By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Next Zelda NEEDS To Have Realistic Visuals

Soundwave said:
They need to take some chances with the story too.

The average Zelda game is still lighter and not as dark in tone as an average Harry Potter film (which is for KIDS too) and basically asexual too, lol.

C'mon Nintendo. Lets grow up just a little. Lets move the needle into a little darker territory, it won't hurt the franchise.

...Skyward Sword had a love story between Link and Zelda

...A Link Between Wolds´ Lorule is a dying world

...Majoras Mask is downright desturbing at times.

The Zelda series has always been on the subtile side of the spectrum, I don´t want it any other way.

Around the Network
archbrix said:
Well, the only reason that WWHD didn't show off the full graphical capabilities of WiiU was because it was still a Gamecube port. If a ground-up cel shaded game were designed on WiiU (or any next-gen console) it could shine like nobody's business.

Having said that, I do agree that Zelda U should use a more realistic style, but by that I mean something akin to Ocarina or Twilight Princess, NOT a Skyrim or LOTR style. Don't take the whimsy from my Zelda!

Agree with bolded. I don't want dark and dreary Skyrim visuals. I still want tons of color and area's that really shine in HD.

orniletter said:
Soundwave said:

The average Zelda game is still lighter and not as dark in tone as an average Harry Potter film (which is for KIDS too) and basically asexual too, lol.

C'mon Nintendo. Lets grow up just a little. Lets move the needle into a little darker territory, it won't hurt the franchise.

The Zelda series has always been on the subtile side of the spectrum, I don´t want it any other way.

Ocarina of Time had the Shadow Temple O_O

I am down with this 100%.

It will never happen.

Why not something similar to Epic yarn?

Around the Network
xJbownagex said:
orniletter said:
Soundwave said:

Ocarina of Time had the Shadow Temple O_O

Good Call !

Man, that was some hard stuff ! I was like 6 years old back then and all the blood, the crosses, chains and the guillotines were pretty terrifying.

I love the approach of the Zelda team, their games aren´t "in your face!!!" á la Dead Space, the creepy athmosphere in places is more a long the lines of Silent Hill.

Dear god no.
How about a mix between Soul Calibur/Final Fantasy animations with Skyrim grittiness?

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW

JoeTheBro said:

Why not something similar to Epic yarn?

I think Good Feel will start the development right after they have finished Yarn Yoshi

I would buy the shit out of the this !

orniletter said:
xJbownagex said:

If they want to end the negative perception that the Wii U is underpowered, they need to have one of the "big 3" mascots in a realistic setting. Whether it be Zelda or Metroid (realism doesn't work for Mario) they need to show off their system. Plus, realistic Zelda is what sells the most. If they want to sell the console, it has to be realistic.

Hopefully Anouma gets this but if it has HD Skyward Sword like visuals, I'm going to be disappointed. We've had cartoony console and handheld Zelda games for the past 6 years. It's time to let the style rest for a bit.

The perception will never go away, a great looking Zelda game won´t change a thing.

About the point below: A Link between worlds released a week ago, are the visuals "cartoony" for you ?

The Zelda team should choose the style they are comfortable with, I don´t want them to cater to the "the more realistic the better" group.

Wind Waker and Skyward Swords visuals will stand the test of time, Twilight Princess looks downright bad today.

Of course old realistic looking games won't look as good as the cartoony games from that age. But it is NOW that matters, when TP came out it had things like bad textures, but overall looked more like a game "hardcore gamers" would like to play than SS.

The general "hardcore public" would react much more positively towards a realistic-looking Zelda game. I read somewhere though, that the new one will have a new art style, with a bit from Skyward Sword.

Yep.

The next Zelda needs to be whatever style Nintendo thinks will suit the gameplay.

This has and always will be the case.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero