By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Okay Sony Fans it is time to face reality

RESOGUN says hi.

Best launch exclusive for the two next-gen consoles if you ignore Flower.

Around the Network

what a absolute pointless thread.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Did you get the PS2 at launch OP? Did you see the appauling launch line-up? The only worthwhile game came out 6 months after launch (GT3). Yet, the system was unexplicably sucessful. More than the original PS1, even though the competition was fiercer.

There is not logic sometimes. Sometimes a company just hits a nerve inside consumer heads, and Sony did that with the PS1 and that was enough to make the PS2 a sucess. I am convinced that that happened again with the PS4. People are crazy for the PS4, because they see the potencial in it. And because people are rushing to the PS4 like hotcakes, the publishers will bring great support to it. Its not super logical, its an impulse emotional buy.

Personally i actually blame it on SEGA. When SEGA was busy releasing crap addons to the Genesis and then rushing a super expensive Saturn to the market they quickly dropped support for, and Nintendo that couldnt get their act together with the N64, left a huge void in the market. Sony rescued consumers at that point with great games on the PS1. I think that is where the emotional belief in Sony comes from. They were the saviors of that gaming gen. Given the anti-consumer policies Microsoft tried to usher in, and the lower visibility Nintendo is having with the Wii U, i believe that its happening again. People are choosing the Playstation as the savior of the gen once more. Purely emotional, but racional.

leo-j said:
assassins creed IV
Killzone shadow fall
realistic nba 2k14
battlefield 4
and the new cod

say otherwise

Yes. I do love Nintendo games but nobody wants to buy only a Wii-U just for mario and Zelda knowing well that they won't have the great multiplats or will have old gen ports. I have already mario kart on 4 different Nintendo consoles (with several controllers) for fun time with friends. Do I absolutely need an upcaled one on Wii U?

And already now some multiplats (and indies) are not even released or wont be on Wii U. Lots of people want the next gen feeling even on sport multiplats.

Even Fifa at 1080p 2xMSAA is a huge improvement from 720p. COD at 1080, BF4 at 900p with better framerate effects etc.

You can't just say that PS4 has only Resogun. It has all next gen multiplats and indies, plus some decent first parties and a promising 1st parties future.

You know we have already been burned by the Wii effect. And most have missed great multiplats, indies and Sony/Microsoft first parties just for a bit of fun with mario or mario kart. I think most of gamers don't want to repeat the same mistake and also wants open world immersive next gen games, competitive fps, realistic racers, GTA etc that won't exist or be the same on old gen consoles and Wii U.

cyberninja45 said:

As the thread title says.

Come on the hyped has died and reality should be kicking in that the games on ps4 are not worth it. Instead of discussing how fast your load times are or how many extra pixels are on your screen you should just man up and admit that you bought a massive paper weight.

Edit-

Since reality seems to be hurting a lot of people I will put things into perspective for you. One of the biggest failures of the wiiU launch was that besides NSMBU the only other games it had worth playing  was last gen ports and it deservedly got a lot of flack for that. The ps4 is in the same position this time around only worth while games are those that could already be played on last gen consoles.

Yes I know people get excited and caught up in hype and rush to buy consoles but sometimes the reality is it is just not worth it (at least for the while).

And yes I played resogun.

Firstly the only person that seems hurt is you.

secondly, better graphics and more pixels is why people buy a new console, its what makes next gen, 'next gen'. Otherwise everyone would carry on playing their current gen consoles.

Maybe you dont like the games, thats fine, but it has 2 of the biggest shooters in the industry and evidently, shooters are the dominant genre on consoles, so in this case, your opinion on the quality of the games in irrelevant.

You can wait for the games you like, but theres plent of people who like BF, COD, Forza, Killzone and all the other games that launched.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Porcupine_I said:
I'm only facing one reality, that UPS has canged the delivery date of my PS4 to monday.

And now i have papers flying around everywhere for the weekend.

You don't have a Ps Vita to use instead? 

I would answer that, but i'm busy playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

cyberninja45 said:

One of the biggest failures of the wiiU launch was that besides NSMBU the only other games it had worth playing  was last gen ports and it deservedly got a lot of flack for that.

Anyone who says NSMBU was worth it a super class A Nintendrone, I almost fell asleep watching 10 seconds of that crap, And all the ports for the Wii U sucked, they came late and with missing features, it wasn't just that you could play them in other platforms, they were BETTER on them too. Wii U is one of the biggest disgrace on the history of gaming. I'm sorry but I've been keeping that in for a long time.

POE said:
You all know he´s right

This.

I feel ashamed when I see how people here react to the OP. Wii U got no games till March, everyone bashed it, same goes for PS4 and Xbone, nobody cares. But we will se, I can already see people crying for games in january when they finished Assassin's Creed maybe already, played Killzone for a while or won their first championship in NBA.

Don't wanna defend the Wii U, but srsly, in this case, I have to. Somebody says the truth and everything, what people do, is shouting "you are awful" "get out of here". That is sad. But like I said, let's wait a few weeks, and soon, we're all getting a Deja-Vu, but for now, there is still enough hype in the air to ignore the facts.

Planning on myself fr a PS4, just sayin', but not now, becuase of the lack of games the next 5 months and the line-up is meh.

All the  multiplats sold nearly double for the PS4 in NA then they did on the XONE worldwide.

Chew on that fact. What does it taste like?

Yes i totally agree with this post, because i buy a gaming console only for its 1st month of its lifecycle!