By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - By this time next year how much will each console have sold: Predictions

Mummelmann said:
Captain_Tom said:
Ok I have to ask: Why do so many people think the 3DS is gonna sell 22 million + next year?

The 3DS peaked already and it has never sold over 15 million in a year. What are you people expecting to happen?

They're expecting mobiles and tablets to go away. The three consecutive 30-ish million years of the DS will never be repeated by any console, handheld or otherwise, nothing will even come close.

When the Vita launched I said both the Vita and 3DS will sell half of their predecessors at best.  I stand by that statement today...

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

Wii U - 22M

Xone - 9M

Ps4k - 10.5M

3DS - 67M

Vita - 10M

rofl, 22m. I'm laughing!

Wii U: 300 Million
Xbox One: 12 Million
PS4; 16 Million
3DS: 60 Million
PS Vita: 800 Million

Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

Dude the last thing you'll be doing is laughing.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

The Wii U selling around 16.5-17 million next year, requring a yoy increase of about 450-470% is more likely than 9.5 million and a decent 20-30% yoy increase? You just won't wake up, will you. Besides, John Lucas says it will be at 35 million by January 2015 so you're too low at any rate.

Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

The Wii U selling around 16.5-17 million next year, requring a yoy increase of about 450-470% is more likely than 9.5 million and a decent 20-30% yoy increase? You just won't wake up, will you. Besides, John Lucas says it will be at 35 million by January 2015 so you're too low at any rate.

bolded: laughable.

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

Yeah, completely outrageous. Would you mind telling me why? I would love your analysis on the market next year and have an explanation on how all this will happen. Remember, the burden of evidence is on you since you're the one making these outlandish claims (I suspect you'll counter with a predictable "your numbers are outlandish, the burden is on you" though).

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

What was your breakdown for year end sales predictions on WiiU again? I think you deleted it from your wall -_-

Something like

10m - realistic
9m - down to earth
8m - pessimistic
7m - crazy
6m - haters

Something like this, typing from memory so maybe off.

Mummelmann said:

Yeah, completely outrageous. Would you mind telling me why? I would love your analysis on the market next year and have an explanation on how all this will happen. Remember, the burden of evidence is on you since you're the one making these outlandish claims (I suspect you'll counter with a predictable "your numbers are outlandish, the burden is on you" though).

I already explained why YOUR prediction is the outlandish one. enjoy the reading.