By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - By this time next year how much will each console have sold: Predictions

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah, completely outrageous. Would you mind telling me why? I would love your analysis on the market next year and have an explanation on how all this will happen. Remember, the burden of evidence is on you since you're the one making these outlandish claims (I suspect you'll counter with a predictable "your numbers are outlandish, the burden is on you" though).

I already explained why YOUR prediction is the outlandish one. enjoy the reading.

You didn't though.

I found your Nov NPD prediction, 2m. We'll find out soon!

Around the Network
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah, completely outrageous. Would you mind telling me why? I would love your analysis on the market next year and have an explanation on how all this will happen. Remember, the burden of evidence is on you since you're the one making these outlandish claims (I suspect you'll counter with a predictable "your numbers are outlandish, the burden is on you" though).

I already explained why YOUR prediction is the outlandish one. enjoy the reading.

You didn't though.

I found your Nov NPD prediction, 2m. We'll find out soon!

you didn't search, as usual.

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

Uh, so "bolded: laughable" is your explanation? I wish you gave me something more to read though, I find your explanation somewhat lackluster, to be perfectly honest. That really says it all, doesn't it. You responded in the exact way I assumed, nothing to see here.

PS4 - 12 Million
Wii U - 13 Million
Xbone - 8.5 Million
3DS - 66 Million
Vita - 8.5 Million

I am just basing this off of what I have read alot on the internet and the hype around the consoles and games. There are too many good games coming out next year for the Wii U to not take off. It may not show it in sales but it could be Nintendo's greatest year ever in terms of the quality of software and that alone is going to move units. On top of that the Bundles have been selling extremly well and my guess is that we will see Smash Bros and Mario Kart Bundles. PS4 has a ton of momentum right now and will continue to sell well just on backorders alone. In April once the game drought is in full effect it will lose alot of steam but should be alright after E3. Xbone for me in the hardest to guess. They are selling well, but I still think it's just because its new and PS4 is sold out. I may be wrong but thats my honest guess. 3DS will continue to be a beast, thats the only thing I know for sure.

Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:

Uh, so "bolded: laughable" is your explanation? I wish you gave me something more to read though, I find your explanation somewhat lackluster, to be perfectly honest. That really says it all, doesn't it. You responded in the exact way I assumed, nothing to see here.

No, the whole 450% fallacy is the explanation.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

The Wii U selling around 16.5-17 million next year, requring a yoy increase of about 450-470% is more likely than 9.5 million and a decent 20-30% yoy increase? You just won't wake up, will you. Besides, John Lucas says it will be at 35 million by January 2015 so you're too low at any rate.

bolded: laughable.

What was your breakdown for year end sales predictions on WiiU again? I think you deleted it from your wall -_-

Something like

10m - realistic
9m - down to earth
8m - pessimistic
7m - crazy
6m - haters

Something like this, typing from memory so maybe off.

The Wii U will be at 5 million by years end alone and that is running off of nothing til August in which Pikmin came out such is about as niche of a game as you can get. Same goes the Wonderful 101. Then a Zelda remake and a really good Mario Game for a month. Compare that to next year and there is no way the Wii U will be under 11.5 - 12 million, and thats if it does pretty poorly.

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:

My 450% fallacy is the explanation for my 450% fallacy. Ok. I think I'm gonna log off and do something else now, you're simply debating on a scale that is way beyond me and I need rest.

I guess I'll be conservative in my opinions:
PS4 - 10 Million
WiiU - 8 Million
XBO - 7 Million
3DS - 50 Million
PSV - 8 Million

Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:

My 450% fallacy is the explanation for my 450% fallacy. Ok. I think I'm gonna log off and do something else now, you're simply debating on a scale that is way beyond me and I need rest.

I think I wasn't clear. my EXPLANATION of your 450% "argument" is the explanation i mentioned.

PS4 12 million
Xbox One 8 million
3DS 52 million
Wii U 8 million
Vita 9 million