By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Knack vs Super Mario 3D World UK comparison is unfair

Even a 40 year old would play Mario because he grew with this franchise. But knack? So, let it enjoy its first week.

Around the Network

Is this a jab at the userbase already being bigger on the launch console?

Aielyn said:
SlayerRondo said:
Super Mario 3D world is overwhelmingly better game than Knack.

Just out of curiosity, have you played them both?

Yes I have allthough honestly not nearly the same amount.

Super Mario 3D world was a day one pickup and Knack was borrowed from a friend for a couple of hours before I got bored of it.

Knack may appeal more to kids than adults but for me it was not that good. Super Mario 3D world I believe can genuinly be enjoyed by almost anyone.

What did you think of the two titles?

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

The comparison is not unfair .. it is insulting!
It is like offering people a good wine but they prefer coke. And then you say "coke selling better than wine". Of course it does. Thats why all people in the UK are fat!

SlayerRondo said:

Super Mario 3D world was a day one pickup and Knack was borrowed from a friend for a couple of hours before I got bored of it.

Knack may appeal more to kids than adults but for me it was not that good. Super Mario 3D world I believe can genuinly be enjoyed by almost anyone.

I haven't played either one, yet. Planning on getting 3D World some time in the next week or two (probably play Rayman Legends, which I got about a week ago but haven't yet played, in the meantime). Don't have the money to get a PS4 (and probably won't get one any time soon, even if the price comes down and I get a high-paying job, since it doesn't yet have anything that has captured my interest).

I asked mostly because a lot of people will make the claim that <game 1> is better than <game 2> without having played <game 2>, and because if you actually had played both, I wanted to hear more detail. So either way, it was a worthy question to ask.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
boy did people take this knack outselling mario thing seriously. does anybody really think that knack would really outsell mario life time sales, even just in the UK?

No but when Mario eventually does (by next week) you will never see any troll articles bragging about it.

Aielyn said:
SlayerRondo said:

I haven't played either one, yet. Planning on getting 3D World some time in the next week or two (probably play Rayman Legends, which I got about a week ago but haven't yet played, in the meantime). Don't have the money to get a PS4 (and probably won't get one any time soon, even if the price comes down and I get a high-paying job, since it doesn't yet have anything that has captured my interest).

I asked mostly because a lot of people will make the claim that is better than without having played , and because if you actually had played both, I wanted to hear more detail. So either way, it was a worthy question to ask.

Well if you ever catch me claiming to have played an Xbox One game and comparing it to the PS4 version feel free to call me out for being a lying fanboy.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Great sense of opportunity.

9/10

will recommend

ElPresidente7 said:
The comparison is not unfair .. it is insulting!
It is like offering people a good wine but they prefer coke. And then you say "coke selling better than wine". Of course it does. Thats why all people in the UK are fat!

You know, that wine has more calories than coke?

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_drinks/calories_in_drinks_cocacola_330ml.html

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_alcohol/calories_in_wine.html

mibuokami said:
bosslug said:
Knack sales will drop like a rock, just like I think ps4 sales will come January / February

PS4 has a pre-order backlog into next year... and given that 5 million projection from Sony, I highly doubt it would simply 'drop like a rock' into the metaphorical consumer pond.

That´s just too much. I´d say those are unrealistic projections for a new franchise. Not even The Last of Us with all that hype and critial acclaim managed to sell so much.