By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1 (700k EU)

So 2.1 million in 32 countries is impressive? Yet numerous people were taking shots at MS when they did 1.2 in 24/48 hrs in 13, which if reports turn out to be true maybe around 1.7 to 1.9 in 13 countries in a week shorter to date,is somehow MS getting crushed as I've seen some say. Looks like MS is actually doing better in the broad scope of things. and this is good all around for everyone, except maybe Nintendo. I hope they both sell well way into the future. We all benefit no matter our console of choice. As gamers all systems should be embraced. It's competition and that's what makes people strive to innovate and create better games, consoles, interfaces, everything. and No this is not impressive for either console, It was expected. Impressive would have been 5 million for either one. but supply is what is limiting sales.

Around the Network
cmay227 said:

So 2.1 million in 32 countries is impressive? Yet numerous people were taking shots at MS when they did 1.2 in 24/48 hrs in 13, which if reports turn out to be true maybe around 1.7 to 1.9 in 13 countries in a week shorter to date,is somehow MS getting crushed as I've seen some say. Looks like MS is actually doing better in the broad scope of things. and this is good all around for everyone, except maybe Nintendo......

Lol at taking the number of countries as apple to apples.  US and UK >>> the other 30 and 12 respectively combined.   But please tell yourself what you need to hear.

xmositox said:
cmay227 said:

So 2.1 million in 32 countries is impressive? Yet numerous people were taking shots at MS when they did 1.2 in 24/48 hrs in 13, which if reports turn out to be true maybe around 1.7 to 1.9 in 13 countries in a week shorter to date,is somehow MS getting crushed as I've seen some say. Looks like MS is actually doing better in the broad scope of things. and this is good all around for everyone, except maybe Nintendo......

Lol at taking the number of countries as apple to apples.  US and UK >>> the other 30 and 12 respectively combined.   But please tell yourself what you need to hear.

SO 2.1 in 32 is better then 1.7 /1.9 in 13? Please explain. If i sell 50 apples to people in 32 states and my competitor sells 40 apples in 13 states. He is doing better than me. Plain and simple. I will still sleep fine tonight if sony sells 50 million overnight or if MS sells 50 million overnight. but to give praise to one for doing 1 million in 2 countries and then when MS does 1.2 in 13 countries say, yea but...it took 13 countries, sony did it in 2 is laughable. same logic appliesto this. It took sony 32 to hit 2 million when MS has almost got 2 million in only 13. Their will be no way of knowing who is doing better overall til the countries released in are equal. and yes everyone knows sony will dominate in japan.

cmay227 said:

So 2.1 million in 32 countries is impressive? Yet numerous people were taking shots at MS when they did 1.2 in 24/48 hrs in 13, which if reports turn out to be true maybe around 1.7 to 1.9 in 13 countries in a week shorter to date,is somehow MS getting crushed as I've seen some say. Looks like MS is actually doing better in the broad scope of things. and this is good all around for everyone, except maybe Nintendo. I hope they both sell well way into the future. We all benefit no matter our console of choice. As gamers all systems should be embraced. It's competition and that's what makes people strive to innovate and create better games, consoles, interfaces, everything. and No this is not impressive for either console, It was expected. Impressive would have been 5 million for either one. but supply is what is limiting sales.

Well Microsoft still released their Xbox One on ~90% of their global market.

Sony probably did less since Japan is a big market for them. PS4 sold more than Xbox One atm WW, and Japan's PS4 release will sold more than Xbox one in all those countries it has to release yet combined. Let's face it.

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

cmay227 said:
xmositox said:
cmay227 said:

SO 2.1 in 32 is better then 1.7 /1.9 in 13? Please explain. If i sell 50 apples to people in 32 states and my competitor sells 40 apples in 13 states. He is doing better than me. Plain and simple. I will still sleep fine tonight if sony sells 50 million overnight or if MS sells 50 million overnight. but to give praise to one for doing 1 million in 2 countries and then when MS does 1.2 in 13 countries say, yea but...it took 13 countries, sony did it in 2 is laughable. same logic appliesto this. It took sony 32 to hit 2 million when MS has almost got 2 million in only 13. Their will be no way of knowing who is doing better overall til the countries released in are equal. and yes everyone knows sony will dominate in japan.

The PS4 also did better than the XBO in the US and UK, two of XBox's strongest territories. I believe the PS4 outsold the XBO by around a quarter million in the US. While it took the XBO to sell 150k units in the UK in a week, the PS4 sold more than 250k units in 2 days. Sony's biggest enemy isn't the XBO, but rather supply constraints.

And don't make up the 2 million sales. We don't know yet, especially when there have been a lot of stories of unsold XBO's in stores. Also, Sony did not do a simultaneous launch with the PS4. It is not even out for a week in PAL territories. I say it's quite clear who won launch.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Wagram said:
Why do people take small pieces of data as actual fact.

You mean the numbers given by Sony?

The mediocre data based on 3,000 purchases.

WW 2.1M is an excellent total, after three weeks in NA and 1 week in EU and Australia, but considering that 250k are in UK alone, that Europe is SonyLand, and that North American FW sales were more than 1M, just 700k EU FW (that in absolute is excellent and in a different context would be it relatively too) is a little disappointing...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Wagram said:
JoeTheBro said:
Wagram said:
Why do people take small pieces of data as actual fact.

You mean the numbers given by Sony?

The mediocre data based on 3,000 purchases.

Because those who want to argue the opposite have nothing else to grasp on to... 

cmay227 said:
xmositox said:
cmay227 said:

It's cute when people clearly do not understand proportions.

cmay227 said:
xmositox said:
cmay227 said:

New york California texas...  apples to apples..

idaho north dakota west virginia....  oranges..

But please.. convince yourself of anything you want...