By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku: Installing Xbox One Games Takes Way Too Long

ethomaz said:

Arcturus said:

I have all options selected as well. I'm getting the same boot up time, whether the PS4 is completely off or it's in standby mode. Very weird.

As I mentioned before, it seems that some people are experiencing 15-20 second boot from standby, and some are experiencing a 5 second boot from standby.

@JoeTheBro  made a good observation... you tried the Standby while the PS4 is downloading some thing? I'm donwload all the F2P games right now so I will need some time to test without nothing happening in background.

It never crossed my mind that you could put the PS4 in standby mode while downloading something. So, did JoeTheBro suggest that it boots faster from Standby if it is actively downloading something?

Around the Network

Arcturus said:

It never crossed my mind that you could put the PS4 in standby mode while downloading something. So, did JoeTheBro suggest that it boots faster from Standby if it is actively downloading something?

Yes... mine is downloading right now and when I go statdby it back in less than 5 seconds... I will try later when I didn't have more download in background.