By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want, or expect from Nintendo (Wii U) in 2014? <NOT A DOOM THREAD>

Just give me a reason to keep my Wii U and don't make me feel I wasted over 400 bucks on Wii U base items, and Reggie stop lying to Nintendo fans.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
curl-6 said:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, X, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, and Yarn Yoshi is a spectacular lineup, and if they deliver I will be more than happy.

However

NO MORE FUCKING DELAYS NINTENDO!

Fans are sick of it, and Nintendo can no longer afford to piss off consumers.

You forgot Smash! I agree great lineup but they need to deliver and on time. They also need to make bloody good commercials, not an excuse anymore!

I also expect 1-2 big announcements, no reason to back down they need to be a lot more aggressive, there's still time to salvage this.

Smash was deliberately omitted, I don't like the Smash Bros games. ;)

Let's see what's announced/likely for 2014:

• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Smash Bros 4
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • X
  • Watch Dogs
  • Lego Games

Actually, considering how I only buy about 5 to 10 retail console games a year (on account of also buying handheld and PC games), so long as Nintendo doesn't delay anything, or at least replaces delayed titles with other games. I'm fine for their retail software.

Other things I'd like would include more downloadable games, including Virtual Console, Indie and/or other non-retail titles, a unified account system with the 3DS, maybe a software update or two for speed and reliability, and... actually, that's about it. I'm mostly satisfied with my current Wii U experience, save for the supply of games. And that seems to be getting largely resolved, so...

Love and tolerate.

No delays on Smash and Mario Kart, that's all I want.

Most of the above, and...

1)More focus overseas. Here on brazil we still don't have eshop, neither localized games, or club nintendo. Btu we want
2)More use of their ips: Their have a ton, but still iterate only half of than.
3) More "Famicon 30"-like promotion. This promotion of their titles this year end is poor, very poor. Please nintendo, do the good thing again.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

NO MORE DELAYS!!!

^The most important thing right there. Also I want pretty much every known Wii U game to release by the end of 2014, namely Sonic's 3rd Exclusive, Miyamoto's New IP, and most importantly Zelda U. I also want a MK8 bundle, either when the game releases or before the holidays, and although unlikely, I want the Wii U in said bundle to be of a different color, preferably Sky Blue, which would make sense as it matchs the "8" in MK8's logo.

I want a lot of things that have already been mentioned plus...
Art Style series on both the 3DS and Wii U...
GBA games on the VC...
F-Zero...
Revival of an IP we've forgotten about...
A little less Mario...

Have a nice day...

I want them to release the games they've already promised were coming in 2014:

Wii Fit U (retail bundle with the Balance Board and Fit Meter)
Art Academy
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros
X
Bayonetta 2

As well as the games that they've previously announced or "hinted" could be coming next year:

Yarn Yoshi
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
3rd Exclusive Sonic Game

And finally, at E3 or SOONER, I want to see the next Zelda as they've promised.

If they can deliver all the games they already slated for 2014, plus maybe at least Yarn Yoshi, AND show off Zelda (and hopefully announce some other games slated for 2015 like Zelda) then I will be a very happy Wii U owner next year. (Note: Thanks to Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, The Wonderful 101, and Super Mario 3D World, I've already been a happy Wii U owner since August.)

And of course, throughout 2014 if they happen to announce some of the following franchises as having Wii U iterations in development, that would just be gravy:

Wave Race
Star Fox
Kirby
Metroid
Paper Mario
Kid Icarus
Animal Crossing
Pokemon Stadium/Snap
Mistwalker making another JRPG a'la The Last Story
New IP

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

A crap loads of surprise in order to win my love back :(

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

metroid and star fox. oh and i wish zelda u would come out holiday 2014