By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about Skyward Sword?

How do you feel about Skyward Sword?

Best Zelda Game hands down 29 12.61%

An excellent, top tier Zelda game 83 36.09%

A decent entry in the Zelda franchise 56 24.35%

A bit of a disappointing Zelda game 29 12.61%

A very disappointing Zelda game 20 8.70%

The Worst Zelda game hands down 13 5.65%

Total:230

It's a decent game with some flaws here and there, most notably being the extreme padding throughout the game. A lot of times you're made to do meaningless tasks that only serve to lengthen the game. I think Skyward Sword took me somewhere around 30 hours to beat on my first playthrough, by far the longest out of any Zelda game. Also Ghirahim the first couple of times were bad boss battles. I bet on average people struggled with this boss the first time and resorted to waggling their wiimotes everywhere. It didn't help the case at all that wii motion plus made a big difference. Only frustrations, like trying and failing to play that damn harp.

Things to like were the story, the atmosphere, the interconnectedness of the world, some cool dungeon designs like that ship dungeon. Music was excellent as always.

Around the Network

I loved it, but my gf also loves it too, so I am trying to let her beat this before me....

....she is taking her sweet time, I might just beat it myself. From what I did play, I love the controls, and I don't mind the somewhat childish art style. This game is one of only 2 IMO which take advantage of the Wiimote. Looking forward to beating it one day, I think it will rank high in my list of favorite Zelda's, but nothing will top the N64 duo. Still less exploring you say? excellent.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

It's the first Zelda game that I really have had to grind through. I haven't finished it yet which says something from a die hard Zelda fan. I don't think all the motion controls are bad but it does get cumbersome.

TheKoreanGuy said:

It's a decent game with some flaws here and there, most notably being the extreme padding throughout the game. A lot of times you're made to do meaningless tasks that only serve to lengthen the game. I think Skyward Sword took me somewhere around 30 hours to beat on my first playthrough, by far the longest out of any Zelda game. Also Ghirahim the first couple of times were bad boss battles. I bet on average people struggled with this boss the first time and resorted to waggling their wiimotes everywhere. It didn't help the case at all that wii motion plus made a big difference. Only frustrations, like trying and failing to play that damn harp.

Things to like were the story, the atmosphere, the interconnectedness of the world, some cool dungeon designs like that ship dungeon. Music was excellent as always.

The padding was really strange because it would have been long enough without the padding, and a much better game, with better pacing imo. While still being plenty long. 

Disappointing. The linearity rubbed me the wrong way, and the hand-holding from Fi was just excruciating. Even worse, the game made you sit through tutorial prompts from items and actions every time you started the game. It didn't matter how great the dungeons or controls were, I don't have patience to sit through so much nonsense just to play a game.