By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about Skyward Sword?

How do you feel about Skyward Sword?

Best Zelda Game hands down 29 12.61%

An excellent, top tier Zelda game 83 36.09%

A decent entry in the Zelda franchise 56 24.35%

A bit of a disappointing Zelda game 29 12.61%

A very disappointing Zelda game 20 8.70%

The Worst Zelda game hands down 13 5.65%

Total:230

I loved the motion plus controls, especially the sword fighting. I hope they don't go back, but I am not counting on it.

The game was really great. The only two Zelda games I think are better are Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I felt like this was the first time that the overworlds felt like the 2D games. There is a lot to do, and they felt like a tight, focused experience. Much different than the mostly empty worlds of past 3D Zelda games.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

The excessive hand-holding was a bit much but it didn't ruin my experience in any way really.

I wasn't a big lover of how the game world was set-up in Skyward Sword, with the Sky "Overworld" and the three zones below the clouds. I much prefer something like Ocarina of Time, It felt much more like a world to me then Skyward Sword ever did.

I loved the dungeons in Skyward Sword much much more then the dungeons in the 3D Zelda before it (Twilight Princess).

I know a lot of people didn't like the motion controls in the game, but I personally quite enjoyed them.. I wouldn't pick them over traditional controls but nonetheless I found them enjoyable.

The game was a bit too easy, but I still found it more challenging then Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker personally.

I liked the style of Skyward Sword and how it sort of mixed The Wind Waker's cartoon charm with Twilight Princess' more realistic style.

The story was a strong point for me, It's one of my favourite Zelda stories to date, very cinematic and enjoyable.. the only part where the story faltered a bit was when it practically stopped in the middle of the game for quite a while.

Skyward Sword also has in my opinion one of Nintendo's best soundtracks to date, Amazing orchestral music.

I think one thing people don't mention often when talking about Skyward Sword is how long the game is, the game has so much value for a game that started below the traditional $60 price tag because it was on Wii.

I'd say it's up there as one of my favourite Zelda games without a doubt.

I was satisfied with the experience, but that's not to say there weren't things I disliked...
I hated the new saving system...
Nor did I like the flying or swimming controls...
I liked the art style but I won't be torn up if I never see it again...
The beginning...
The empty sky...

Have a nice day...

This is a question that keeps popping up, it seems. Oh well.

Anyway, Skyward Sword is, in my opinion, utterly mediocre. It has some admittedly fun (for a few hours) motion controls, Inconsistent but sometimes inspired level-design, and an art-style that I personally enjoyed. The rest was joke.

The story is shallow, badly paced, and derivative.

The gameplay is shallow, repetitive, excruciatingly padded.

"Nintendo Charm" can only take a game so far, and it took me 20 hours to completely burn through every ounce of good will I had towards the game. It's not a bad title, overall, but it's as close to one as makes no difference.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

So far it was the most disappointing Zelda game i've played to date. What also made it more disappointing was comparing it to the other and imo better games that were released that year.

it was nothing revolutionary but i remember i gave the game a solid 8/10

Around the Network

I love Skyward Sword. Beautiful music, superior dungeon design, and the best storytelling of any Zelda game. Then there are the controls, which are by far the best, most responsive motion controls of any game, ever.

It's linearity is what keeps it from being among the top echelon of Zelda games, but I think the price of great motion controls was a more linear, more straightforward game.

Do you want to know what I thought about? Let me put it this way. I think OOT is not only the greatest Zelda of all time, but the greatest GAME of all time...and I didn't even play SW lol. Why? After watching Miyamoto waggle around on stage at E3, failing to get the damn game to work, I knew that all hope was lost.

Motion controls suck for core gaming and I hate them with a passion. They're fine for something light and brainless like Wii Sports but a serious game? For serious gamers? No, just no. Get them the f*** out.

pokoko said:
My first real exposure to Skyward Sword was watching Johnathon Holmes (whom I cannot stand) of Destructoid play it at E3. It turned me off the game completely. I lost every bit of interest then and there. Zelda is my favorite Nintendo franchise by far and it was probably the pivotal game for me in terms of wanting a Wii, so it was really like closing the book on the entire console. I didn't think about buying a Wii again until the Operation Rainfall games were released.

Personally, I don't even consider it a Zelda game. It's a Wii game with a Zelda shell, wrapped around a Harry Potter center. Even if I end up buying a Wii U for the RPGs (and maybe the next Zelda) I doubt I'll even give a moment's thought to Skyward Sword. It's just not what I'm looking for.

Sad.

OT: I feel like Skyward Sword is one of the easiest Zelda games ever. However, that doesn't translate into horrible quality and a boring world. In addition to being easy, it's also magnificently fun.

I love it and putting aside the bad things like linearity and hand holding it is my favorite Zelda game. I loved the motion controls and hoped for the WiiU game to implement them as well but it looks like SS will be only game that uses it in the franchise

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

My only real gripes with the game are the empty sky (and the fact you're forced to fly everywhere without any teleporting possibilities) and Fi is really annoying. The dungeons were great, I loved the art style and Ghirahim and Demise are very cool villains.

Signature goes here!