By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Knack vs Super Mario 3D World UK comparison is unfair

Figgycal said:

Can you really say the Wii U is a good console when we have the PS4 and Xbox One to compare it to? 1It has a few good games - a handful- and that's about it. The console itself is far from impressive. It's not personal taste to say that 2the hardware is outdated and 3overpriced. And it's not personal preference to say that 4third parties don't want to support it. 5It's not  good console. 6The best thing you can say about it is that it plays Nintendo games.

@bold 1- better than no good games at all.

@bold 2- by that logic, so are the PS4 and Xbox One's hardware.

@bold 3- no it isn't.

@bold 4- that didn't stop the other Nintendo consoles/handhelds from having great libraries now did it? that didn't stop the Wii and 3DS from selling a lot, did it?

@bold 5- in your opinion, it isn't. in my opinion, it is. it's a matter of prefrence. and i suggest you wait instead of judging a console that has been out for like 1 year.

@bold 6-  playing the best games in the industry makes it more than worth it.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
Cannoly said:
Knack is just an overhyped launch game for an overhyped console....

Says the person with a Half Life 2 sig

He must've played Episode 2 via the PS3 version of orange box lol

Rogerioandrade said:
mibuokami said:
bosslug said:
Knack sales will drop like a rock, just like I think ps4 sales will come January / February

PS4 has a pre-order backlog into next year... and given that 5 million projection from Sony, I highly doubt it would simply 'drop like a rock' into the metaphorical consumer pond.

That´s just too much. I´d say those are unrealistic projections for a new franchise. Not even The Last of Us with all that hype and critial acclaim managed to sell so much.

PS4 not Knack.

What is Mario?

To compare games with systems not even a month old with a system that has a year on them is a bit far fetched.

The same can be said about many things depending on how you view things. The 3ds sells more than vita but I like the vita better. Something along those lines, plus the install base for wiiu is pretty slim, that doesn't help mario no matter how good it is.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Huh? Too short for a joke, but also too overblown to be serious.

Whatever happened yesterday?

I was confused as well. We must have clarification, Carl...

Anywho, Knack has no chance of outselling SM3DW in the long run. Even if the PS4 outsells the Wii U 1'000'000:1.

OT: If anything, the Knack sales show that there's a fairly poor line-up to choose from. Besides, Mario has legs, Knack ought to be on crutches before long. c.o.d,battlefield,assassains creed,killzone,there was other things to choose from. i seen rev3games play the new mario for over a hour and it looks like it was made for a 6 year old imo. the wiiu is in for one miserable hell of a generation sales wise. things like zelda and maybe x will boost it for about a month before it goes back down to its regular sales before those games respected releases. mario will catch knack but that dont mean much or anything really

Carl2291 said:

Its really not fair at all. Knack simply has a bigger userbase to aim at.

That is all.

There's no achievement on outselling Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile