By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What game would make you buy a Wii U?

The Legend of Zelda U will make me buy the WiiU

Around the Network

Pilot Wings! :D

Dying to play a new Pilot Wings game.

Super mario RPG 2. It is the only possible game to ever warrant me buying a Wii U.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

irstupid said:
I feel sorry for those that bash the Wii U and don't buy it. It's not that expensive and there are plenty of games currently out for it that easily warrant a purchase.

You guys are seriously missing out on some great games that can not be found anywhere else. If you don't have Wii U as a complement to either Xbox One or PS4, you are a "hardcore fanboy" and I pity you.

$300 is expensive. Come on. Perhaps you can justify it to yourself if you like most of the library, but that's like a mitigating factor against the cost. The games are Nintendo quality, but the broad appeal via first party isn't there yet beyond Mario. Pikmin and W101 are super niche even if you love them.

Also it's interesting you concieve of it as a zero-sum game with One and PS4. I'm waiting for ANY of the new gen to become worth buying. If none of them are, I have no problem skipping the gen altogether.

Areym said:
Super mario RPG 2. It is the only possible game to ever warrant me buying a Wii U.

What's the unique appeal of SMRPG that didn't appear in either Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario games? M&L seems pretty close in mechanics to me, and the working title for Paper Mario was Super Mario RPG 2.

Around the Network

Pokemon.

Wait, I already have a Wii U.

...Still Pokemon.

Seriously though, if I didn't already have it, it would be Mario Kart 8.

No single game would me buy a console. If there were two or three, MAYBE. Anyways though, the only game that I actually care about from Nintendo is CLASSIC paper Mario, not the recent crap. I 'd want an actual RPG like the first two.

Mario Kart 8
Metroid Prime 4
Super Mario Galaxy 3

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Zelda U in realistic graphics, more zelda, more zelda, and if the system cost $150 bundled with zelda

I never understand the point of these threads let alone peoples replies.

I'll get it when zelda comes out or smash or mario kart.

Like they are coming out so buy the console. Be like Sony and Microsoft fans, they support their console knowing great games are coming.

Imagine if ever Nintendo fan though like the responses here then the Wii probably would have sold 500K units by now. Those kind of sales would probably lead to a discontinued console and no zelda, smash or mario kart.