By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Of course Xbox One can do 1080p, 60fps, you guys are crazy

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
fighter said:
toastboy44562 said:
manny10032 said:
toastboy44562 said:

Xbox 360 can do 720 at 60fps and the Xbox One is 16 times more powerful than the 360. It's obvious the Xbox One can do 1080p at 60fps. You guys are delusional. The only reason we are seeing sub 1080p on the Xbox One is because devs are lazy/don't know how to program/not worth their time to change ports yet. next year and beyond all games will be top notch. /thread

So why are the PS4 versions of those games better?

PS4 and Xbone have the same architecture based of x86.

microsoft changed policies/released dev kits later/ who knows??

also because the PS4 architecture is more familiar to developpers

Its also cause the xbox one is technically weaker... [and stuff]

well that too

although I bet that considering the price and the complexity of the X1 architecture it has more room for optimization than the PS4

anyway - the question is why the games are not yet 1080p 60fps

the fact that one console is more powerful than the other doesn't prevent both from achieving the promised standard

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I have never heard anyone say the X1 is incapable of 1080p, 60fps.  

They will never say it clearly but they will attempt to make it look as only one console is capable (even in this very thread).

Which is kind of moronic when all new-gen consoles have already achieved 1080p/60fps.

Well someone told me that the Xbox One has 16 ROP's and the ps4 has 32. They also mentioned that 32 ROP's are the golden standard for 1080p output, but that it can be done with 16 only that its a lot harder. Some technical genius here on VGC who can confirm :)?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I have never heard anyone say the X1 is incapable of 1080p, 60fps.  

So you haven't heard Xbox 720p?

Ryse best launch game visuals. Thats good enough for me. QB looks awesome and Im sure Halo 5 will to.

I prefer to have a media device nowadays anyway over mainly a games console.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Xbox 360 can do 720 at 60fps and the Xbox One is 16 times more powerful than the 360. It's obvious the Xbox One can do 1080p at 60fps. You guys are delusional. The only reason we are seeing sub 1080p on the Xbox One is because devs are lazy/don't know how to program/not worth their time to change ports yet. next year and beyond all games will be top notch. /thread

Edit: Microsoft didn't even release their secret sauce yet!! The power of the Cloud awaits us all

YEah the point is ther PS4 can reach it easier and without compromises.. LOL @ the cloud Pr garbage. That's a running joke for a reason.

selnor1983 said:
Ryse best launch game visuals. Thats good enough for me. QB looks awesome and Im sure Halo 5 will to.

No ryse isn't, the fact that KZ looks as good or getter and is pushing 30-40% more pixels and is a lot more open and has way more going on only undeerscores the limits x1 has reaching said visuals. Not to mention FPS that dips in the low 20's.

PS4 also is a media device and a better game system, and people will agree once sales numbers slowly trickle out.

toastboy44562 said:

Edit: Microsoft didn't even release their secret sauce yet!! The power of the Cloud awaits us all

So you have no idea what deving is and you insult devs ? that's cute.

Console is new and needs time to be mastered. And all we say is that it took less time on PS4.

BTW, Wii could show a 1080p 60fps black square, but it would just be a black square. Dat 1080p 60fps contest is stupid.

toastboy44562 said:
manny10032 said:
toastboy44562 said:

So why are the PS4 versions of those games better?

PS4 and Xbone have the same architecture based of x86.

microsoft changed policies/released dev kits later/ who knows??

You certainly don't!

Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:

No ryse isn't, the fact that KZ looks as good or getter and is pushing 30-40% more pixels and is a lot more open and has way more going on only undeerscores the limits x1 has reaching said visuals. Not to mention FPS that dips in the low 20's.

PS4 also is a media device and a better game system, and people will agree once sales numbers slowly trickle out.

Majority say it is buddy.

Alot more detail in environments, animations and characters. Also lighting is rediculous. 

Good luc with enjoying your PS4.Your doinng alot of justifying lately.