By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku: Installing Xbox One Games Takes Way Too Long

zumnupy10 said:
michael_stutzer said:

I am not planning to buy an Xbone, that comment was for potential Xbone owners.

Using that logic PS4 owners have to have sex in mere seconds. PS4 will make girls unhappy.

Why do you need to have sex when you can play PS4 instead? Of course it will.

Around the Network

The difference is huge... there's no denying that.

However, I don't really think it makes that big of a difference in the scheme of things.

selnor1983 said:
I can confirm That Ryse did take around 5-10 mins to install 7- 8% at which point it allows you to play. But it does do any updates first, which is nice.

The Ps4 install is really impressive. I believe though it does the update at the end. So only uses the update after you restart the game. Is that right?

No need to restart.  

Waiting ten minutes isn't that bad.

But damn, those PS4 instals are pretty impressive

michael_stutzer said:
zumnupy10 said:
michael_stutzer said:

I am not planning to buy an Xbone, that comment was for potential Xbone owners.

Using that logic PS4 owners have to have sex in mere seconds. PS4 will make girls unhappy.

Why do you need to have sex when you can play PS4 instead? Of course it will.

One day I'll try to make both things at the same time.

Around the Network

I kind of feel sorry for Xbox One users. Lower resolutions and significantly longer install times.

9087 said:
I kind of feel sorry for Xbox One users. Lower resolutions and significantly longer install times.

You don't like I didn't feel sorry for PS3 users because of worse install-system (well, not present in any way), bigger patches, worse patches, worse multiplats...

walsufnir said:
9087 said:

You don't like I didn't feel sorry for PS3 users because of worse install-system (well, not present in any way), bigger patches, worse patches, worse multiplats...

Weird how its totally the opposite now. 

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
9087 said:

Funny how this topic was never of any interest until now

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
9087 said:

Funny how this topic was never of any interest until now

PS3 install times was always a running joke between my circle of friends.