By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Of course Xbox One can do 1080p, 60fps, you guys are crazy

The power of the cloud is all hype and nothing more.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Ryse best launch game visuals. Thats good enough for me. QB looks awesome and Im sure Halo 5 will to.

I prefer to have a media device nowadays anyway over mainly a games console.

No ryse isn't, the fact that KZ looks as good or getter and is pushing 30-40% more pixels and is a lot more open and has way more going on only undeerscores the limits x1 has reaching said visuals. Not to mention FPS that dips in the low 20's.

PS4 also is a media device and a better game system, and people will agree once sales numbers slowly trickle out.

Thats subjective, some independent reviewers say ryse looks the best others say KZ. 

If the PS4 cant handle dlna or use external HDD's then it isnt a serious media device.  Try arguing that it is on AV forums... they will laugh at you.  Ps3 was a trojan for Blu ray, PS4 is a trojan for Sony subscription services.  I'm not sure why people are surprised wit this as Kaz has ben saying for the last two years they need to leverage their content somehow.  Now you know how.

Grasping at straws, sony is adding these in, they focused on gaming features out of the gate..please. Everything you said is BS basically. They already confimed this is all getting added. How will you spin it then? Ps4 will be a betetr game machine and a robust media device, just like PS3 was.

No they didnt. 

Yosh said (when he was inundated with complaints) that he would share the feednback with the devs for future consideration.  Dont hold your breath, they want subs to Music Unlimited.  its that simple.

Stop lying.

Whose alt are you?

Umm wrong they have since revealed it is coming soon.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/437850/post-launch-ps4-update-to-add-mp3-dlna-support-confirms-yoshida/

Dem facts.

Yoshida went on to confirm, "So as we speak, the teams in Japan and US - the systems guys - are discussing how and when we can put these features on PS4."

Dont hold your breath.  Thats not a confirmation of anything.

Its against everything kaz wants and i seem to remember they said similar things for years about cross game chat on the ps3...

When not if, keep grasping at straws... It is obvious this will be there just like it was for ps3. How do you know what KAZ wants do tell? They were open about corss game chat not being possible due to the ram. Again you are wrong., Yet you won't be man enough to admit it.

jlmurph2 said:

You do know that Ryse was 1080p at E3 right? Crytek took it down because they didn't like the lighting of 1080p on the helmets and armor, it wasn't realistic. 

Well, I was preparing a short answer, then I've realized you are probably joking. You've gotta be joking.

Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Ryse best launch game visuals. Thats good enough for me. QB looks awesome and Im sure Halo 5 will to.

No ryse isn't, the fact that KZ looks as good or getter and is pushing 30-40% more pixels and is a lot more open and has way more going on only undeerscores the limits x1 has reaching said visuals. Not to mention FPS that dips in the low 20's.

PS4 also is a media device and a better game system, and people will agree once sales numbers slowly trickle out.

Thats subjective, some independent reviewers say ryse looks the best others say KZ. 

If the PS4 cant handle dlna or use external HDD's then it isnt a serious media device.  Try arguing that it is on AV forums... they will laugh at you.  Ps3 was a trojan for Blu ray, PS4 is a trojan for Sony subscription services.  I'm not sure why people are surprised wit this as Kaz has ben saying for the last two years they need to leverage their content somehow.  Now you know how.

Grasping at straws, sony is adding these in, they focused on gaming features out of the gate..please. Everything you said is BS basically. They already confimed this is all getting added. How will you spin it then? Ps4 will be a betetr game machine and a robust media device, just like PS3 was.

I am often on nthe av forums.. anyone with slight intelligence knows more features get added after launch (LIke these) just like MS doesnt have streaming, and numerous other features, Sony focused on other things., it's coming destroying your wntire argument.

X1 is a trojan horse for anti-consukmer practices, DRM and paywalls...See teo can play this childish game. Blu-ray the now standard HD disc media was a trojan horse LMAO.

to bold I agree and I would add the windows media player extender.... makes it the ultimate gaming machine for any AVS enthusiat with HTPC.... and on that fact alone PS and anybody else will never compete with the XB.... the 360 sold millions of console on that fact alone in the AVS market in the recent years... it makes it the perfect cable box replacement for someone with a multi channel Tuner on their PC plus easy access in a clean presentation for all their media content stored on the HTPC or other storage/server/NAS.... and apparently it is working great with kinect on the xbox one.... I have seen nothing comparable on any other console or even TV box such as roku or apple TV....

but guys that's not really the subject here...

michael_stutzer said:
jlmurph2 said:

You do know that Ryse was 1080p at E3 right? Crytek took it down because they didn't like the lighting of 1080p on the helmets and armor, it wasn't realistic. 

Well, I was preparing a short answer, then I've realized you are probably joking. You've gotta be joking.

For his sake I hope so, because it sure is a ridiculous post lol.

Around the Network
endimion said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:

I am often on nthe av forums.. anyone with slight intelligence knows more features get added after launch (LIke these) just like MS doesnt have streaming, and numerous other features, Sony focused on other things., it's coming destroying your wntire argument.

X1 is a trojan horse for anti-consukmer practices, DRM and paywalls...See teo can play this childish game. Blu-ray the now standard HD disc media was a trojan horse LMAO.

to bold I agree and I would add the windows media player extender.... makes it the ultimate gaming machine for any AVS enthusiat with HTPC.... and on that fact alone PS and anybody else will never compete with the XB.... the 360 sold millions of console on that fact alone in the AVS market in the recent years... it makes it the perfect cable box replacement for someone with a multi channel Tuner on their PC plus easy access in a clean presentation for all their media content stored on the HTPC or other storage/server/NAS.... and apparently it is working great with kinect on the xbox one.... I have seen nothing comparable on any other console or even TV box such as roku or apple TV....

but guys that's not really the subject here...

Is this a joke? X1 doesnt even support media centre extender and it was hrrendous on PS3.. PS3 was a vastly superior media device and was used more for media (PS3 is #1 for netflix as an example and hgad bluray.) You are totally mis-informed. Ps3's media abilites were vastly superior to 360, 360 didn't work with barely any formats.

Also as said the PS4 can handle DLNA it was just not ready for laynch. The ps3 sold more due to its media ability then 360 ever did.

You have not used many media boxes if you think x1 even competes with the better media boxes out there.

Go to the AV forums and say this you will be laughed off their forum, 360 was terrible at streaming HD video, Ps3 worked great.

What you failed to mention in the OP is that the 360 can do 1080p 60FPS as well

If PS3 can run 1080p games at 60fps then of course Xbone can run 1080p at 60fps... just not any kind of game.

toastboy44562 said:

You guys are delusional. The only reason we are seeing sub 1080p on the Xbox One is because devs are lazy/don't know how to program/not worth their time to change ports yet.

Or maybe the games they are making CANNOT run at 1080p/60fps on the xbox one at decent quality, so they decided to maintain quality while sacrificing resolution and frame rate.

Hope this is a joke thread.

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:

Why would you need external HDD when you can simply slide the top of the PS4 open and pop in a 2TB HDD?

You jumped in without thinking about the subject of the conversation didnt you

This is about media streaming/capability.  An external HDD could help greatly with media streaming. An internal drive behind the limitations of the PS4 cant.

I saw the portion about not being a serious media device if it didn't use external HDD, so I asked. No need to get snippy.

It's a simply misunderstanding on my part it seems.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:

I saw the portion about not being a serious media device if it didn't use external HDD, so I asked. No need to get snippy.

It's a simply misunderstanding on my part it seems.

Apologies... I'm just having to deal with the overly aggressive alt account... I'm thinking its probably iamdeath at the moment.

No problem.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!