By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 completely sold out everywhere in UK now

Dallinor said:

Yeah demand is nuts right now. Pre-orders in Ireland were higher per head of population than anywhere else in the world for the two new systems. Right now PS4's are selling for up to €1000 on classified ad sites and there's threads on local websites for people looking to get a launch PS4 without a pre-order. Some were resorting to paying extortionate amounts to ship one from the UK.

There were a few UK websites with stock up until about an hour ago. 

This is the only one I can find that has stock, but you have to buy a Vita as well

Yeah for sure. At my local gamestop, there was easily 100 people getting the system tonight, xtravision/hmv had a midnight launch too . Even tescos were doing one. Demand is very high and gamestop are sold out until the new year already.

Around the Network
manny10032 said:
So 3 MIL PS4 sold by the end of the year is not out of reach

That will be easily attained. I think it will be at 3.5 million at the end of December, but it's a limit due to stock limitations on their production. It's not like the XBONE where it's available all around. I've seen it in stock in many places, the Day One bundles too... I dunno, seems like PS4 demand and sell-through rate is through the roof. My friend tried to find a PS4 on the sales today (Black-Friday), but wasn't able to even find one in stock at any Best Buys in our area, nor Toys-R-us, nor Target, Walmart. I tried to find a place with them, but I can't find one at all for him sadly. And Gamestop says they won't have one until after the Holidays (not sure if true), cause that backlog must be giant if true.

ethomaz said:
And some guys here are expecting to Xbone match the PS4 sales in UK.

The demand is just too high for that.

XBONE doesn't have a chance, reports are that the XBONE is in stock in many shops, and it's very easy to find here in the States. Can't find one PS4, but I've seen piles of XBONE's (no exaggeration). Green and black packages (black = day one).

Australia seems completely sold out. The 2 major retailers pre sold out of there first 3 shipments. Other smaller stores seem sold out too (unless you get extremely lucky)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Yeah John lewis sold the 800 systems they got in 8 minutes. CRAZY!

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's unlikely UK got 500K systems. More like 250K (which is what SONY was reported to be aiming for)

You might find some tomorrow morning in supermarkets.

These new guys really need to go. Nobody is impressed by these fake accounts praising ps4.

darthdevidem01 said:
Yeah John lewis sold the 800 systems they got in 8 minutes. CRAZY!

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's unlikely UK got 500K systems. More like 250K (which is what SONY was reported to be aiming for)

You might find some tomorrow morning in supermarkets.

I never realised how much I missed that smiley faced dog until I saw it just now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

SonyDomination is back

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I'm not so sure europe numbers will be crazy. It could be europe received less stock

Xbone sld 1 million world wide 500 k in North America and 500 k in the uk.
Now ps4 sold 1 million in each country

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3