next year feb. japan launch... the hype just not ending yet...

Turkish said:
Michael-5 said:

Infoscout used more then just target and wallmart. GameStop, Best Buy, and a few others were in play.

MS didn't have a press release talking about how well the MS sold XBO's because they didn't sell out, where Sony sold out of PS4 inventory.

Plus 600k in USA + 100k in EU still puts the XBO behind the PS4 by 200k. Considering PS4 is selling out, this could mean a huge lead for PS4 once they can start meeting demand.

I doubt MS sold 600k xbones on black friday. It is still not sold out and dont think they have that much more stock than Sony.

Well we'll find out in a few days, but Black Friday is a largely US boom, and Americans love MS. Even with a 600k Black Friday, and PS4 at 300k, that still puts PS4 300k units ahead, and like we both know PS4 is only at that point because it's sold out.

I'm hoping Info Scout was wrong and PS4 did better then that too though.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

kurasakiichimaru said:
Michael-5 said:

Infoscout used more then just target and wallmart. GameStop, Best Buy, and a few others were in play.

MS didn't have a press release talking about how well the MS sold XBO's because they didn't sell out, where Sony sold out of PS4 inventory.

Plus 600k in USA + 100k in EU still puts the XBO behind the PS4 by 200k. Considering PS4 is selling out, this could mean a huge lead for PS4 once they can start meeting demand.

I think you'll be floored how unreliable infoscout is when NPD comes in.  Let's face it, how does it feel to have the best selling console during black friday but the exclusives are barely selling in their charts.

I hope InfoScout is wrong, but I still don't understand your comment. Forza 5 sold 225k in North America, which is about on par to the X360 Battlefield. Sony's Killzone sold better, but still just below Battlfield for PS4. Both consoles have exclusives selling equally well per console sold.

I.e. Killzone attach rate is 36% and Knack is 10%, where Forza's attach rate is 30.7%, Dead Rising is 23%, and Ryse is 20% + who knows what Killer Instinct's attach rate is.

Overall XBO exclusives combined are actually pushing more units then PS4's exclusives.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

EU numbers aren't as large I was expecting, but 2.1m so quickly is a very impressive figure. Kudos Sony.

Around the Network

Bow down to your prediction king

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5831791

Great launch by Sony. The marketing and hype train really got them off to an awesome start and I give them props for that. Let's see if they can keep it up over the next 6 - 7 years because I have seen plenty of companies get complacent once success comes their way...cough,Nintendo,cough. I want one eventually too, but my Wii U will be too busy in 2014 to warrant getting one anytime soon.

Why do people take small pieces of data as actual fact.

Wagram said:
Why do people take small pieces of data as actual fact.

You mean the numbers given by Sony?

That's quite impressive, especially when the PS4 hasn't even been released in Asia yet which will give Sony another 1+ million sales. Another important thing to point out is that there are still millions of people who are waiting to get their PS4's. Gamestop said that 2.3 million people are still on the waitlist. Assuming just as many people are still waiting to get their PS4's in Europe, around 7 million PS4's would have been sold if it was released in all territories with unlimited stock. So basically, it all depends on Sony being able to manufacture enough PS4's to meet demand.